Chapter 9

Previously

Eventually, my attention was drawn back to the conversation as Marcus turned to me "Cuore Mio, will you be moving to the castle?" He asked hesitantly.

Immediately both Caius and Aro turned to me with apprehension in their eyes.

Lia's P.O.V

I smiled broadly and nodded "Of course, did you think I took one step towards Volterra without fully knowing I wasn't leaving? I knew the second Aro saw my last life I wasn't going anywhere, all things considered, this is a much nicer outcome than I was expecting" I said with a sarcastic smile growing on my face.

I watched as they all relaxed slightly knowing I wasn't going to leave them. Yeah, like I would leave three super hot Vampire kings that I spent literal years reading fanfic about. Yeah, Fuck no!

Aro clapped happily "Well, We will have to prepare your wing of the castle. We had it built but we were waiting for you to arrive to decorate it. You can stay in one of our rooms for the time being. It shouldn't take more than a week to get your wing furnished" Aro mumbled to himself as he began to pace in thought.

I shook my head with a fond expression on my face before turning to Marcus "Does he do this a lot?" I whispered as I leaned towards Marcus slightly.

He nodded with a half-smile growing on his face.

I giggled quietly while Aro continued to mumble about color skeems and what kind of furniture I would need

I shook my head when he started getting worked up "Don't get too ahead of yourself over there, I still need to go get my things. You have some time to get things ready, though I'm not against staying with one of you for the time being. I suppose I can change rooms every night" I said as I sat up and brought my feet down from the coffee table.

Caius tensed up immediately making me turn to him confused "What's wrong?" I asked concerned.

Caius ran a hand through his hair "I don't like the thought of you near the Cullen's, their control is unbecoming" he said tensely.

I shrugged "well then come with me, I'm not gonna cry and complain about you all wanting to protect me. Being your mate is amazing but it also comes with a giant target, you all haven't exactly been making friends the last 2000 years. I know the position this puts me in and I really don't feel like being kidnapped and tortured like some cliche ass fanfiction. The tropes are great for books, not my damn life" I said sarcastically as I rolled my eyes.

Yeah, no thanks. The best-case scenario is they just turn me. Not gonna play fucking Russian roulette with my life, thank you very much.

Caius lets out a relieved sigh and Marcus smiles down at me fondly.

Aro does something I didn't expect and steps towards me with a smirk "Yes, about that fanfiction-" he says with a wicked smirk on his face.

I cut him off by standing up and putting my hand on his mouth.

He raised an eyebrow at me but I just glared "Don't. You. Dare. There are certain things you don't do and telling other people the types of fanfiction someone reads is not one of them! That is sacred!" I said with absolute seriousness. I swear to fuck Aro! If you tell your brothers about that I will fill your room with ducks!

Aro blinks at me with a look of befuddlement on his face.

I slowly take away my hand only for him to look at me like I was insane "Why ducks? There has to be a much better threat than ducks, Cara mia?" He asked as she shook his head at me and looked down at me like I was adorable.

I just raised an eyebrow "Simple, after they crap all over everything I get a bunch of ducks" I said with a shrug.

As soon as I said that Caius was cackling while Marcus just shook his head and looked towards the ceiling as if asking 'why me?'

Aro gasped as if offended before picking me up and spinning around the room causing me to laugh loudly and cling to him "Well then Anima mia, I will have to keep your secrets. We can't have you filling random rooms with birds now can we?" He asked sarcastically as he finally took a seat with me still in his lap.

I playfully hit his shoulder knowing full well he probably didn't even feel it while he just smiled, pleased with himself.

I just shook my head before turning to Caius "So, how overboard are you gonna go with the guard?" I asked with exasperated fondness.

He just rolled his eyes "A perfectly reasonable amount, I assure you" He said with a fake offended look on his face.

Marcus smirked before giving us a droll look "Yes, how about 200. That sounds perfectly reasonable" he said sarcastically as he gave Caius a look.

I snorted in amusement and shook my head "How about one of you come with me and 5 guard members, if you guys really think it's necessary just choose the elite guard. You guys send them out to deal with entire newborn armies" I said with a dismissive shrug. They must be pretty badass to take on so many Newborns. Janey painy is bad enough on her own.

Aro nodded "Yes, we will be talking about that in more detail when you return. For now, I think Caius and the Elite guard will be enough, maybe we will also bring Renata and Josh" Aro said casually.

I just shrugged, not noticing the concerned looks on Caius and Marcus's faces. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Disclaimer: I own nothing but my own original character and plot.