51

Elsie looked around as she arrived at Akala Island.

'I'm pretty sure this is the island that I spent most of my time on.' she thought. 'A lot happened here.'

"During this time of day, you'll most likely be able to find Kiawe for his flower petal," Ilima informed the trial goer. "If you're ready then I suggest going to him first."

Elsie nodded, thanking the trial captain before heading to Wela Volcano with Lillie.

"Weird that it didn't seem that too long ago when I was here but it seems like forever since I was in Melemele," she noted. "But I guess that's because there's a lot more to do on this island huh?"

"That could be true. Akala does have the most trials to complete out of all the islands." Lillie said. "But I think sometimes during a journey, some parts are gonna seem to go slow while other parts seem to go a lot faster."

Elsie nodded. 'Skye evolved on this island. And I met Aquaria here too. Pretty much after a little after this island, I had a full pokemon team.'

.........

It wasn't long until Elsie and Lillie made it to Wela Volcano. As they climbed to the top, they saw Kiawe and his Marowak. Practicing their dances as usual.

One of the Marowak noticed the two girls standing there and paused, which caused the others to turn to see what their comrade was looking at. Elsie waved at the trial captain as he and the Marowak looked at them.

"Elsie, it's been a while." Kiawe greeted. "Since you're here, I'm assuming that means you're in the middle of Mina's trial correct?"

"Yes I am," she replied.

It was then that Skye broke out of his pokeball, standing next to Elsie. He looked up at Kiawe with determined eyes.

"I recognize that one. It was the Rockruff you used to defeat my Totem Pokemon."

Elsie nodded. "Yeah. He's grown a lot. And so have I."

"Then show me everything you've learned up until this point."

With that, Kiawe sent out a pokemon that Elsie hadn't seen before. It was large and red, wearing a spiky shell on its back. Rotom soon appeared, pokedex entry ready.

"Turtonator, the Blast Turtle Pokemon. A Dragon and Fire type. Because Turtonator lives on volcanoes, feeding on sulfur and other materials found near volcanic craters, its shell has a layer of explosive material- mostly sulfur. When something strikes this pokemon, sparks fly on the horns on its shell, igniting an explosion. In areas around volcanic craters, this pokemon camouflages itself as a rock and waits for prey. At the moment when its prey steps onto the back of its shell, Turtonator strikes its shell with its own tail, triggering an explosion."

'So it seems to be in our best interest to not make direct contact with that shell.' Elsie thought. 'Otherwise, Skye is gonna take a lot of damage from the explosions it'll cause.'

She quickly began the battle. "Skye, let's start this off with Stone Edge!"

"Counter it with Iron Tail."

As the pillars of rocks began making their way towards Turtonator, the Blast Turtle Pokemon turned around and broke all the stones coming its way with its tail. As it was busy breaking the Stone Edge, Skye dashed forward using a stone to jump off of right before it was shattered.

"Now use Rock Slide!"

As Skye was above the Turtonator, he howled and used Rock Slide, landing a direct hit. The Lycanroc was able to safely land away from the explosive shell.

"Turtonator, use Dragon Pulse!" Kiawe called out.

It was then that Skye was hit with a sudden and powerful dragon-type attack. The force caused Skye to skid back as he endured the Dragon Pulse. Skye seemed to have wobbled a bit before regaining his balance.

"Are you alright Skye?" Elsie asked.

The Lycanroc turned back to his trainer and nodded before refocusing his attention back to the opposing Turtonator.

'I think one way to get a good opening is to try and trick Turtonator into making its shell explode.' she thought. 'Maybe this will work.'

"Skye use Accelerock."

The Lycanroc nodded before dashing forward.

"Turtonator use Shell Trap."

The Blast Turtle Pokemon waited as Skye ran toward it. At the last possible second, Elsie called out another command.

"Now jump in the air and use Rock Slide."

Right before Skye was close to touching Turtonator's shell, he jumped up and used Rock Slide. As Elsie had hoped, some of the rocks landed on the shell, causing it to explode. When the smoke cleared, the Blast Shell Pokemon struggled to stand on its feet for a few moments before falling to the ground, unable to battle.

Elsie let out a sigh of relief as she walked towards Skye. "Glad that worked. Great job out there Skye."

Skye wagged his tail as Elsie patted his head, being careful not to scratch her with the rocks on his fur.

Kiawe returned his Turtonator to its pokeball. "That was a fine battle." he praised. "You've certainly gotten stronger since our last encounter. You're more sure of yourself as well. This belongs to you now."

The trial captain handed Elsie a red flower petal. She thanked him before placing the petal in the small case with all the others that she had collected so far.

"Lana and Mallow are usually together in Lush Jungle around this time," Kiawe informed her. "If you're ready, you should start heading over there to battle for their petals."

"I'll do that once I get Skye to a Pokemon Center," she said. "He and everyone probably want some rest before continuing and to be honest... so do I."

With a final farewell, Elsie and Lillie descended from Wela Volcano, heading to the nearest Pokemon Center. As they walked, Elsie got a message on her phone. It was a text from Alice.

Hey, just so you know, a lot of us are starting to prepare to head back to Holon. Let's try and agree on a place to meet when we're all here.

'They're done with their journies already and are getting ready to head back? I know I'm almost done with the trials but still. Hopefully, they didn't cut their journies short for this.'

She replied back. 'Okay. My first thought was back at the school but we can talk about it later tonight.'

Elsie then put the phone away, trying to focus on relaxing a little before continuing on with her trials.

Pokemon Ascendance: Origins of HolonOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara