61

Elsie stared out the window as she rode the plane, Prism curled up in her lap fast asleep.

'We're almost there.' she thought. 'Almost back to Holon.'

She pondered on what to do the moment she was back in her home region. Should she immediately go find her friends? Or maybe pay a quick visit to her family before going through the league plan? What about Demetria? Enough time had passed for any rough events between them to smooth over right? Maybe she should be given a Z-Ring too?

Elsie sighed and shook her head, recognizing the thought pattern that she was about to spiral into.

'No. I came back to Holon to find a way to make a better future for it. Not to think about everything that happened in the past. I won't get anywhere if I'm wondering about stuff like that.'

It wasn't long until an announcement came up on the intercom of the plane.

"Ladies and gentlemen we are preparing for landing. We will land in the Holon Region momentarily."

At the announcement, Prism's ears twitched slightly before opening her eyes and looking around. Elsie scratched behind the Drakeon's ears.

"We're almost there Prism. Just a few more minutes."

Prism simply nodded as they waited for the plane to land. When it did and they exited the plane, Elsie let Sapphire out of her pokeball.

"Well... we're finally here. We're back in Holon." Elsie let out a breath before looking around. Everything seemed so familiar yet strange at the same time, immediately being reminded of the lack of livelihood that her home region had compared to Alola.

'Just the surroundings are such a huge contrast.' she thought. 'How come I didn't notice that until now? I guess that's something to keep in mind when we're establishing a league.'

Elsie took out her phone and dialed Alice's number. She only had to wait a few moments until there was an answer on the other side.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Alice." Elsie greeted. "I'm back in Holon. Is everyone else here?"

"Yep! We all got back here yesterday. Lyn already got some of our old classmates to meet up with us. Let's all meet up at the front of the school okay?"

"Yeah. I'll be there as soon as I can."

After a quick goodbye, Elsie hung up and then looked to Sapphire.

"You remember where our old school is right? Wanna fly us there?"

"Taria." the Altaria cooed, not wasting any time crouching down so Elsie could get on her back. Once her trainer was safely secured, Sapphire took flight, Prism flying by her side. As they flew, Elsie took a deep breath, trying to calm her anticipation.

'I wonder what kind of pokemon everyone has now. Did they all specialize in a specific type or is do their team have a variety of pokemon types.'

She couldn't wait to find out.

It didn't take long for them to arrive at the old school. Upon seeing it below them, Sapphire and Prism landed, Elsie dismounting the moment they were securely on the ground. The first thing that they saw was Alice approaching. A Gardevoir and Sylveon followed her.

Alice grinned when she saw her friend. "Hey. Long time no see."

Elsie couldn't help but smile as well before going to hug Alice. "Glad to see you made it safely back."

"Same goes for you." Alice then turned her attention to Prism. "Huh... so that's what you look like up close. How does it feel to be the very first eeveelution to have wings Prism?"

Prism shrugged in response.

"Is everyone else here?" Elsie asked.

"Yep. Just waiting for you and a few others to get here. Come on. I'm sure everyone else would love to hear about your little adventure in Alola."

Elsie nodded and followed Alice to the front of the school.

'From the looks of it, Alice has quite a bit of fairy types. I know she had a big interest in them before she went to Kalos. Maybe she became a fairy-type specialist.'

Soon enough, they came across all the other three that were able to go on journeys to separate regions, Hera, Lyn, and Hale. They greeted Elsie with big smiles. The reunion started with everyone introducing their pokemon teams to each other. 

Alice's fairy types all moved with grace. Probably from training with the fairy-type gym leader that Alice had studied under.

Hale's water types looked equally both beautiful and powerful. Something she probably should've expected from pokemon of a trainer that studied under someone like Wallace of the Hoenn Region.

From what Elsie heard about Lyn's journey, she had trained under the Gym Leader Volkner in Sinnoh. That was probably why her team of electric types seemed to be trained to be fully offensive.

Hera's fire types seemed to have similar battle tactics to Lyn's. But Hera never mentioned training under a specific type specialist during her journey. Maybe she simply bonded with fire-type pokemon more than any other type.

"Well, now that we're all here. I guess we should start figuring out who's gonna do what." Lyn said.

It was then that Elsie was reminded of the Z-Rings in her bag. She guessed that Alice was also reminded of something since they both said it at the same time.

"Oh, I almost forgot. I have something to give you all."

The two looked at each other with some surprise. "You too?"

Alice then laughed a little before nudging Elsie forward. "You go first."

"Well uh." Elsie rummaged through her bag, gathering as many Z-Rings as she could in her arms. "I was given these to give to my friends. I think it was a goodbye gift from Alola to help us with creating a league and gym leaders here. I have one Z crystal of a lot of types so all I have to do is teach you the dances and then you'll be able to use Z moves too."

"If that's the case then combined with what I have for all of us this is gonna be a pretty tough league," Alice said with a grin before showing what she had. At first glance, they all looked like a bunch of colorful marbles but upon closer examination, Hale's eyes widened at the sight of them.

"Are those... what I think they are?"

"Yep. These are all Mega Rings and Mega Stones." Alice said with a grin. "Thanks to all of us sharing what our teams were like before we left our regions, I was able to find one for each of us."

While she was still in a state of shock, Elsie soon found herself holding an Altarianite. 'With a little bit of training, Sapphire will be able to Mega Evolve with this.'

"There are also a few random ones that I found that someone else might wanna have," Alice added. "Let's give the rest of the souvenirs to our future gym leaders. Then we can move on from there."