63

Elsie couldn't believe what she had just seen on the tv. 'That's what she's been doing all this time!? That's why she never responded to me every time I tried to ask her about being a gym leader!? She just wants to freeze the entire region!? How is she even gonna do that!?'

Colton looked at the screen in confusion. "Isn't that one of your friends, Elsie?"

"At this point, I don't know who she is anymore. But I gotta make sure that everyone agreed to meet with me here are alright."

Before anyone could react, Elsie ran out of the house, Prism and Sapphire following right behind her. She assumed that they all had already heard what was happening as the moment she was outside, Alice's Gardevoir appeared with a letter in her hand. Elsie took the letter.

El,

I'm not sure if you know about this or not before you got this letter but Team Frost is on the move. Some of our classmates that stayed here told us a bit about them. Apparently, they're a group of people that weren't able to make a high enough score on the exam and do their own journey. I guess when we were away Demetria joined them and eventually took over as leader. No clue how but they managed to capture quite a few ice-type legendary pokemon and they're planning on using those to freeze all of Holon. We're already making our way to Volaris City so meet us there and help us out. With all of us having Mega Evolution and Z-Moves, I'm sure that we can find a way to put an end to all this chaos before something happens.

See you soon

Alice.

When she finished reading the letter, Gardevoir had disappeared, returning to her trainer as soon as she could. Elsie took a deep breath before turning to Sapphire.

"Let's hurry."

Sapphire nodded, eyes burning with determination. The moment Elsie hopped on her back, she took off, Prism flying beside them. During the flight, Elsie was trying to gather her thoughts on what was happening right now and what she had learned.

'I know people can get pretty upset about not having a high enough score for the trainer's exam but making the entire region unlivable!? That's insane! Even if there was a small chance of all the humans thinking they're not worth it, what about the pokemon that live here? They couldn't survive in a block of ice. What is Demetria thinking about joining a group like that, let alone becoming the leader?'

Elsie clenched her fist. All of this madness was going too far. Who had any right to make someone's home unsuitable for living in?

The Key Stone around her neck glowed faintly and in response, Sapphire's Altarianite also glowed. Glancing at her side, Elsie saw Prism looking straight ahead, focused on the new task at hand. There was determination burning in the Drakeon's eyes... but also anger.

'I guess we all feel the same about this...'

Elsie figured that they were getting close due to the drop in temperature. She held onto Sapphire a little tighter to make sure her Altaria stayed as warm as she could. 

"Drakeon!" Prism gestured to the ground below them where they saw battling going on, the most notable battle being between Alice's Mega Gardevoir and what Elsie could only guess was an Avalugg. At least based on what Alice told her about the pokemon in the Kalos region. They descended just enough for Alice to hear them. The fairy-type specialist must've seen them coming as she looked over her shoulder right when they lowered.

"We need to reach Demetria before she finishes preparing," she told them. "Go straight to that old tower. She'll be at the top."

Elsie nodded before heading there with her pokemon. But the flight only went smoothly for a few moments. Prism looked over her shoulder, flew behind Elsie and Sapphire, and fired a Dragon Pulse to counter an Ice Beam flying towards them. In response to that, Sapphire sped up, heading to an old ruined tower.

As they got closer to the tower, Elsie could see someone standing on the roof, along with three large pokemon. All of them had some kind of mechanic contraption strapped around them. Upon closer examination, Elsie could clearly tell that the person in front of them was Demetria. The three pokemon with her being Articuno, Regice, and Kyruem.

Elsie wasn't sure what the machines around the legendary pokemon were supposed to do exactly. All she knew was that they seemed to be powering up which caused the pokemon to power up attacks.

"Sapphire, use Draco Meteor."

It was then that the dragon-type move rained down on the roof, disrupting everything the charging. The three legendaries moved around in panic at the sudden attack which cause the Draco Meteor to graze against the machines they were wearing. Demetria turned around in shock to see what had just happened.

It was then that their eyes met.

Elsie landed on the other side of the roof. "Demetria, what the heck are you doing?"

"Never thought I'd see your face again." Demetria mused. "Surprised that you have the nerve to in the first place. After all, you did steal my chance at going to Kanto and just ran off without saying a word."

"Demi, there's gotta be some way to solve all this without extorting these pokemon and destroying the entire region." Elsie reasoned. "Can't we just talk this out?"

"Oh, it's far too late to just talk things out. This only happened because of you, you know. You could've just stayed here. You drove me to this path."

Elsie clenched her fists. "So you decide to take your anger out on people and pokemon who did absolutely nothing to you? Even if Holon never had much, that doesn't mean that you can just choose to make it unlivable for everyone."

"Well everyone in this region seems to choose who gets a good life and who doesn't so they're just as guilty as you! Face it, Elsie, you're an absolute nobody! An outcast to the entire world! Not even your own family cares about your feelings whatsoever! If someone like you is allowed to go on a journey then I should've too!" Demetria then pulled a Pokeball from her pocket. "I don't plan on letting some classmate who can't even get through a presentation without stuttering get in my way. It's about time that I changed your little happy ending and get what I deserve!"