Chapter 42

3rd Person

Jasper should be focusing on what was happening, his brother had done something terrible, was probably dead, but Jasper couldn't focus on any of that.

He could feel waves of rage coming from the kings, could feel the anger of the guard, could feel calming energy coming off Amelia.

He could feel the grief of his coven leaders, because as much as he would like to lie to himself, he couldn't see them as parents.

He had never had true parents, he was raised in an orphanage, it was why he joined the war at his first chance. He could care less for the cause, he cared more for the bed and food.

He had known then he was on the wrong side of history but he had little choice, he tried to help where he could but he had to survive. When he was turned he was made into a weapon instead of a man, his skills which had made him raise ranks so quickly made him a deadly newborn.

His gift made him even more of a prize for Maria, for that was what he was, a prize, a shiny weapon her to wield against her enemies. He dreaded the day he saw her again. He knew he would, life was too cruel not to throw that into his life at one point or another.

He would pray to withstand her when that day comes if he believed in any god. After all the death he had seen he no longer believed in any deities. Never mind the deaths he caused.

He had felt free for the first time after leaving Maria, living with Charlete and Peter had been freeing, for the first time he had truly lived.

Then she came, he had been lured in like a siren, and like a siren her allure was all a show, he had been buried that day, buried in feelings of love and a haze that never seemed to go away.

He had felt that haze breaking for the first time in years when he had smelled her blood before the haze became an ocean, an ocean that sucked him down deep underneath leaving behind a pathetic bumbling tool in its wake.

Since the battle the haze had been clearing, his control getting better the separation becoming thinner.

He didn't try too hard, the first time the mind reader had picked up on it, or was it the harpy's visions? The major couldn't tell. He just knew he needed to be ready, so when the mind reader left and he felt the Harpy's overwhelming presence diminish he had slowly started fighting the haze. Breaking the separation the harpy had put in his mind to control him and keep him weak.

Jasper suddenly felt himself become whole again, the wall separating him from the Major breaking to pieces and them joining as one again, he hadn't realized they were separated until he felt the awareness come back.

He came back to himself the moment his eyes fell on one woman.

The women he had been kept away from, The Magor ripped from him to keep him away. His very self torn apart, all to keep him from the one person meant for him. To keep him as a weapon once more.

He could feel nothing for the words being spoken before him, he could only see her. His mate.

~~~~~~~

Marcus held his mate close to him as he looked around him.

His eyes scanned each member of the Cullen coven, looking for deception.

He could tell they were all shocked, except the empath. Marcus narrowed his eyes on Jasper before turning on his bond sight when he couldn't find a cause for the strange behavior.

He could see a dim yellow bond reaching out but it looked strained, like it was being manipulated. He watched as before his eyes the bond disappeared and a new strand shot forth towards the young human standing behind the guard.

It was obvious to Marcus that a false bond had been made, how he could only wonder. It was the first he had witnessed. He would need to know more, this was something completely unheard of, these types of occurrences come very rarely to someone as old as him.

Marcus offered his hand to Aro with a quiet "brother" as he shifted his mate over to Caius who was looking at him confused as he scanned each Cullen, pinpointing weaknesses.

Amelia looked at him in concern as her eyes moved between him and Aro from where she was against Caius's chest.

Aro smiled as he read his brother's thoughts, this would work well for them in the long run. It also had the added bonus of making his mate happy.

Aro pulled away with a wide smile on his face as he turned towards the Cullen's "Well it seems young Alice also has many things to answer for, foremost how she achieved a fake mate bond" he said as he looked pointedly at Jasper whose eyes hadn't strayed from Bella.

Rosalie pulled away from Emmet with wide eyes as she stared at Aro in horror "What? How is that possible?!"

Aro shook his head mournfully "That we will need to find out, but first, I must take your statements then we can get to the bottom of what Alice has done to Jasper here. And what will be happening to the Skurge who deemed himself worthy to lay a hand on my mate" Aro said, his voice turning sharp as he remembered the attack.

~~~~~~

Quickly after that, the remaining Cullens offered their memories freely, they had nothing to hide.

Carlisle and Esme were barely containing their frenzy as they wondered what fate had befallen their idiotic son and what their daughter had done. They had truly seen all their coven mates as their children so their loss tore at what was left of their souls.

They felt a deep pain and with that came a deep betrayal, why had their children done these things? What could have motivated them?! Where had they failed?

~~~~~~~

While his Coven leaders spiraled Jasper continued to watch as his mate shied away from him. Almost using the guard as a shield to stay out of sight.

Was she scared of him? Did he do something to offend her? Why was she avoiding him? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So if you're wondering why I did that whole bit at the top about jasper it's cuz Stephanie fucked that shit up bad. She made that motherfucker proud of being a Confederate soldier...What?! So like I wish I could do in the real book, I fixed him! You're welcome, now he can be Bella's boy toy. 

I'm gonna be honest I was gonna make Bella gay but then someone suggested Bella with Jasper and it just clicked. there is so much I wanna do with this timeline. like no joke I have so many ideas, plus I was looking for a convenient reason to kill off Edward and Alice and that seemed like a good way to write it in the story, and then I got these big ideas for the big bads and it's gonna be so much better than the original book. like just wait....gah...i have no patience! All I'm gonna say is hopefully you guys will be pleasantly surprised. 

Oh I want your opinions. should I have her have kids in this fic while human? in my first book I didn't have the patience to wait but I just can't see this Lia not being on top of her birth control and shit for any whoopsies. 

Disclaimer: I own nothing but my own original characters and plots.