Thought of getting married have never crossed her mind, initially she wonder why people who proclaimed to love each other for eternity, end up not even talking and some becomes mortal enemies. She's seen more destruction in marriage than gladness. Nevertheless, trying the boyfriend thing won't hurt anyone, especially if Isma'il is not going to be on her trial list. She do really needs to consider that aspect now that some guys are seeing her as a lady. Oh she's always look like one since she hits puberty. It will make sense to say she's more approachable now, even though her aura still command respect.

They do really need to talking about it. What should she do when someone other than Isma'il asked her out? Abbah knew a day like that was coming, when at least a guy will have interest in his baby girl. He should have thought much about it, instead of always sweeping in under the rug. Noorur-rahman is growing up real quick without a notice, or that he refused to see.

"Like you said, my dear. You will be eighteen, so there's no need to rush. Having a boyfriend is doesn't have age requirements. All in due time, my dear. All in due time. "

"So, it means no boys?" Her brows knitted at once staring abbah. Abbah's eyes grew wistful as he recalled the infant Noor. And now she seems to have grown to point of talking about boys with him. However, abbah is glad she came to him, like she always have.

"No, not entirely, Noor. At this point, I don't think I can stop the guys from approaching  you. You just have to open your eyes wide open because not all the guys out there are good."

"In a nutshell, you mean I can have a boyfriend?"

"I really thought Asad is your boyfriend."

Noor laughed, "I'm very sure you know he isn't.

"I was joking, though aiming for a confession." They both laughed. "It's getting dark abbah, am I allowed to drive at night?"

"Don't worry, if you are late Isma'il will take you back in his car." He assured, he's beginning to enjoy her presence and deep down have been glad she didn't left the country. Else they would have already settle with video calls.

"And mine?"

"I will send it with the driver tomorrow morning." Noor nodded, her thought drip back to their talk, making her wonder about a lot things at once. Abbah tapped her hand lightly to bring her attention back to him.

"You can not be reckless, Noorie. Living a reckless life is no good for anyone. I know you're grown up, a lot of guys will approach you now. Some will be too much of sweet talkers. They can make you feel like they have already gotten you the moon. But I know I raised a smart girl, so no late night parties, the crowd is not even your thing. You can have a boyfriend too, but I must approve of him first." Abbah concluded with a smile making Noor sad from the inside. Her heart sank in her stomach.

A lone tear roll down cheek making it hard her for to face her abbah at that moment. Noor knew if she never open her mouth,  her abbah will never know that she isn't the most innocent and purest soul as he believe. She wiped the tear and force a smile on her face.

"I don't want a boyfriend, abbah.  I know you always want me to be happy and not once have you forced me to do anything. You have always been proud of me. And that's all I ever wanted in this life. I will always need you to be proud of me, abbah. Always!"

......

"Hey, that's a very bad habit!" Nadia said in her thick Britain accent with a scowl on her face.

"Which one?" Noor asked slightly turning her face to look at her roommate for clarity. She's going through her school work which she failed to do during the weekend.