66

All of a sudden, all of the fatigue that she had just moments ago had completely melted away. Almost as if she wasn't in a serious battle in the first place. Looking at all her pokemon, it seemed that they were experiencing the same thing. Lucien and Skye who were doing most of the battling up until now seemed more than ready to fight once again.

The Altarianite around Sapphire's neck was glowing brightly, in response to the Key Stone that Elsie had.

'We... all got a boost of strength... does that mean that-' her eyes widened in realization as she turned her attention to Sagent and Resilvern.

"You... granted me strength like you used to do for the people in Holon back then. Thank you."

"You have an organization to stop alongside your friends," Sagent told her as a portal appeared behind Elsie. Terrafae hopped onto the human's shoulder. "Go and save your home. Be wise and concise about your actions."

Elsie nodded turning around to face the portal provided for her. Taking a breath, she walked through it with her pokemon. Before she knew it, she was standing at the exact same spot right before she was transported to Dragonvein Forest.

Articuno, Regice, and Kyurem were still there along with Demetria, who was currently having a staredown with her Glaceon. A broken pokeball laying in between them.

'That's right. Glaceon refused to battle us and Demetria lost patience with her and decided to force the legendary pokemon to attack. I guess... Glaceon broke her own pokeball as a way to say that she no longer wants to be considered Demetria's partner.'

Elsie felt sympathy for the ice-type eeveelution. 'She shouldn't have been dragged into all this. Maybe I can find somewhere for her to live until she decides what she wants to do after all this mess is over with.'

From the continued staredown, Elsie was able to figure out that no one had noticed her return. Which was an opportunity that she wasn't going to let go to waste. She remembered the words that Sagent told her right before she had left. Be wise and concise with the actions she takes.

"No more formal battling. Everyone, go forward and attack those contraptions. Make sure that they fall off the legendary pokemon."

In a heartbeat, her team was dashing toward the three large ice types, finally getting the attention of Glaceon and Demetria.

"What in the... How are you back!? You... you!"

The Team Frost leader wasn't able to react as Elsie's pokemon ran past her, going straight for Articuno, Regice, and Kyrurem. Elsie wasn't too far behind them, but instead of going after the legendary, she tackled Demetria.

The two girls crashed into the ground, which caused the Team Frost leader to drop the remote that was controlling the legendary pokemon on the ground, skidding a distance away from them. Elsie glanced at it before grabbing what she was really after, Demetria's pokeballs. She got up, trying to make a run for the remote but Demetria grabbed her leg, causing her to fall back down.

"Oh no, you don't. You don't get to just pop out of nowhere after I thought I had gotten rid of you!"

"And you don't get to make the lives around you miserable just because of a stupid test!"

When Elsie reached for the remote, it was destroyed just seconds after. Based on the glimpse of the attack that flew past them, what broke the remote was most likely a Shadow Ball. Elsie and Demetria looked over their shoulders to see Glaceon standing there, letting out a sigh of relief.

Elsie smiled at the eeveelution. "Thank you for your help, Glaceon."

She yanked her ankle out of Demetria's grasp. Now that she didn't have a team of pokemon with her, the Team Frost leader wasn't that much of a threat.

Elsie rushed over to her pokemon, who were facing the confused and maybe even panicked legendary pokemon. The contraptions around them were a lot more damaged and also looked like they were powered off. All good signs.

"Is everyone doing alright?" she called out to her team.

Immediately Sapphire and Prism stood protectively in front of her just in time to counteract an Ice Beam from Articuno with their own attacks.

'They might not be controlled anymore, but they're probably wondering where they are.' Elsie thought. 'After those things on them are destroyed, we gotta think of a way to calm them all down.'

Immediately her thoughts went to her Altaria, glancing between Sapphire and the Mega Stones that they had.

'No matter what state I'm in, Sapphire's songs were always able to calm me down. Could the same method work for them?'

It seemed like the only viable option rather than just having her team throw themselves at frightened legendaries. It was worth a try.

Elsie gripped the Key Stone around her neck, causing it to shine bright. "Sapphire, when I give the cue, I want you to sing."

Both her dragon-type partners looked back at her with some confusion only to be met with determination in their trainer's eyes. Sapphire then nodded, spreading out her wings as if she was going to take flight. The Altarianite shone just as brightly as Elsie's Key Stone just before the light began to cover Sapphire, causing her to grow and change shape. When the light died down, Sapphire had morphed into the form of a Mega Altaria.

"Okay Sapphire, sing."

Sapphire flew above the three legendary pokemon, releasing a soothing melody. It was then that Articuno, Regice, and Kyruem all stopped their actions, turning their attention to the Mega Altaria. Elsie visibly saw the three becoming less tense.

'Now's our chance.'

"Ico use Leaf Blade to get those things off of them."

With one swing, the legendary pokemon were free from the metal contraptions they were wearing. After being certain that no further attacks would be exchanged, Sapphire landed next to Elsie, waiting for whatever was going to happen next.

The three ice-type legendaries all looked at Elsie.

"I'm sorry you were all dragged into such meaningless chaos," she said. "But... nothing's stopping you from going back to your homes now. Team Frost isn't a threat to you anymore. Just... don't lash out at anyone in Holon on your way back, please."

At first, there wasn't any reaction. After a few moments of silence, Articuno spread its wings and flew off. Kyruem followed suit not long after. Finally, there was Regice, who walked to the edge of the tower before jumping.

Elsie let out a sigh of relief. "They're all going back to their own regions without doing any further damage... so it's all over now."