5

Elsie found herself in a mystical forest of some sort. She looked around, only to find out that she was on her own. Neither Prism nor Sapphire were with her.

"H-Hello?" she called out. "Is anyone there?"

Not knowing what else to do, Elsie walked forward, following the path that was in front of her. Eventually it led her to a clearing of sorts. There was a pond before her and in the middle of that pond, small island with a tree in the middle of it.

'This place looks like it came right out of a storybook...' Elsie thought. Slowly she went over to the pond.

"Prism? Sapphire? Anyone here?"

"So you are about to start your journey from afar." a voice said, causing Elsie to back away in surprise.

"W-Who said that!?"

"No need to fear. We are not going to harm you."

'We? So there's more than one?'

"You...you remind us of someone that we once knew." a second voice said. "There's strength in your heart but it lies dormant. Perhaps this journey is what you need to awaken that strength."

Elsie was about to ask the two voices what they meant by that but soon she heard Prism and Sapphire calling out to her. Their voices were a faint echo as if they were far away.

"Prism? Sapphire? D-Don't worry, I'm coming!"

"I see that your partners are already drawing out that strength of yours slowly...we shall see how far you're able to go on this journey."

Before she could react, all of Elsie's surroundings became nothing but blinding white light.

.........

"Vee! Eevee!"

"Blu!"

Elsie's suddenly woke up with a gasp. Looking around, she realized that she was in her bedroom.

'So...it was all just a dream...I wonder what those voices were.'

She then looked down at Prism and Sapphire who had worried looks on their faces. Elsie gave them a reassuring smile and patted their heads.

"Don't worry, I'm fine. I just had a really weird dream. But that place I was in...why did it look so familiar? And what did those voices mean when they were talking about the strength that's lying dormant? I guess I'll just have to figure that out when we get to Alola."

The moment she mentioned the region, Elsie's eyes widened in realization. Today was the day she heads for Alola, meaning that Hau was probably going to be here any minute. Once she remembered, Elsie jumped out of bed and quickly began getting dressed. After she was ready, Elsie grabbed Prism and Sapphire's pokeball.

"Alright, I'm not sure if I'm allowed to have you guys out while we're on the plane so return for now."

Sapphire went into her pokeball with no problem but Prism jumped out of the way of the red beam, which confused Elsie. The two of them may be more used to being outside their pokeballs since Elsie hardly used them but when they were told to return they never complained.

"Prism? What's wrong?"

"Ee, vee. Eevee." Prism gestured over to an old photo with both Elsie and Demetria when they were younger, glaring at it.

"Oh, you think that she's going to try and stop us don't you?"

Prism nodded.

"Well, it's a little too late for us to back down now so no matter what we're going to Alola." Elsie said, trying to reassure her partner. "And Hau will be with us so we'll have some extra protection if things start going south."

Prism shook her head, not happy with her trainer's response. Ever since Elsie got her test results back, Prism had witnessed Demetria did nothing but try to bring her down and even had the nerve to raise her voice at her. She needed to be out of her pokeball to make sure that she could protect Elsie.

"Okay...how about a deal then. You can stay out until we're at the airport. Once we get there, you have to go into your ball okay?" Elsie suggested.

Prism considered the offer before nodding and hopping onto Elsie's shoulder. It was then that the doorbell rang.

'That must be Hau.'

Elsie quickly gathered her things. Once she walked out of her room, she noticed that her mom had answered the door. Like she had expected, it was Hau at the door. They talked for a few moments before Elsie's mom turned to see her already standing there.

"Hey Elsie!" Hau called out, waving to the girl. "Ready to go? Everyone is excited to meet you."

"Yeah. Ready as I'll ever be." Elsie said before walking over and hugging her mom. "I'll text you as soon as we make it."

Her mom hugged her back tightly. "Have fun on your journey. And be safe."

Elsie noticed that her mom's voice was hoarse, almost as if she was on the verge of losing it or if it was just coming back. Elsie tried to make it appear as if she didn't notice and hugged her mom a little tighter before letting go.

"Well, I better get going. Lead the way Hau."

....................

"Land ahoy!" Hau shouted as he hopped off the plane. Elsie trailing behind, trying to keep up.

"I thought you say land ahoy when you get off a boat."

"We're back on land aren't we?"

Elsie thought about it for a moment before shrugging. In a region composed of nothing but islands, she supposed he was just used to using that phrase since their main source of travel is probably by boat. "Fair enough."

Once she stepped off, Elsie looked at her new surroundings. 'So this is Alola. Well...at least one of the islands of Alola. I can't believe I'm actually here...'

Elsie quickly snapped out of her daydreaming and continued her run, trying to catch up to the energetic boy, who was already far ahead of her. 'Sheesh do all those malasadas that he eats give him infinite energy or something? The only way he stopped running was when we were on the plane.'

Elsie soon noticed that they were heading to the outskirts of the island, where a small house was.

"Professor Kukui lives over here." Hau explains "Once you meet him, you'll get your first alolan pokemon."

'The professor lives in that small house?' Elsie thought. 'Maybe he isn't much for big fancy labs.'

The moment that they were close, Elsie heard a battle going on from inside the house.

"Let's go Rockruff! Give it all you got! Woo!"

Elsie jumped back as she noticed a large rock crash through the roof. 'Or...maybe he knows that he would destroy everything and just settled for something cheaper compared to other labs.'

"Hey Elsie, why are you standing there? Come on in." Hau called out, holding the door open.

'I...guess the professor destroying his own house is a normal thing if he isn't affected by that.'

Elsie quickly apologized and rushed in. As she entered, she saw a man wearing a lab coat, but no shirt underneath it and a girl with a white Ninetales. Elsie stared at the Ninetales in awe. But she soon snapped out of her little daze when an owl-like pokemon flew over to her, tilted his head curiously.

"Oh...hello there."

The pokemon cooed and jumped into her arms.

"It seems that Rowlet there has taken a liking to you."

Elsie looked up to see the somewhat half-naked man walking towards her, a small puppy-like pokemon with rocks in his scruff following him. Elsie assumed that it was the Rockruff he was cheering on.

"You're the student from the Holon Region right? Hau told us about you the moment he found out about your decision. I'm Professor Kukui, welcome to Alola!"