55

Elsie thanked the Nurse as she was handed back Lucien's pokeball.

"There you go. Your Arcanine is all ready to go."

Lucien then burst out of his pokeball, nuzzling his trainer's face. Elsie simply giggled and scratched him behind his ears.

"Yes, I know. You're ready to head to our last grand trial," she said. "We'll go find the Kahuna as soon as we're ready."

"Oh, you'll be looking for the Kahuna next? Then you'll need to take a boat to Exeggutor Island." Nurse Joy told her. "Just talk to the man who runs the boat shaped like a Magikarp."

"Look for a boat shaped like a Magikarp... got it. Thank you."

"Good luck on your grand trial."

Elsie then left the Pokemon Center as she returned Lucien to his pokeball. Immediately taking his place was Prism, who stretched her wings while yawning. From the looks of it, the Drakeon had just woken up from a nap.

"We're going to a place called Exeggutor Island," she informed her partner. "We should be able to find the Kahuna of Poni Island there."

Prism nodded, hopping onto Elsie's shoulder.  It was then that Elsie began walking again, looking for the boat she was told to look for. It wasn't long until they found it. Looking around curiously, Elsie and Prism stepped closer to the boat.

'It doesn't look like anyone is here...'

"Maybe we should come back a little later to see if anyone shows up." the trial-pondered aloud.

"Hey there."

The sudden greeting startled Elsie. She turned to see a man standing on top of the boat.

"O-Oh, hi there. Is this the boat that's supposed to take trainers to Exeggutor Island?" Elsie asked. "I'd like to meet the Kahuna."

"Ah so you're here to battle little Hapu." the man mused. "Then you've come to the right place. I'll get you to Exeggutor Island in no time."

Elsie nodded, thanking the stranger as she found a place to sit. Before she knew it, the boat was off, heading to where she would be doing her final grand trial.

"This is it Prism," she said to her partner as the two of them looked out the window. "After this, we'll be heading back home, and trying to make it so no one else has to go so far from home to have a pokemon journey."

"Drakeon." Prism nodded, smiling a little. It would be nice to visit home. At least for a little while.

"I wonder how everyone else did during their journies. Kalos had something called Mega Evolution. Do you think Alice has access to that? And everyone who stayed home. I wonder what they've been doing too."

Speaking of home, there was also her mom and brother. Were they okay back at home? Thinking of them suddenly made Elsie remember the incident regarding the Ultra Beast. 

'How am I going to tell mom everything that happened?' she thought. 'She'll probably have a heart attack when she finds out I was attacked by an Ultra Beast. Do I just not tell her and say I got colored contacts or something? No, that wouldn't work. She'd probably figure out I was hiding something right away. What if she asks about the other dangers that I've faced throughout my travels? How is she going to react to everything?'

"Eon."

Elsie was snapped out of her thoughts when Prism placed a paw over her hand. The Drakeon purred before rubbing her cheek against her trainer's arm. Elsie seemed caught off guard for a moment before smiling a little.

"Prism, I don't know what I'd do without you and Sapphire. I'd be lost in all my thoughts if I didn't have you two to bring me back to reality."

The little moment was cut short by a simple announcement.

"We're here. Welcome to Exeggutor Island."

Elsie and Prism stood up to see the boat stop at the side of a relatively small island. Walking around the small area was a group of Alolan Exeggutor.

"Whoa... I heard that Alolan Exeggutor were taller than the ones from Kanto but I never thought they would be that all." Elsie gasped. Prism simply nodded in agreement, staring at the pokemon with wide eyes. It was hard to see their faces from where they were standing.

After giving herself a few moments to look at the Exeggutor, Elsie refocused on the task at hand.

'We need to find the Kahuna. Who knows maybe we'll even find Lillie around here too. I wonder how her battle went.'

Elsie began venturing throughout Exeggutor Island. She soon came across a ledge that was too high for her to reach.

"Did... we reach a dead end?"

As if on cue, one of the wild Exeggutor walked towards the trial-goer and her partner pokemon. Leaving its head down to their level, the Coconut Pokemon gently grabbed Elsie by the hood of her jacket before lifting her up to the ledge. Prism flew up to join her trainer. Elsie looked back at the Alolan Exeggutor.

"You lifted me up here. Thank you."

"Tor." the Exeggutor waved its head around happily before walking off.  The moment Elsie turned to see what lay ahead of the newly accessed area, she saw the blinding light of a Z Move not too far away.

"Someone must be having a battle," Elsie noted. "I wonder if it's Lillie." 

Curiosity getting the best of her, she hurried to see what was happening. It wasn't long until she saw her friend. Snowy was standing on top of a large pillar made of ice, looking down at a Mudsdale.

"Use Subzero Slammer!" Lillie called out.

Elsie watched as a large beam of ice shot towards the Mudsdale, trapping it in large ice crystals. The icy prison lasted a moment before it shattered, making snow fall around the area. The opposing Pokemon soon fell in defeat.

'I guess Mudsdale is a ground type.' Elsie thought. 'That move seemed to have a huge effect on it. I kinda wish that I was here to see the entire battle. I wonder what other Z moves Lillie has with her.'

A small girl returned the Mudsdale to its pokeball, wishing it a good rest. She then looked at Lillie with a smile.

"Well, you've certainly come a long way from when we first met, Lillie. That was a fine battle."

Lillie nodded, smiling as well. "Yes, I loved battling with you Hapu. I'm glad to have made it this far."

'I guess she and Lillie must be really good friends.' Elsie thought. 'I wonder if it's hard going up against a friend in battle.'

It was then that Hapu, looked over, spotting Elsie. "Oh. Who might you be?"