60

"It's about time we end this."

Evan noticed what Elsie was doing. "That eager to end things already that you're already planning on using a Z-move?"

Elsie nodded. "There's no need to keep dragging this on. Besides, you wanted to see everything that I'm capable of in battle right? Isn't pulling off Z-moves part of it?"

Evan simply nodded, responding by taking out a Z-ring of his own. It didn't look like any that Elsie had seen up until this point.

'I heard that some Z-crystals are just for a specific pokemon rather than a specific type. Does that mean that he's about to use a Z-move that only an Incineroar can use? I guess I'll find out soon enough. Just like how I'm about to find out what this Dragonium Z can do.'

Elsie took a breath and activated the Z-crystal, Prism immediately being covered in its power. Incineroar was the same, preparing to use its Z-move.

"Incineroar, use Malicious Moonsault!" Evan called out.

"Prism use Devasting Drake!" Elsie called out.

On Prism's side, what looked like energy shaped like a large dragon appeared around her before flying towards Incineroar. The opposing pokemon reacted by jumping high in the air before coming and crashing down on the Devastating Drake. Elsie couldn't help but be reminded of wrestlers upon seeing the Malicious Moonsault.

A power struggle happened, with neither Z-move being able to push through the other.

'Wait, Incineroar has to use its body to deliver its move while Prism just fired a beam of energy. Maybe we can use that to tilt this stalemate in our favor.'

"Prism, fly in and use Iron Tail!"

The Drakeon grinned and took flight, going straight through the Devasting Drake. Her smile only got wider seeing the shocked expression on her opponent's face when she appeared.

The moment Iron Tail hit its target, an explosion erupted, covering the area with smoke. When it cleared, only one pokemon was left standing.

Prism.

Elsie had won the battle.

She let out a sigh of relief as Evan returned his exhausted partner. When she approached Prism, she noticed her Drakeon wobbling a little. Elsie rushed to Prism's side just in time to catch her before she fell.

"You did great Prism. Thank you for all your hard work."

"Eon." Prism purred, nuzzling into Elsie's hand.

They both looked up just in time to see Evan walking toward them. At first, neither trainer said anything. Only staring at each other.

Eventually, Evan sighed. "I still don't really understand how there's a gap between us. You're so timid and hesitant. Surely you would just be holding yourself back."

'Figured that his opinion wouldn't change even if we battled.' Elsie thought. 'Just one encounter isn't going to change his entire point of view.'

"But your pokemon are strong. I'll admit that. Not I just need to figure out how you're able to keep up with them."

"And how do you hope to do that?" Elsie asked.

"The only way trainers know how. By having another battle someday."

'He's already challenging me to another one?'

"Looks like you got a rival now, Elsie," Hau noted with a laugh.

"You think so?" she asked. "It just kinda seems like he's just gonna keep challenging me to battles until he wins."

"That's pretty much a good chunk of what it means to have a rival."

Elsie scratched the back of her head, not really sure how to react to what was happening. She just went on a journey since she had the chance to. Throughout all of the research she did, nothing seem to state that you had to have a rival.

"Your plans are to go back to your home region and create a league there from what I heard," Evan said. "I'll just have to battle you there one day."

Before she could react, Evan left. Elsie simply blinked in confusion as the boy walked away.

'I'm not sure how to feel about all of this...'

"Drakeon." 

Elsie was snapped out of her thought when Prism nudged her. Her partner, simply gestured back to the audience who she just now noticed were giving her applause. It didn't take long for her to understand what Prism was trying to tell her.

"You're right, Prism. We still got the rest of the party to enjoy. We're leaving as soon as we can after all. Let's make the best of what we have left of our time in Alola."

They quickly rejoined the festivities.

........

Elsie stood at the dock with Hau, Lillie, and Professor Kukui. It was going to be a bit of a long way back to the Holon Region. One boat ride followed by a plane ride. Elsie took a deep breath, once again making sure she had everything in her bag. Prism stood beside her, gazing up at Lillie's Ninetales and Hau's Raichu.

"Well... I think I'm all ready to go," she said, looking back at all the friends she made on her journey. "I'll be sure to share the extra Z-Rings with all my friends back home when I see them."

"Be careful on your way back okay," Lillie told her. "Let us know when you make it home."

Elsie nodded. The horn on the boat sounded, signaling that it was going to depart soon. She looked at the boat and then back at the three people that helped her throughout her journey. Elsie squeezed her eyes shut to prevent tears from falling before rushing in to hug them.

"Thank you all," she said, trying to keep her voice as even as possible. "For bringing me here, helping throughout my journey, for... pretty much everything you've done for me really. I'll never forget it."

"And thank you for choosing Alola for your first journey," Kukui said.

"Yeah. We're glad that you wanted to come here." Hau added. "And we'll see each other again. When you're done making a league for your region."

"Y-Yeah. We'll definitely see each other again someday."

Finally letting go of them, Elsie boarded the boat along with Prism. The moment she was safely on, the boat began to move, getting ready to set sail. Elsie and Prism stayed at the very edge, waving to their friends as the boat departed, not daring to move until they were out of sight. Once that happened, Elsie let out a sigh.

"I guess... we're heading back home now."