40

Elsie couldn't relieve the fluttering feeling in her chest after the call she just had with her friends. It was actually going to happen. Eventually, her home region would have its own group of Gym Leaders and Elite Four Members. But then another question came to mind.

Does there have to be a Champion already established when the Pokemon League is created or is it just the first person that makes it through all the battles after everything else has been created? She supposed she and everyone else would figure that out when they had the next opportunity to plan how everything would go.

It was only the call of the Pokemon Center's nurse that snapped the trainer out of her thoughts.

"Elsie, your pokemon are all rested and ready to continue on your journey."

Elsie nodded, retrieving her team from the nurse, and thanking her. Immediately she let Prism out of her pokeball. The dragon-type eeveelution stretched, spreading her wings as she yawned before relaxing at her trainer's side.

'Well, since pretty much everything is set, I guess I should meet up with Lillie and Acerola and head to the next trial site.' she thought.

As Elsie walked out of the Pokemon Center, she took one last glance at her phone. Seeing that there weren't any new notifications, she sighed.

'Is she ignoring the text I gave her too?' Elsie mentally asked herself. At this point, she wasn't sure how to reach Demetria to tell her about her plans. Alice, Lyn, Hera, and Zale had already agreed to train as hard as they can to take on the role of the Elite Four and she had gotten quite a few excited responses from other classmates who wanted to become Gym Leaders. If she didn't get a response from Demetria soon then there might not be anything else that she could do for this potential league.

"Drakeon."

Elsie looked down at her partner, who simply stared back at her for a few moments before shaking her head.

'Prism's right. If all I did was wait for Demetria to approve of something then I wouldn't even be here in the first place. Plus trying to save a spot for her when a lot of others are responding sooner is unfair for them.'

Elsie smiled at Prism, patting her head. "I'll be fine. Now let's get on with our next trial. Wouldn't wanna keep Acerola waiting."

The first thing she saw when she went outside was Lillie and Snowy. The Alolan Ninetales seemed tired but happy as if they had just won a big battle.

"I wonder what we missed." Elsie thought aloud.

Snowy was the first to see the due and smiled. "Nine!"

"Hm? Oh Elsie you're back. How was Sophocles' trial?" Lillie asked.

"We made it through somehow," Elsie said with a smile. "And Sapphire evolved into Altaria. It kinda came out of nowhere so I guess she was ready."

"That's great. You and your team are getting stronger every day."

Elsie nodded, smiling brightly.

"So you managed to get the Electrium Z." Acerola mused as she skipped over. "Your pokemon must really be something. Not a lot of people are able to pass this trial. But maybe that's because Sopphy always changes up what the trial is so no one can go to more experienced trainers to figure out what they should look out for."

"Y-Yeah. It was definitely something I didn't see coming." Elsie said, deciding not to mention the part where she pretty much fell from the sky. If they didn't notice anything during the trial then there was no need to share that experience with them. It'd probably only make Lillie worry about her even more.

"Well, looks like you're ready to have fun at my trial. Let's hurry there. Doing mine at night makes things all the more interesting."

Before Elsie could react, Acerola grabbed her hand, practically dragging her to the bus stop.

"I'll meet you there once I heal up at the Pokemon Center," Lillie called out. "Good luck!"

'I guess I'll have to tell her my plans about making a league for Holon after I do this trial.' Elsie thought as she stumbled to keep up with the perky trial captain. She wasn't quite sure what to think about doing Acerola's trial at night. She was a ghost-type specialist after all. There was no telling what kind of pokemon that were gonna show up, especially at night.

'I think as long as I'm not trapped in a room filled with the flames of a Chandelure then I should be alright.' she mentally told herself. 'Ghost types mainly just like to play pranks and scare people rather than doing actual harm right? Acerola just thinks that doing her trial at night is interesting because there's a higher chance of the ghost-type pokemon being more active.'

For the sake of not psyching herself out, Elsie decided that was what she was going to believe. She should be fine as long as she doesn't have to go into a haunted house.

...........

"Aaannd here's my trial site," Acerola announced.

Elsie looked up at the supermarket. Immediately she could tell that it was run down and it didn't look like anyone had used it in a long time.

'From what I heard from locals, they said one of the trial sites formed because one of the Tapu Guardians went into a rampage of a building being built on sacred grounds.' she thought. 'I guess this must be... at least what's left of what the people of Alola tried to build.'

"All you have to do is walk around the supermarket with your Pokefinder and take pictures of the ghost-type pokemon you'll see," Acerola explained. "Once seeing how fun everyone else is having, I'm sure the Totem Pokemon will come out as well to join in as well."

Elsie mentally sighed. 'I know I hoped I wouldn't have to walk around a haunted house but somehow walking around in a haunted supermarket seems just as bad.'

"Now off you go! Have fun!"

Before she knew it, Elsie was pushed through the entrance of the abandoned supermarket, the doors quickly being shut behind her. Elsie took a shaky breath before looking around.

'Well... let's see what this trial has in store for me.'