Chapter 60: WILL YOU MARRY ME?

Start from the beginning

Anushka's POV:
Finally, I did it... OMG, I proposed Virat... Yayyy!! I did it....
No, please don't assume that I have lost my mind or something, I'm perfectly fine but just a little overwhelmed with everything that has happened. I proposed Virat but I had no idea what will be his answer, because we never discussed marriage so the way everything went, it obviously got me excited.
But, It was not easy to propose, it took a whole lot of efforts but yes everything was worth it.

Flashback:
Virat and team has won the second match also. Wow! It feels so good to see Vee getting closer to his dreams. This is his first series as captain and the team has won it, the third match's result won't even affect that but i know this team will win that too. And the third match will be on Vee's bday. What an amazing and memorable day it will be. But I'm yet to decide his gift. That man is so choosy, what should I gift him? What does he love the most? Ummm.... Me.. But i can't gift myself to him. God, Virat has affected me on a whole other level. Now, I'm even thinking the way he does. But i certainly can gift him some quality time or something so memorable that he remembers it for the whole life. What if I take him on a trip? But No, I'll take him on a trip when I'll propose him.
Oh Yes, I have decided that I'll propose Virat for marriage, because why should Boys have all the fun, Right? We both have never discussed about marriage but I guess I won't be able to hold my urge to ask him for long now.. I am still yet to decide the place I want to take him, he has travelled almost every place he loves. Which place does he love the most? Umm.... Ummmm.....
Cricket ground. My mind replied and i chuckled at the thought. But Virat does love cricket stadium crazily afterall cricket means the world to him.
Oh god, why am I so stupid? I was deciding on what to gift him and i have wandered my thoughts to extremely different things. I need to focus.
*doors opens with a bang and Ro enters*
Here I was talking about focus and look who just entered.
"Hii Ro.."
"Hii, Anu... What are you thinking?"
"Nothing, just trying to choose gift for your friend"
"Oh, for that asshole. Why to think so much? Just be with him, he will be the happiest. It's a known fact he loves you to another level, so ya" Ro said casually eating the fries i ordered for myself.
"Ro, you're of no use. I'm with him anyways and I'm not going anywhere so how will that be a gift?" I asked thinking of other ideas
"That's what you have to think." He said and went out taking my fries. I was thinking about what Ro told me. He is somewhere right. No gift can make Virat as happy as to have some really good time with his loved ones... I thought for another half and hour and then it struck me. Oh fish, I can do one thing. What if i propose Virat? Wouldn't that be good? I am hardly stopping myself to blurt out the question everytime I'm with him. So, it'll be great if I ask him and what better day than his bday and the day he gets his first win as India captain to finally pop out the question. But how will I propose him? I mean, I had planned to take him to any of his favourite place and then ask him. His favourite place?? Cricket ground...... Oh, What if i propose him on the cricket ground? He even once told me how the cricket pitch means the world to him.... And after getting this idea, I took not even a second more to run out of my room like Usain Bolt and barge in Mahi Bhai's room. Much to my surprise, everyone was there excluding my very handsome boyfriend.
"Is there some race going on in the hotel that I'm not aware of? I want to take part too" Hardik whined.
"Oh no Harry, there's no race going on. It's just that I have something to discuss with you all" I said to all the inquisitive eyes looking at me.
"Say it, Anushka... What's it?" Ash asked.
"Okay, I'll but first tell me where's vee?" I whispered looking around.
"He has gone to sign some documents as the team captain after whining for like 30 minutes" Rohit whispered.
"Why are you both whispering?" Yuzi asked himself whispering and I realised that we were actually whispering for no reason.
"Oh, nothing. I just want to ask you guys something..."
"Spill the beans, Anushka. You've already created suspense" Rits said.
"How about..... How about I... Um..... How about I propose Virat for marriage?" I said all in one go after mustering all my courage. They all sat silent for one second and I eyed every one of them.
"PLEASE DO IT....." and they all shouted together and I looked at them wide eyed.
"You guys scared the shit out of me" I said placing a hand on my heart.
"Oh shut up... We got excited that atleast one of you got some brains. Otherwise we thought that you both will take another 3-4 years to finally do this" Rahul said as if it was the most common thought they all shared and the expression on everyone's face says that this really was.
"Really?" That only what I said.
"Ofcourse, you both have known each other for more than 2 years and have been together for like 2 years.. And still none of you was even bringing out the discussion. What else would you expect us to think then?" Jaddu said still busy in his phone.
"Okay.... But now would you guys tell me should I just do it?" I asked again attracting the whole attention.
"PLEASE DO IT......PLEASE" they all said again in unison.
"So, have you thought of some plan or something?" Mahi bhai asked me.
"Bhai, you know what, I really love you... Thanks for finally bringing out the main topic. You're the only sensible here" I said reaching to Mahi bhai and giving him a hug.
Then i quickly sat on the bed with my legs crossed.
"Okay, I have thought of something, but i need your really honest opinions on my plan" I stated and everyone nodded while Rits smacked Rohit asking him to concentrate and put the chips aside.
"Tell us" Sakshi bhabhi said excitedly.
"I think I will propose him on his b'day."
"Brilliant" Hardik exclaimed without even letting me complete. Everyone glared at him signalling me to continue.
"Yeah, And I plan to do this proposal on the cricket ground itself after the match" As i said this, everyone was surprised except one person who was adorning a very calm and peaceful smile on his face. Mahi bhai's expression gave me a little confidence, he was looking at me with such satisfaction as if i have solved the biggest mystery.
"Brilliant" Mahi Bhai announced with the same smile and expression. Everyone looked at him and with that expression on his face, there was no room for discussion on this thing.
"You really solved the biggest mystery. The Virat mystery" Mahi bhai said and hugged me.
"Okay guys, now get to work. We'll have to plan a whole lot of things. Get up, get up" Prithi bhabhi said clapping her hands and everyone stood ready to help.
"Ro, you need to talk to the sports presentor, Ian Bishop about this. He'll announce it." Ash instructed.
"And Rits, you'll be coming with me to choose the ring" I said and Rits nodded excitedly.
"I'll talk to the coach and everyone in the team about the plan" Mahi bhai announced. Like this, everyone got themselves one or the other work.
"Guys, move now. We have only today to bring everything into action. Tomorrow is our practice" Mahi bhai said.
"Okay bhai, I'm so excitedddddd" Yuzi screamed.
"Yesss, our Cheeku is finally getting his Cheeki" Jaddu said and we all laughed. That whole day, we all planned everything while Virat was just getting annoyed to see all of us brutally ignoring him. At night, I called Mumma, Kiara and Arnav and told them about this. They were also very excited and I requested them to join because I wanted to have all our people around when I ask Virat. I even informed Saroj Aunty, Bhaiya-Bhabhi and Aarav about the same and they had the same reaction.
"PLEASE DO IT....." i didn't knew these all people around us are so desperate to get us hitched. After 2 days of nervousness and excitement, finally came the day. I didn't prepare any speech or something because I wanted to say whatever comes in my heart. And I did exactly that. Virat's reaction was worth watching. And then he said YES. Oh goddd....!!!
*Flashback ends*