Chapter 5

The Kings P.O.V

Three ancient beings sat on their thrones, they had ruled with iron fists for over 1,500 hundred years and they would continue to do so to the best of their abilities.

But they were missing something, their true mate, The one to complete them like no other. Until one day a bond formed.

Marcus saw as the bond that connected he and his brothers had seemed to change and reach out for another.

The bond was so delicate, Marcus knew what this meant, His and his brother's mate had just been born.

He watched in fascination as his soul brother's bond that connected him and his brothers strengthened then reached out with a delicate translucent cord to some unknown location, though from the direction Marcus guessed towards North America.

~~~~~~~~

Marcus spent much of the next 18 years watching that bond go from a translucent color to a pale yellow which hopefully one day would turn into bright gold.

He didn't tell his brothers of this change, for they would surely search out their mate and Marcus wanted her to experience a human life before being chained to immortality.

He wanted her to experience all the things he and his brothers couldn't give her before she was chained to them for eternity.

While it filled him with an indescribable rage, he wanted her to experience having a family, falling in love, even heartbreak. He wanted her to have every human experience she could cram into her life before he and his brothers found her.

What he didn't count on was her coming to them, So when he witnessed the bond suddenly flare into a dull gold he watched it in fascination.

He knew he could no longer remain silent, he must warn his brothers, Because he knew this meant their mate had learned of the supernatural and was one step closer to finding them, she knew of them and was now feeling the pull of the bond.

He knew it was rare for a human to know of their kind but it was the only explanation for the bond suddenly flaring to life.

What was more curious was how she knew about him and his brothers, the bond would not have turned gold unless she knew their names and who they were.

Marcus offered his hand to his brother as soon as he saw the development, he knew his brothers would be angry but he had done it to protect their mate, he would never regret letting her live a human life.

~~~~~~

Aro stumbled slightly as he saw as his brother expressed emotion for the first time in the last 1000 years.

When Marcus offered his hand Aro was ecstatic, his brother has kept him from his thoughts for the last 50 years or so.

He grabbed his brother's hand with excitement, he heard his brother's depressing thoughts from over the last 50 years, it was much the same as before, until he got to a certain day 18 years ago.

He was seething as he watched his brother hide their mate bond from them.

He could understand his reasonings but it didn't make any of his uncontrollable anger dissipate.

He could have had his mate with him and his brothers for years now, instead, he had experienced an empty marriage that was more of a hindrance than a relief as of the last 300 years.