33

Elsie couldn't really describe what she was seeing in front of her. Obviously, she knew that the creature in front of her was her partner Prism, and based on the bright light, she had just witnessed Prism evolve... but what exactly the Eevee evolved into was something she had never seen before.

Prism's eyes seemed to be exactly like an Espeon's, which might be expected due to pretty much all the eeveelutions having that similar eye shape. But everything else was completely different. The first thing was that Prism's brown fur was now replaced with silver scales. The next thing she noticed was a pair of wings tucked into Prism's sides. And to top it all off, a pair of small horns sprouted from Prism's forehead.

Prism tilted her head, wondering why Elsie and Lillie were giving her such weird expressions.

"Drak...?"

"That's... not a sound a normal eeveelution makes," Lillie noted.

"R-Rotom... do you know what Prism just evolved into?" Elsie asked with a stutter.

Rotom flew over to Prism but the only thing that appeared on its screen was a huge question mark.

"There's no data at all for Prism!" Rotom exclaimed. "This must be a never-before-seen pokemon!"

"N-Never before seen pokemon... does that mean..." Elsie's eyes widened as she turned to Prism. "Prism did you just evolve into a new evolution of Eevee!?"

This time Prism gave the two girls a confused look.

"O-Oh... I guess you have no idea what you look like now. Let's just uh... go to the Pokemon Center to see if we can get some information on what to do."

She quickly scooped up her partner in her arms and rushed to the nearest Pokemon Center, Lillie following close behind. Nurse Joy jumped slightly in surprise at the two rushing in.

"Is something wrong?"

"N-No... it's not really an emergency but uh... can you check my partner Prism?" Elsie fumbled with her words as she showed the nurse her pokemon. Seeing Prism, Nurse Joy studied the pokemon, her brows furrowed.

"I've never seen a pokemon like this," she replied. "What is it called?"

"I uh... don't know. My Eevee touched a Dragon Scale and turned into this." Elsie explained. "I just... want to make sure that she's okay and if we could find something to figure out what she turned into."

"Well... I'll see what I can do." Nurse Joy said as she took Prism into her arms. "But aside from evaluating your pokemon's health based on her originally being an Eevee, there might not be much to do."

Elsie nodded and thanked her as Prism was carried away.

'First the strange dreams, then the eye color change, and now this.' she thought. 'It's just one mystery after another at this point.'

It wasn't long after that Professor Kukui walked in, looking around the place for a few seconds before seeing Elsie and Lillie before walking over to them.

"Hey. Looks like you made it safely to the next island. Also looks like you have some interesting stories to share."

When he said that, Elsie figured that he was referring to her eye color. "Y-Yeah... I guess there's... quite a few things that you'd like to be caught up on but right now, maybe you could help us with something after we get whatever information we can from Nurse Joy."

"Miss Elsie?"

She turned to see that Nurse Joy had returned with Prism.

"From what we could determine, your pokemon is in perfect health," she informed the trainer. "But we can't figure out what exactly this evolution is. The only guess we can make is that your Eevee evolved into a new dragon type evolution when it touched the Dragon Scale."

"I guess that makes sense," Elsie said before taking Prism back into her arms. "Thank you for your help."

"Have a good day. We hope to see you again."

Elsie then turned to Kukui. "Well... as you can see, this is the most recent event that's happened. I guess Prism evolved into a brand new eeveelution."

"Well, the only way that we're going to find out what Prism is capable of is by having her show off some moves in battle," Kukui said with a grin. "How about it Elsie? You and I have a battle to find out what this new evolution is?"

"Do you really think it's safe for us to have a battle?" Elsie asked. "I mean... not that Prism is reckless or anything but if this is something that's never been discovered before then... the likelihood of something going wrong-"

"Drak, drakeon." Prism cut her off, pawing at her arm, but not too hard as to make sure her new claws didn't scratch her trainer. Elsie looked down at her.

"You... want to find out about battling the professor?" she asked.

Prism nodded. "Eon."

'I guess even though it's risky, it's the only way to at least start taking steps to figure out what Prism can do.' she thought. 'We have no other leads aside from the fact she's probably a dragon type now. Not to mention that from what I researched before I got her, Eevee usually learn a new move that matches their new type the moment they evolve.'

After considering it, Elsie nodded. "Alright. I'll battle you, professor. It's uh... probably the only way we can start figuring out some answers anyway right?"

"Great! I'll meet you in Malie Garden." Kukui said. "Take all the time you need to prepare."

Elsie nodded, watching Alola's pokemon professor exit the Pokemon Center.

"I've never had to go up against a professor who's also a battling celebrity... hope we can at least somewhat keep up."

"Since the battle is mainly to test out Prism's new abilities I doubt it'll be too intense," Lillie assured her, but then mumbled a little, speaking mostly to herself. "But then again this is Professor Kukui we're talking about. If the battle ends up being more exciting than intended then he may end up going all out..."

"What was that last bit?"

"O-Oh nothing. A-Anyway since this is a brand new evolution of Eevee, maybe you should figure out a good name for this new dragon-type evolution. Prism is the first of her kind to get one after all."

Elsie hummed in thought as she stared at her partner's new form. "Well... I guess since most pokemon species names are based on the sounds that they make then this new evolution should be called Drakeon."