65

Elsie didn't know what was going on. Everything was dark and she felt like she couldn't move. The only thing that was able to get her to open her eyes was something nuzzling her cheek. Along with a familiar cry.

"Drakeon!"

When Elsie opened her eyes, she saw Prism and Lucien looking down at her with worry. Somehow she managed to sit up, realizing that she was lying down. The first thing that she noticed was their surroundings. They looked exactly like what she sees in her dreams. But she had a feeling that it wasn't a dream. All the previous times, she was all alone. This time it seemed that she had her pokemon with her.

"What happened? One minute we were battling Demetria and then... oh. She commanded all those legendary pokemon to attack. Are... we dead then? Is this the afterlife?"

She couldn't really tell. But based on the soreness covering her body, she was optimistic enough to believe that they were still alive. With a grunt, Elsie got to her feet.

"Okay... let's just try to find a way back and..." she trailed off, all the words that Demetria shot at her echoing in her mind, falling on her knees. "Who am I kidding? I'm not some big hero... she's got three legendaries in her control. I don't even know where we are let alone how to get back."

Tears welled up in her eyes. 'Was she right then? Would none of this have happened if I just stayed in Holon? Does... doing what I want really make things worse for everyone else?'

Despite trying to wipe away the tears, they kept falling. Repeating a single phrase to her team. "I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry. I'm-"

Her rambling stopped when she felt something nuzzle underneath her chin, forcing her to look up. It was Prism. Lucien stepped closer to lick away his trainer's tears. One by one, all of Elsie's pokemon emerged from their balls, going to embrace her in some way. Elsie looked at all of them confused.

"W-What are you all-"

Soon her Rotom Dex came out as well. "They don't want you to give up! And neither do I! I've seen all of you grow stronger together!"

Elsie looked at each member of her team.

Ico, the first pokemon in Alola that she ever met. Slowly but surely he grew from the little Rowlet to the quiet and strong Decidueye that had his wings draped over her shoulders.

Then there was Skye, the abandoned little Rockruff that she found in a cave. Also, the pokemon that came back after leaving for his own evolution journey. The now strong but tired Lycanroc sat beside Elsie, careful not to scratch her with the rocks embedded in his fur.

Aquaria wrapped herself around everyone, similar to how a mother would. Perhaps she had taken on the role of the caretaker of the team when she decided to join. She did watch over Elsie right after a Nihilego attacked her after all.

Lucien, the Growlithe that she saved from Evan and his teammate. The now Arcanine sat patiently in front of Elsie, only leaning down to lick away any stray tears.

Then Prism, the little Eevee that she had hatched from an egg her aunt had given to her. Now it was a new evolution of Eevee that no one else has seen before. The first eeveelution to ever had flying abilities. There was still much to learn but Prism was very much reaching new heights as a Drakeon.

Finally, there was Sapphire, Elsie's very first pokemon. The little lost Swablu that she and her grandpa found in the backyard. Even after she recovered, she decided to stay, eventually growing into the Altaria that was holding Elsie's phone.

It wasn't long until a chorus of a song could be heard.

But I see your flaws I see your pain and I see past all of it. I see your strength hidden within you can rise out of this. You can do everything they said you couldn't do. Don't give up on yourself. I believe in you.

Elsie couldn't help but smile a little. "I'm surprised that you remember that Sapphire. I think I've only shown it to you a few times."

"Taria."

Elsie somehow found herself back on her feet due to her team nudging her forward. Ahead she noticed a very familiar path. Seeing it, she began to realize something.

"Wait a minute... if this is just like what I've seen in dreams I've had then maybe... I know where we can get some help... maybe we're not just stuck here!"

"That's the spirit!" Rotom cheered. "Keep going until you find a way out."

With her pokemon, Elsie began walking through the path.

'If this is just like my dream, then that means there's a chance that I'll meet those voices in that pond area.' she thought, picking up her pace. 'Hopefully, they know a way to get back to Holon and finally end this madness.'

It wasn't long until they reached an all too familiar scene to Elsie. The same pool of water that she would end up in her dreams.

"H-Hello?" Elsie called out. "Is anyone there? We need help."

"So you finally arrived young one. Welcome to Dragonvein Forest."

It wasn't long until two dragons appeared, emerging from the water. Elsie took a deep breath, trying to calm her nerves.

"I... recognize your voices. Were those dreams your way of trying to warn me of what's going on right now?" she asked.

"As we mentioned before, you remind us of someone that we used to know. Even Terrafae was moved to bring you here instead of leaving you to take those blasts."

When the blue dragon said that, a small golden pokemon appeared on Elsie's shoulder with a happy squeak, surprising the girl.

"S-So you were the one that saved us? Thank you."

Terrafae nuzzled Elsie's cheek before flying over to the two dragons.

"May I ask what your names are?"

"You already know about our origins but I suppose the legends left behind haven't mentioned names. We are Sagent and Resilvern, the former guardians of Holon."

At that, Elsie's eyes widened in shock. "This whole time... the former guardians of Holon were reaching out to me? I uh... I-I'm not sure what to say. I-I guess... thank you for watching over me and my team during our journey."

"Anything for an old friend," Sagent responded.

"At first we were at a loss for words on your decision to come back to Holon with those goals in mind. You even got others to fight for that cause."

In the reflection of the water, Elsie saw all her friends fighting against Team Frost.

"I need to go back. Do you think you can help?"

Resilvern nodded. "Yes, if you wish then we can send you back to your region. Just know that you'll appear in the same place before Terrafae brought you here. Meaning you'll likely face Team Frost's leader again."

"You and some of your team members are exhausted. Do you think you'll be able to handle another battle?" Sagent asked.

"I... if I appear in front of her again then I'll have no choice but to find a way," Elsie replied. "I mean... just a moment ago I felt completely helpless... useless even. I don't want anyone else to feel what I felt. Not if I can help it."

"I see. Your mind is made up. Then allow us to assist you one last time."

Just like when she was transported here, Elsie's vision was filled with white light. But instead of exhaustion, she felt energized, ready for another battle.