17.

3rd person POV:

"I love you.. and not as a friend." The brunette confessed in clear words after hearing what the younger had responded to his prior confession.

The tears that jungkook had been holding before escaped from his eyes dropping down on his rosy cheeks as he covered his face hearing that.

"Why are you crying kookie?" Taehyung asked worriedly as he went closer to him and pulled him in a hug. Jungkook didn't waste a second before he hugged him back tightly wrapping his arm around the older's waist.. softly crying in his chest.

"I love you," Jungkook confessed as well in between his cries as he whispered those three words in the older's ear.

Taehyung never imagined hearing these 3 words from the blonde in the way he wanted.. hearing this didn't feel real to him.. making it hard for him to believe as he closed his eyes while hugging the younger closer to him.

"I love you.. I can't believe that you really do love me.. it feels so surreal. I had already accepted my fate and thought that my love will stay one-sided and forbidden forever." Taehyung let out what he had been holding in as his own eyes watered.

"Can you please say it again kookie?" Taehyung asked in a low voice.. almost desperately.

"I love you hyungie." Jungkook confessed back as he pulled his head away and looked starry teary eyed at the older.. still hugging him with a wide smile on his face.

Taehyung couldn't hold himself back as he planted his lips on the younger's head.. kissing his forehead softly.

"You are so beautiful, my love. You don't know how much i have been holding myself back from showering you with love, kisses and compliments and everything." Taehyung said as he boxy smiled at him sweeping the younger's hair back as he looked down blushing at the name and praise.

In shyness.. jungkook buried his head back in the older's chest. "I love you." Jungkook said it again.. because he couldn't believe it either that the older really loved him back and he confessed it to him. It wasn't enough no matter how many time he says and hears the same thing.

"I love you.. be my boyfriend ,kookie?" Taehyung asked seriously as he pulled away from the hug as he stared at him.. holding his chin lightly with his hand making him look up at him.

It was like jungkook's smile faded right away as soon as he heard the question. He thought hardly about it as quickly as he could before he shook his head slowly in denial.

Jungkook took a step back as he shook his head again.."i can't be your boyfriend hyungie. I know you love me and i love you too.. but i don't think i can commit to you.. or just any boy." Jungkook said in a low voice as he looked down.. guilty for rejecting the older's question.

Taehyung looked at him with brows furrowed and eyes widen as he was dumbfounded not knowing how to react to this.

"B-but why?" He questioned with difficulty as words seemed stuck in his throat.

"I just can't hyung. I really love you but i am not ready for it. I am too scared.. what will people say. They will kill us. We have every reason for us to not be together but not a single one to be together." Jungkook pointed out as he looked up at him with red eyes.

"Us being in love? Both needing each other? Isn't that enough of a reason for us to be together?" Taehyung asked seriously.

Jungkook shook his head.."it isn't.. you know our families.. they will seperate us somehow anyways. There's literally no point if we get together. And if we do become boyfriends then how much longer will we hide ,huh?" He argued.