52

The moment Elsie and her team had gotten a good amount of rest, they headed to Lush Jungle. As she made her way there, she began to try to strategize on how she was going to take on the two trial captains.

'Based solely on their trials and battling two captains already, Lana is most likely going to use water-type pokemon and Mallow is going to use grass-type pokemon.' she thought. 'So Ico is going to be the best bet for taking on Lana. For Mallow... I can probably use Sapphire.'

As they neared Lush Jungle, Elsie hoped that Lana and Mallow were still there. Her wish came true as she saw the two trial captains talking amongst each other near the entrance of the jungle. Elsie remembered fighting the Totem Lurantis in the area they were standing at. Surrounding the two girls was a small group of Fomantis. One of the Fomantis noticed Elsie and Lillie approaching them and gently nudged Mallow.

Elsie waved as Lana and Mallow turned in her direction. "Hi. Long time no see."

"Elsie, Lillie! It has been a little while since we last met." Mallow greeted with a smile. "How are your trials going?"

"They're going well," Lillie replied. "I just have to finish my grand trial in Poni Island and Elsie is gathering all the flower petals for Mina's trial."

"So you're here to battle us huh," Lana said as she turned her attention to Elsie. "Then how about we make it a double battle? You'd be able to win both our petals in one go that way."

'A double battle?  I haven't done much of those.' Elsie thought. 'But still, one double battle does sound a bit better than having two single battles.'

She then nodded. "Okay. I'm fine with a double battle. Ready whenever you are."

The two trial captains nodded before sending out their chosen pokemon. A Tsareena and Primarina. Rotom then came out of Elsie's bag, giving her information about the two pokemon.

"Tsareena, the Fruit Pokemon. A grass type. Tsareena has the nature of high-class nobility. Any pokemon or human that approaches it with evil in mind will be punished forthwith. It even turns its fearsome glare upon its Trainer if the two of them are not fully in sync, or if its trainer orders it to use a move that will be ineffective. Only the strongest of Steenee are able to evolve. When this happens, the Steenee evolves with the blessing of other Steenee. It then uses its strength to protect the Bounsweet."

'So Tsareena is the final evolved form of a Bounsweet.' Elsie thought. 'Mallow must really have a close bond with her if it fully evolved.'

"Primarina, the Soloist Pokemon. A water and fairy type. As it dances, Primarina releases balloons of water into the area around itself, moving them using the sound waves from its voice. The moonlight reflecting off its glittering balloons creates a magical scene. Since Primarina controls its balloons using its voice, any injury to its throat can become a grave problem. Its greatest enemies are arid environments and the overuse of its voice during back-to-back battles."

'So Primarina is kinda like a siren from myths in a way. Mainly using its voice to attack an all.'

After thanking her Rotomdex, Elsie sent out her two pokemon, Ico and Sapphire. She took a deep breath before beginning the battle.

"Ico use Spirit Shackle and Sapphire, use Dragon Pulse."

The Decidueye's arrow fused with the Altaria's dragon-type attack, giving it more of a darker purple color as it shot toward the opposing pokemon. Tsareena and Primarina dodged the fused attack, Elsie being a bit caught off guard by how fast Primarina was able to react.

"Primarina, use Icy Wind on Altaria!"

"Tsareena, you use Trop Kick on Decidueye!"

Sapphire tensed up as she saw the Icy Wind coming towards her. In a panic, she flew up to dodge the attack. Meanwhile, Decidueye had used Leaf Blade to parry Tsareena's attack. Elsie glanced at the small power struggle between the two pokemon before getting an idea.

"Sapphire help out Ico by using Flamethrower!" she called out.

Before the Tsareena could react, Sapphire flew behind her and used the fire-type attack, Ico jumping out of the way just in time. The Fruit Pokemon stumbled back as the flames hit her.

"It worked! Great job Sapphire!" Elsie cheered. "Now use Sky Attack!"

"Not so fast, use Sparkling Aria Primarina!"

Suddenly, along with a melodic voice, bubbles appeared around both Ico and Sapphire before bursting, making the two of them reel back in surprise.

'I guess that must be Primarina's signature move.' Elsie thought. 'So it can hit both my pokemon.'

Ico and Sapphire shook off the attack before regaining their focus. It was then that Tsareena dashed forward.

"Use Razor Leaf!" Mallow called out.

Both pokemon endured the barrage of leaves shooting toward them.

"Sapphire, breakthrough with Sky Attack. Ico, you use Leaf Blade on Primarina!"

Sapphire nodded before attempting to use Sky Attack once again, breaking through the Razor Leaf and landing a direct hit on Tsareena, who soon fell. Ico dashed toward Primarina, preparing another Leaf Blade. Primarina tried to stop Ico in his tracks by using Icy Wind again but the Decidueye endured the frigid winds to land the final blow. Ico fell to one knee as the Soloist Pokemon lay on the ground, defeated.

Elsie rushed over to her pokemon's side as Lana and Mallow tended to their partners. "Are you two alright?"

Ico nodded, relaxing a little now that the battle was over. Sapphire walked over before nuzzling Elsie.

"Thanks for all your hard work. Both of you take a good rest."

As the two pokemon were tucked away in their balls, Elsie was approached by the two trial captains, each with a flower petal in their hands.

"That was a fun battle," Mallow said.

Lana nodded in agreement. "Now you only have two more petals to get right? We can see you to the next island if you want. I'm sure it won't be hard to find Sophocles and Acerola."

Elsie nodded as she took the flower petals. "Thanks. I'll take you up on that offer."

The group then headed to the next island, Elsie's final destination before she has officially completed her Poni Island Trial.