62

It wasn't long until all the extra Z-Rings and Key Stones were gifted to everyone else that had agreed to be a part of Holon's league. Well, all the Key Stones were given away. Elsie had one extra Z-Ring left to give away. It was then that she noticed something.

Scanning the crowd of people that agreed to meet her, something seemed off. But to make sure, Elsie counted them all.

First, there were Alice, Hale, Hera, and Lyn. The ones who agreed to be the Elite Four for the league.

Then there was Katherine, who already had a few normal type pokemon to call her own. She was perfectly willing to specialize in normal types. 

Next was Oliver who was always making contraptions to help out any bug-type pokemon that he came across. 

Then Noah, one of the smartest students, was there as well. The only student to turn down the opportunity to journey to another region since he didn't want to leave behind his family and the psychic-type pokemon that they have.

Elsie then saw Lucas, who was going to use this chance to show people that ghost-type pokemon aren't all sinister.

Jazmine was an older student that graduated but never got the chance to go on a journey. She had plenty of grass-type pokemon as they helped surround her with clean air due to her health conditions.

Micheal, a retired teacher easily agreed once the word spread out. He had befriended a full team of flying-type pokemon already.

Finally, there was Kayla, with her two dark-type pokemon. Thanks to her dad's side of the family being trainers from Johto.

That left only seven people to be the gym leaders of this region.

'We're missing one more to have a total of eight gym leaders.' Elsie thought. 'But who else would want to do this.'

One person came to mind, but she was hesitant on going where that person was. Elsie sighed, knowing what she was about to do.

'If Demetria hasn't reached out to all the messages that I've sent, then the only other person I can think of that could be a good fit for this is Colton. I guess... I can't really prolong visiting home forever. I'm gonna have to do it sooner or later. I'm sure at least mom will be curious about what's been going on in my new life as a trainer.'

Taking a breath to calm her nerves, Elsie stood up. Alice was the first one to notice.

"Going somewhere El?"

"We're missing one more person to have eight gym leaders. I'm gonna see if my brother wants to join in."

"You going to be alright visiting home?"

Elsie forced herself to smile as she nodded. "Yeah. I have a full team of strong pokemon with me after all. But I'm sure I'd only need one of them if things did go south for some reason."

Alice nodded. "Alright then. We'll see you in a bit."

Allowing Prism and Sapphire to walk beside her, Elsie began heading to the all too familiar path that led to the house that she had left behind when she had decided to become a pokemon trainer. And if she was being honest with herself... one that she would permanently leave behind once she finds somewhere else to live.

Despite all that, she found herself standing at the front door with the two pokemon that left the region with her. Elsie hesitated a little before knocking on the door. She and her partners waited a few moments but at first, there was no answer.

'I guess they're either gone or... it's one of those fights that just happened and no one wants company and are just not wanting people around right now.' Elsie thought. 'That's gotta be it. It's the latter option. I guess I'll just come back-'

Before she could finish her thoughts, her mom opened the door. Immediately she was greeted with a tight hug. One that almost took the breath out of her.

"Elsie! You're finally back home! How was your journey?"

"It was fun. It actually isn't completely over yet." Elsie replied. "I'm working together with some of my classmates to try to make a pokemon league in Holon. We're looking for one more gym leader and... I thought Colton might wanna fill that role."

"What about me filling a role?"

Elsie looked over her mom's shoulder to see her brother standing there, not too far away from the door.

"We're in need of one extra gym leader. Since Prism learned Dragon Rage from your pokemon, I thought you might wanna be a gym leader for Holon."

"Really? There was no one else that you could think of to fill the role?" Colton asked.

"Not anyone that replied to any of us reaching out no."

There was a moment of silence. Then Colton smiled a little.

"Well, if you think I'd make a good gym leader then sure. I'll help out with this goal that you and your friends have."

Elsie couldn't help but smile as well. "Great. We're all meeting at the school if you wanna come with me now."

"Okay. I'll go get ready now."

Colton disappeared into his room. Right when that happened, the tv in the living room was turned on. There they saw a city completely covered in ice. On the bottom of the screen, there was a heading.

Team Frost Strikes.

"Team Frost? Who's Team Frost?"

"No clue." her mom replied. "But they sure made a mess out of Volaris City."

It was then that a voice came to mind. One that she had heard in her dreams.

"It's nearing the time that you have to rely on your hidden strength. Face this challenge fearlessly. You are not alone in this."

As if on cue, someone began speaking on the tv. Elsie paled when she recognized the voice. Prism and Sapphire were both equally shocked when they saw Demetria appear on the screen.

"We of Team Frost will no longer tolerate the unfairness that our lifestyle has forced us to live in. We will no longer tolerate them picking and choosing their favorite chosen ones to go on life-changing experiences that everyone deserves. There's only one way for everyone else to get the same treatment as Holon's chosen ones... and that is to make Holon unlivable."