27

"Prism, use Dragon Rage!" Elsie called out.

Much to the Kahuna and her Anorith's surprise, the Eevee used Dragon Rage. Due to the initial shock, the Anorith wasn't able to dodge the attack, which caused it to be knocked back.

"An Eevee that knows Dragon Rage? Never seen that before."

"Let's just say that Prism is one of the first Eevee from my home to learn how to do the impossible." Elsie explained.

"Then let's see what else you can do. Anorith use Metal Claw!"

"Dodge it and then use Quick Attack!"

Prism managed to jump out of the way of the first swing but not the second. The Eevee skidded back but recovered swiftly and dashed forward, using Quick Attack.

"Counter it with Smack Down!" Olivia ordered.

"Turn your direction to that Smack Down!"

In an instant, Prism changed targets, using Quick Attack on the quickly approaching rock from above rather than the opposing pokemon, which resulted in Anorith's attack being redirected to it. The Old Shrimp Pokemon jumped back but wasn't able to react fast enough when Prism came rushing forward again.

"Use Dragon Rage one more time!"

With that final attack, Anorith was defeated.

"Way to go Prism!" Elsie praised.

Prism looked back at her trainer and grinned, her tail wagging a little.

Olivia returned her tired pokemon, wishing it a good rest. "Well done. It seems that you and that Eevee have a very strong bond."

Elsie nodded. "It's thanks to her and my Swablu that I'm in the middle of the journey to begin with. Both Prism and Sapphire give me courage."

The Kahuna nodded as she brought out her second pokemon. A moment later, a Lileep appeared on the battlefield.

"Lileep, the Sea Lily Pokemon. A rock and grass type. In ancient times, it lived in warm seas. It disguised itself as seaweed to ambush its prey and devoured them whole when they got close."

Elsie once again thanked her Rotom for the dex entry. "Prism, do you want to keep battling?"

"Vee!" Prism nodded, turning her focus on the Lileep in front of her. Elsie nodded as well and called out her next command.

"Alright then, use Double Kick!"

Lileep watched as its opponent rushed forward, staying still.

"Use Giga Drain!" Olivia called out.

Prism suddenly found herself trapped within the Sea Lily Pokemon's tentacles. As soon as they began glowing green, the Eevee felt her strength slowly leaving her. But that didn't completely stop Prism. Struggling all that she could, Prism managed to use Double Kick repeatedly on the Lileep. This standoff between the two pokemon lasted to what seemed like a while, as long as Lileep kept a hold on Prism, she kept kicking. After a bit, the Eevee felt Lileep's grip on her weaken, which allowed her to break free after one last struggle. Once separated, both pokemon looked exhausted, Prism breathing heavily and Lileep bending over as if it was a wilted flower. Whatever strength that it tried to steal from Prism was lost since the Eevee made sure that Lileep couldn't use that stolen energy.

"Lileep use Ancient Power!" Olivia shouted.

"Prism use Quick Attack!" Elsie shouted at the same time.

The two attacks collided and when the dust cleared, both pokemon were down. After a few tense moments, Prism was the first to move, slowly but surely getting to her feet. The Eevee had won another round. But the moment Olivia returned her Lileep, Prism fell again. Sapphire didn't waste any time flying over and picking up her friend from the dirt and bringing her to Elsie.

"Thanks for all your hard work, Prism." Elsie said, taking her partner in her arms. "You take a nice long rest alright?"

Elsie pulled out her Pokeball but Prism pushed it away.

"Vee, eevee."

"Oh, you wanna watch how the rest of this plays out don't you?"

Prism nodded.

"Alright then." Elsie then turned to Lillie. "Can you take care of Prism for me so that way she can still watch?"

"Of course."

Sapphire then carried Prism over to Lillie as Elsie refocused on the battle at hand.

"You've done well. I'm down to my last pokemon."

Elsie couldn't help but tense up a little when Olivia's third and last pokemon appeared; a Midnight Form Lycanroc. Her first reaction was to call out Skye's name but she knew that would do nothing here.

'He's only been gone for several hours at most and since I still have his Pokeball there's no way that Lycanroc is him.'

The trial-goer recovered from her initial shock right before anyone could ask what was wrong. Taking a deep breath, she pulled out Ico's Pokeball and sent him out. The Dartrix looked around curiously before turning his head towards his trainer.

"This is our last battle for the day Ico. Let's keep up all the hard work that Prism did for us alright?"

Ico nodded, brushing the leaf out of his face before facing the Lycanroc, who growled, more than ready to get on with the battle.

"Lycanroc use Bite!"

"Ico use Razor Leaf!"

As Ico prepared to use Razor Leaf but the Lycanroc was faster, dashing forward and using Bite. The moment the attack made contact, Razor Leaf disappeared. When that happened, Elsie figured that the Bite caused Ico to flinch.

"Now use Rock Tomb!"

Quickly recovering from the previous flinch, Ico flew up, dodging what would've been a super-effective attack. Giving it one more chance, the Dartrix used Razor Leaf, this time being able to hit his target. Olivia's Lycanroc held its arms up in defense in an attempt to endure the hit. The force of the grass-type attack causing it to skid back.

When the leaves vanished, Elsie noticed both Olivia and Lycanroc sharing the same grin, which made her wonder what exactly was going to happen next.

"There's no need for us to keep this going when we can end this." Olivia said, holding up her Z-Ring, the crystal attached to it glowing. "The deciding factor of this Grand Trial is here and now."

Elsie nodded, responding by attaching the Grassium-Z to her own ring.

'This is it...'

The last commands were shouted along with two dances.

"Use Continental Crush!"

"Use Bloom Doom!"

A field of flowers suddenly appeared as a giant rock formed over Lycanroc's head. As the rock descended, what Elsie could only describe as an equally giant Solar Beam fired. The two Z-Moves collided, both struggling to overpower the opposing move for a few moments. It was then that Bloom Doom broke through the middle and now heading towards Lycanroc while the now shattered pieces of Continental Crush continued to fall towards Ico. Unlike the Dartrix however, Olivia's Lycanroc wasn't able to fly over to avoid the blunt force of the Z-Move.