30

Elsie couldn't help but wonder what this Aether Paradise place was like. Seeing that they were more than happy to rescue an injured pokemon she assumed that they were good people. The most information she got regarding this organization is from brochures that she read back at home.

Along with the curiosity, Elsie felt an immense wave of relief and happiness. Ever since she boarded the ferry, she never let Skye's Pokeball out of her hand, almost afraid that the capsule would somehow turn up empty if she ever let it go. Her eyes still stung a little from the crying she did the moment Kahuna Olivia brought Skye to her.

"Vee."

"Hm... what is it Prism?"

Elsie looked at the window that her partner was looking out of. The first thing that she saw was what looked like a large white building floating on the water.

"Well, we're here." one of the workers announced with a smile. "Welcome to Aether Paradise."

'So this is what the brochures meant about this place being an artificial island. I wonder how they built it in the first place...'

Once the ferry had docked, Elsie was escorted into Aether Paradise, Prism staying on her shoulder as they walked.

'All the white here is almost blinding.' Elsie thought. 'It's like whoever is running Aether Paradise wants every corner of this place to glow or something.'

Elsie was soon led to an area filled with pokemon, different areas representing different habitats to best suit the pokemon living in them.

'I guess this really is like a rescue sanctuary of sorts.'

"The Milotic is right over there." the worker informed her. "I'll inform the president that you're here. In the meantime, please feel free to spend some time with Milotic."

Elsie nodded, thanking the worker as they left using the elevator. Once they were out of sight, Elsie made her way toward the area for water pokemon. There, she saw the Milotic, resting on a large rock. The first thing she noticed about the Tender Pokemon was the bandages wrapped around her tail.

"At least it doesn't look like whatever hurt the Milotic is bothering it anymore so that's good," Elsie mumbled, mostly to herself. She and Prism sat at the very edge of the water, admiring the recovering pokemon. After a few moments, Milotic noticed them watching and came over to greet them.

It cooed softly as it lifted its head towards Elsie, who smiled.

"Hi, Milotic. Glad to see that you're doing better," she said. "I bet you're happy to be swimming around again."

Milotic nodded, gently nudging its head into Elsie's hand. Taking that as permission to pet it, Elsie began stroking its head.

"Such a pretty pokemon..." she breathed. "The pictures in the textbooks pale in comparison to seeing it in person."

Milotic laid its head down on the trainer's lap, enjoying the attention she was receiving.

"Oh yeah. Milotic, do you wanna meet another one of my partners?" Elsie asked. "I know you met most of my team but there's still one more that you haven't met yet."

Milotic looked up curiously, giving a small nod. It was then that Elsie released Skye.

"Milotic, this is my Lycanroc Skye. Skye, this is the Milotic that we met when you were away."

Skye dipped his head to the Tender Pokemon who returned the gesture. It was then that Milotic moved away, turning its back towards Elsie, then looked back at her.

Elsie tilted her head in confusion. "What are you trying to tell me?"

The Milotic gently grabbed the end of Elsie's sleeve, tugging on it slightly.

"You... want me to come in the water with you?"

Milotic nodded.

"Oh uhh... okay then. I guess if that's allowed then... a little swim wouldn't hurt."

She took off her socks and shoes, rolled up her jeans above her knees, and then carefully got on Milotic's back. Prism hopped on top of the pokemon's head while Skye returned himself to his Pokeball. Elsie took a deep breath as she held on.

'Maybe I should think of this as a tamer version of Mantine Surfing.' she thought.

Milotic then began swimming around the area, showing Elsie everything that she couldn't see just by standing at the edge. Looking down at the water, she noticed Corsala and other smaller water pokemon swimming past her feet. Feeling more comfortable on the Milotic's back, she loosened her grip to stand up straighter, in order to get a better view of everything.

'Even though all this was artificially made, it's almost as if we were exploring a real water habitat in the wild.'

The little moment was quickly interrupted by what felt like a large rumble. Elsie as well as the pokemon surrounding her looked around in alarm.

"W-What's... going on?"

"Vee! Eevee!" Prism shouted, pointing above them. Elsie and Milotic looked up to see a crack floating in midair.

'Wait that strange-looking crack... it looks like-'

She wasn't able to finish her thought when the crack suddenly opened itself, creating a large hole. A creature emerged from the hole. Elsie had no idea how to describe it aside from it looking like a strange jellyfish-like pokemon.

"R-Rotom... what is that?" Elsie stuttered in fear.

"I'm sorry but... I... I'm not sure if that's a pokemon so I don't know if I can answer that." Rotom answered.

The answer didn't help Elsie's nerves at all but at the same time, she couldn't blame Rotom for not knowing what was in front of them. Especially if this creature couldn't be classified as a pokemon.

The creature then shot toward Elsie, Prism, and Milotic, attacking with what the trainer could only guess was a poison-type attack. To dodge it, Milotic dove underwater with the two on her back but it quickly resurfaced knowing that Elsie didn't have enough time to hold her breath.

Prism jumped up and used Dragon Rage. The attack landed but the creature didn't seem phased, only swatting at the Eevee with its tentacles.

"Prism!" Elsie cried out as she left Milotic's side to catch her partner. Prism recovered the attack and then glared up at whatever they were fighting.

Elsie couldn't process what had just happened after. At first, she felt herself being yanked out of the water. She thought she heard Milotic and Prism's cry but any sound seemed to be tuned out due to... something causing her pain as she felt whatever was going into her skin. It wasn't long until everything around her started going dark.