53

Elsie looked over all the notes that she had taken during her little meeting with her friends. By now, she was taking a boat to Ula'Ula Island along with Lillie, Lana, and Mallow. Just two more captains to battle and then she could report back to Mina.

Staring at all the notes for the Holon League, she quickly realized that the majority of it was nothing but scribbles written all over the place. Mainly due to the fact she was trying to write down everything her friends were sharing.

'I guess I should organize these a little more.' she thought.

"You've been studying that journal of yours for a while now," Mallow noted, getting Elsie out of her thoughts.

"O-Oh. I guess I have. Sorry about that. I and some of my friends from my home region are trying to put together a league of our own for Holon." Elsie quickly explained. "I'll be going back home after I finish all my trials here in Alola."

"She was inspired by Professor Kukui after she found out that he created Alola's League," Lillie added with a smile. "Elsie wants to give others back in Holon the chance to become pokemon trainers and go on their own journies."

Elsie nodded, confirming everything that her friend had explained.

"Well good luck with that," Lana replied. "I'm sure that you'll be able to pull it off."

'I sure hope so.'

Before they knew it, they had arrived at Ula'Ula. The two trial captains gave Elsie and Lillie one final farewell as they hopped off. Elsie waved as the boat began its departure back to Akala Island.

'I wonder if I'll see any of the trial captains after everything is completed.' Elsie pondered before turning in the direction of their next destination.

"All we have to do now is to take the bus to the Observatory so I can get a petal from Sophocles," she said, mostly to herself.

Without a second thought, they headed to the Observatory.

........

As they arrived at the top of the mountain, the memory of Sapphire evolving shortly after Sophocle's trial came to mind. As well as the shock of Prism evolving into an entirely new evolution of Eevee when they first arrived on this island for the first time.

'A lot of crazy things happened on this island.'

Another, yet smaller memory that came to mind was the small encounter with Evan right before Elsie had completed her Grand Trial here.

'I wonder if he ever managed to beat Kahuna Nanu?'

Elsie and Lillie stepped into the Hakulani Observatory, looking for Sophocles. They were soon greeted by a Togedemaru, carrying two things in its little hands. One was a letter while the other was a yellow flower petal. Lillie knelt to one knee, taking the letter from the Roly-Poly Pokemon. She studied the note for a moment before handing it to Elsie.

"It's for you."

Confused and curious, Elsie took the letter and read it.

Elsie,

I'm not sure when you'll be around to gather flower petals for Mina's trial so I gave the flower petal to Togemaru here. After you went through my trial, I've been working on improvements to make sure that what happened before doesn't happen again. Since you technically helped improve my new invention the only thing I can think of to properly thank you is by giving you the petal that you need. Good luck with the rest of your trials.

Sophocles.

"Huh... I guess I didn't need to battle to get the flower petal from here." she mused before taking the flower petal that Togemaru was holding out to her. She thanked the small pokemon as she put the petal with the rest.

"Well... at least we'll be able to see Acerola a little sooner than we expected," Elsie said.

Lillie smiled and nodded. "I bet that she'll be more than happy to see us before we return to Poni."

Bidding the Togedemaru farewell, Elsie and Lillie went back down Mount Hakulani, heading to the Aether House. If there was any chance to find the ghost-type trial captain, then that was their best bet.

"Now that I think about it... I wonder if we'll even see Acerola." Lillie said. "She is an Elite Four Member. Hopefully, she's not too busy."

Elsie's eyes widened at that. "She's part of the Elite Four, a trial captain, and takes care of children at the Aether House?"

"Yep. Pretty much."

"Huh... guess she never runs out of things to do. Maybe even a little too much to do. I hope she finds the time to not really have to worry about anything every once in a while."

"I'm sure she does. She pretty happy about everything she does around Alola."

They soon made their way to the Aether House. The moment they walked in, they were greeted with the sight of Nanu's Persian getting groomed by two kids. Eventually, the kahuna appeared, noticing the sudden guests.

"Figured you two would show up eventually."

'He still looks like he needs a lot more sleep than what he's probably getting.' Elsie thought. 'I guess that kind of facial expression is just his personality.'

"Hi Kahuna Nanu." she greeted. "I'm guessing Acerola isn't here."

Nanu shrugged. "She got called to the league so I'm just looking after those two until she gets back. You're here for the flower petal, right? I know you're technically supposed to battle for it but I already know that you're strong so there's no need for us to battle again. So here, just take it."

Without a second thought, Nanu placed a purple flower petal in Elsie's hand.

"O-Oh thank you."

'This went a lot faster than I expected.' Elsie thought. 'But maybe that's a good thing in a way. Some of my friends are already on their way back to Holon and I don't wanna keep them waiting for too long.'

"Looks like you have all the petals that you need, Elsie," Lillie said. "All you have to do now is return to Mina and help her summon the Totem Pokemon."

Elsie nodded. "Yeah. We better get going. Who knows how long Mina has been waiting for us to come back. Thanks again, Kahuna Nanu."

The two left Aether House and headed back to Poni Island.