54

Elsie took a deep breath as she and Lillie returned to Poni Island.

"We're back," she said.

Lillie nodded. "All you have to do now is meet with Mina and summon the Totem Pokemon. Then you'll be able to begin your last grand trial."

Elsie then began to make her way toward where Mina was waiting for her. It was only when she was at the door that she noticed Lillie going in another direction. "You're not coming along?"

"I have my grand trial to face," Lillie told her. "Hapu is waiting for me. I'm sure you'll do just fine. After all, you made it this face."

She nodded, smiling a little. "Right. Good luck with your grand trial. I'm sure that you and Snowy will do great."

The two trial goers exchanged a final farewell before continuing on their separate paths. Once Elsie had walked through the door, she noticed Evan and Mina talking. She watched as the boy was handed a small glass case, which at this point, she knew would be the case to keep all the flower petals.

'So he's made it past Nanu.' she thought. 'I'm a little ahead of him.'

Evan began to walk out, almost bumping into Elsie.

"What are you doing here?" he questioned.

"To finish Mina's trial," Elsie replied. "I got all the petals from the other captains."

The boy simply sighed. Elsie thought she heard him mutter something along the line of not being able to understand her but she wasn't certain. Then again she paid little mind to it either. She just stepped aside, allowing Evan to leave the boat. Once he was gone, she went to Mina, handing her the rainbow flower she completed.

"Here you go. All the petals from the other trial captains."

Mina smiled and took the rainbow flower. "Great. With this, we'll be able to lure the Totem Pokemon here. Are you ready?"

Elsie nodded. "I'm ready."

Mina then placed the rainbow flower on a blank canvas. At first, nothing happened. Elsie looked around curiously, to see if there was something that she had missed.

'No there couldn't have been something I missed. Mina would've told me something by now if there was.'

Her attention was then focused on the door when it began to open. Elsie took a breath, bracing herself for whatever was about to happen.

It was then the Totem Pokemon came fluttering in, facing Elsie.

'It's a Ribombee.' she thought. 'I think I've seen a few of those around.'

As always, Rotom appeared with information about the pokemon in front of them.

"Ribombee, the Bee Fly Pokemon. A bug and fairy type. Ribombee collect flower nectar and pollen to make into balls known as Pollen Puffs. They serve as food, and what's more, they also can cause effects like paralysis or dizziness. Ribombee may use puffs to strike their opponents during battles."

Elsie nodded in thanks before sending out Lucien. The Arcanine immediately got ready for battle, keeping his eyes on the Totem Pokemon.

"Let's start this off strong... Lucien use Flame Wheel!"

Lucien nodded and began his attack. As he was barrelling toward the Ribombee, it quickly ate a berry before Flame Wheel landed. Taking a closer look, it seemed that the Totem Pokemon had taken less damage than it should've.

'That berry must've helped it endure Lucien's Flame Wheel.' Elsie thought.

Ribombee retaliated with a Dazzling Gleam which Lucien had no choice but to endure. After, the Bee Fly Pokemon called for an ally. It wasn't long until a Pelipper appeared at Ribombee's side.

'If that Pelipper uses Rain Dance, then this could mean a lot of trouble. At least Ribombee used up its berry so now any other fire attacks are going to be more effective.'

"Lucien use Extreme Speed on both the Pelipper and Ribombee."

The Arcanine darted in between the two opposing pokemon, doing damage to both. In response, Ribombee and Pelipper used Bug Buzz and Scald. Lucien was barely able to dodge either of those attacks.

Elsie quickly studied the conditions of Pelipper and Ribombee. The Totem Pokemon seemed to be almost down for the count and while its ally seemed to be in slightly better condition, it was probably going to be more tired out a lot faster than Ribombee.

'We can probably finish off one of them with at least one big attack.' Elsie thought. 'I should focus on the Ribombee first that way another pokemon doesn't have a chance to be summoned. The Firium Z should do the trick. If Pelipper knew Rain Dance then it would've used it by now.'

Lucien looked back at her and nodded in understanding as if he knew the plan that his trainer was plotting in her head.

Elsie nodded back and smiled, then equipped the Z crystal on her ring. The Firium Z began to shine brightly.

"It's time to end this and continue on with our journey. We have many friends waiting for us and supporting us. We won't lose."

Elsie did the dance as Lucien was engulfed in Z Power.

"Use Inferno Overdrive on the Totem Ribombee!"

The Z move grew to its enormous size before hurdling towards the Totem Ribombee. When everything was said and done, the Bee Fly Pokemon was defeated. Elsie and Lucien then turned their attention to their last opponent.

"Use Crunch."

Gathering the remaining strength he had, Lucien ran towards the Pelipper, baring his fangs. Ducking away from a second Scald, the Arcanine clamped his teeth down on his opponent's wing. The Pelipper quickly defeated after that, fleeing the scene just like the Totem Pokemon had done.

Elsie let out a sigh of relief. "We did it." she then went over to her tired Arcanine, petting his face. "Thanks for your hard work during that battle. Dealing with that Pelipper must've been a little worrisome for you."

Lucien licked Elsie's hand. It was then that Mina approached them, carrying something in her hand.

"That was some battle." the trial captain praised. "Well, here you go. Farium Z."

She placed the pink crystal in Elsie's hand, who smiled and thanked her.

"Poni sure has gotten a bit more lively ever since Little Hapu became Kahuna," Mina commented. "She may not have been kahuna for too long but she's had plenty of challengers come her way."

"So the Kahuna of this island is named Hapu. Lillie seemed pretty excited to meet up with her when she went to do her grand trial. Maybe they're good friends." Elsie pondered aloud. "I guess I'll figure that out soon enough when I meet her."

Giving one final farewell to the fairy trial captain, Elsie went to the Pokemon Center to prepare for her final grand trial.