8

"Is it really alright for me to sleep up here?" Elsie asked.

"Of course it is." Lillie assured her. "I mean I'm not using this loft anymore and Professor Kukui was already okay with it since he figured you would need a place to sleep at least for the first night that you're here. It may not be much but I found it pretty comfortable."

"Yeah...and I guess Prism agrees with that too." Elsie laughed, seeing her partner already curled up, fast asleep. Ico and Sapphire were looking around curiously before finding a spot to settle down in as well.

"How about tomorrow, Hau and I show you around Hau'oli City? It'll be on the way to the first trial site anyway."

"Sure. And I don't think I've said this yet but thanks for all your help so far. Tell Hau that too."

Lillie smiled and nodded. "Got it. See you in the morning."

Elsie watched as Lillie climbed down the ladder, leaving her alone in the loft. Elsie sighed and laid down the moment she heard the door open and shut.

'I feel like so much has happened in just the first day that I've been here.' she thought. 'Ico joined the team, I met and battled a trial captain, met Lillie and her Ninetales...overall this has been a really good day. And tomorrow I'll be on my way to my very first trial. I wonder how we'll do...'

Elsie looked over to her pokemon who were all sound asleep by this point and smiled. 'Yeah...I think that we'll be able to make it through whatever comes our way.'

She closed her eyes, easily falling asleep for the first time in a while.

...........

"Rise and shine newbie!"

Elsie jolted awake, sitting up to see Hau. "O-Oh...it's just you. Good morning."

"You got Hau'oli City to explore, malasadas to eat, and your first trial to beat today. Let's get this show on the road!" Hau jumped down.

Prism yawned and rubbed her eyes before standing up, wondering what all the commotion was about. Ico and Sapphire were already awake, having woken up right when Hau came running in. Elsie sat up and stretched.

'I already have to get ready to travel around Melemele Island? I guess it's now or never at this point.'

Slowly she stood up. 'My feet are a little sore but that just be because this is my first time traveling. I guess I'll just have to bear with it until my body is used to moving around a lot more.'

She and her pokemon climbed down. There she found a large group of pokemon eating breakfast, the only one that she recognized was Snowy.

"Morning, Elsie." Lillie walked up to her, carrying three small bowls of pokemon food. It must've been really good since Ico immediately got excited and flew towards one of the bowls she was carrying and one sniff caused Prism and Sapphire to take a few steps forward in curiosity. Their reaction caused Hau to laugh.

"Pokemon can't resist the food here in Alola."

Elsie thanked Lillie for feeding her team before she got dressed. Once she was ready, she came back to where everyone was. "So we're going to Hau'oli City right? I remember you saying that it was on the way to the first trial site."

"Yeah but first we're gonna take you to a malasada shop before moving onto the trial." Hau said. "You can't say you've gotten the full Alola experience without visiting at least one."

"They must be really good then if that's the case."

"Heck yeah they are!"

Lillie seemed to be holding in laughter as she sighed and shook her head.

............

Elsie looked around wide-eyed as she followed Lillie and Hau into Hau'oli City.

'They said that this was the biggest city in all of Alola...I definitely can't argue with that.'

The first thing that caught her eye was an apparel shop. 'I guess I could use some new clothes...I am still wearing my school uniform.'

"Hey, can we stop here for a little bit?" she asked her new friends, pointing to the shop.

"Want a new look before you officially start your journey?" Hau asked.

"Something like that I guess. I just don't wanna walk around in my school uniform." she walks into the apparel shop, looking around at the clothes on display.

'I wonder what I should get?' she thought. Soon her eyes landed on a simple gray jacket and a pink shirt. 'I guess that's simple enough...nothing too complicated and I won't have to worry about being too cold or hot with the jacket.'

She grabbed the shirt and jacket and then grabbed a pair of blue jeans, buying them with the bit of money that she had saved up after changing. She kept the jacket unzipped when she put it on.

Elsie walked out where Hau and Lillie were waiting for her. "Okay, I'm ready now. Where's this malasada shop that Hau keeps-" she wasn't able to finish her question before Hau grabbed her hand and running off.

"Hau! Don't just drag her around the entire city!" Lillie called out, trying to catch up. Snowy sighed and ran as well.

Before Elsie knew it, she was standing at the entrance of what looked like a bakery of sorts. Though she only got to glance at the exterior before being pulled in.

"Ah there you are Hau." the worker at the entrance said. "I was wondering when you would come around."

'Guess he must be a regular customer.' Elsie thought. 'Though from what I know about Hau so far... I should've seen that coming.'

"Three big malasadas please." Hau requested as he jumped around excitedly. "The others are for Lillie and my friend, Elsie here. She's new to Alola."

The worker nodded, placing the order in. It was then that Lillie came in, trying to catch her breath.

Moments later, the order came out and Hau wasted no time stuffing his face with the dessert.

'He already finished it!?' Elsie thought. 'Did he swallow it whole or something? If so...how did he not choke?'

Slowly she picked one of the remaining two and took a bite. She couldn't help but smile as she ate it.

"You were right Hau. These are really good."

"Told ya. Now you gotta make it your mission to visit all the different malasada shops in Alola during your Island Challenge." he said. "Different islands have different flavors."

Elsie nodded and continued eating her snack, mentally preparing herself for her first trial once this little meal was done.