45

While trying to catch her breath, Prism stared down at the defeated Alolan Persian. As of now, she only had the strength to sit, but at least it was better than laying down.

Nanu returned his pokemon to its ball before shrugging with a small smirk. "That was some battle, and some pokemon you got there."

Prism let out a sigh of relief, now having the confirmation that they had passed their grand trial, then looked over at Evan. Seeing the shocked expression on his face probably gave her more satisfaction than winning. The Drakeon hadn't realized that she was about to fall over until Elsie came to her side, catching her in her arms.

"Eon?"

Elsie looked down at her partner and smiled. "Thanks, Prism. You did great out there. Take a nice long rest."

Prism nodded as she found the strength to climb up onto her trainer's shoulder. Nanu then walked over to them, a small black crystal in his hand.

"Here, congratulations. You finished your Ula'Ula trials." the kahuna said, handing her the Darknium Z.

'It still sounds like this poor man needs a nap.' Elsie thought. 'Or is that just the way he is.'

Elsie thanked him as she took the Z Crystal.

"H-How..." was all that Evan could utter as he rushed towards them. "How were you able to pass this Grand Trial while I couldn't!?"

"She's got something that you lack," Nanu said plainly. "It made her and her team stronger than yours."

Even with that explanation, the boy still had that look of disbelief on his face.

'I... honestly forgot that he was watching.' Elsie thought. 'I guess I was just so focused on the battle.'

One little glance at Prism was enough for Elsie to turn and make her way to the nearest Pokemon Center.

"H-Hey where are you going!?" Evan called out. "You have nothing to say about all this!?"

"My pokemon are tired so I'm going to take them to a pokemon center," Elsie replied. "Good luck on your journey."

........

"So Prism evolved into a brand new type of eeveelution!?" Alice exclaimed with a huge smile on her face. After the Grand Trial, Elsie decided to take the rest of the day to rest before she set out to Poni Island. Luckily for her, Alice had reached out to her and the rest of her friends to plan more on their league for Holon. But the other four got immediately distracted the moment Prism appeared in the camera's view. "That's so cool! Aren't you glad that you went out on a journey and didn't let anyone stop you? You discovered something that no one else has."

Elsie nodded with a smile. "Yeah. The moment I arrived in Alola, I didn't regret coming. And I'm almost done with all my trials. I just have one more island to go."

"In that case, we better hurry and get a general idea of how our league is gonna run before you're all done," Lyn said.

Hera then chimed in. "Then let me start things off with an idea that I had. From what I've looked up, it seems that only the Champion's title is on the line when someone challenges the league. I think we need to make ours more interesting and have it so that the Elite Four members can lose their spot as well."

"Well based on our studies, the Galar Region has a tournament to determine their champion," Zale said. "I think the only way to make it so where the Elite Four can lose their spots is to create a tournament similar to that."

"Well if we do a tournament for the Elite Four I think it's only fair that we do a tournament for the Champion too. So maybe two separate tournaments for each position?" Alice added.

Elsie quickly grabbed a piece of paper and began jotting down everything that her friends were saying. That was when an idea popped up in her head.

"Going a little off topic but even though we're taking ideas from other regions, I think we should at least keep something that Holon offered. Maybe a bit of an easier test that'll allow trainers to take on the gyms and league? Similar to Galar's endorsements but instead of having a certain someone giving your permission to participate, you just get a high enough score on a test in Trainer's School."

"That's a good idea. Just see if we can make the test not as intense as the one we took and then we can still keep Holon's old tradition of focusing on education." Alice said.

"I'm not sure if this happens in other regions but I think it would be good if everyone involved in the league were updated on everything that's going on throughout the region," Lyn added. "I mean if there's danger, the strongest trainers around should be involved to help get rid of any threat right?"

"Maybe regular meetings for that then," Hera suggested. "Probably every month or somewhere along that line. Since each gym leader is gonna be in a different city, they should be able to have plenty of time to make it to the meetings without being late. Then only in situations of an emergency would the meetings be any sooner."

Time went by so fast with Elsie jotting down notes as ideas were thrown into the conversation, she didn't realize just how late it was until she noticed that Sapphire came out of her ball, poking her cheek with her beak.

"What is it?"

"Altaria."

"Alright alright, I get it. You want me to get plenty of rest so we're all full of energy when we get to Poni Island." she then looked back at the monitor. "Well, I guess according to Sapphire, we've held each other on this call for long enough. But I think we got enough good ideas to get a good start on everything."

"Yeah, I think it's almost like two in the morning where I'm at right now," Lyn said with a laugh. "Let's all get some well-deserved rest and regather another time to finalize all the details."

Everyone said their goodbyes before logging off of the little meeting they have. Then at the insistence of her Altaria, Elsie quickly went to bed, preparing herself for the trip to Poni Island tomorrow.