The letter

Hazels p.o.v

" I um well, it's- I um- " I stuttered as he stood there, arms crossed and eye brow raised waiting for me to present a proper sentence.

" I uh I was dropping by my medications " I stuttered at first but somehow I believed my lie as did he but it didn't stop him from eyeing the mail that was once in my hand and now flat on the floor.

I rushed to pick them up with his help as we began setting them were they were placed as I left the one with Aaron's name on the top. My hands were still trembling and he noticed it, it was clear that I was nervous and tensed.
He got the idea that I needed to be left alone so he left me enough time for me to fold the envelope and tuck it in my front pocket.
Before leaving I made sure everything was put in place and that the door was shut as I left it.
I had no intentions on opening the envelope at the moment despite how eager I am to but I just didn't want to stall enough that I already have. I assumed I had enough time to place it in my room encase It falls out or anything.

I tried hiding the fact that I was anxious the whole day, other than the fact that Tyler knew being the one who caught me, I noticed Alec stare at me most of the time or mainly stare at my leg that keeps jumping up and down or how I dig my nails into my palm intensely.
It scared me how he could still see through me despite the lack of connection we have lately.
Trying to avoid his eye contact, I walked over to Melanie and Anna who have finished sorting out the dips and the drinks.

" Hey, " I poked Melanie.
I was at peace knowing Melanie had had the time to grasp her emotions and think them through enough for her to be enlightening as she always is.

" Well, good morning to you too " She smugly smiled.

" You got me, I'm sorry I should've been the one helping out here. " I smiled apologetically
which she nudged me to not approving the fact that I had to apologize for it.

" Shut up "

" So, are you almost done setting up? "

" yeah I guess that's about it. "
with that we sat done far by the playground where Adam was playing as we sat by the bench.
The weather was breezy, the clouds darkening our surroundings as it felt like it was about to rain. It was the perfect weather, although it was pretty gloomy.

" You seem intense. " She pointed out.

" You noticed? " I questioned her worried that it was too evident.

" Me? I can barely notice myself being intense. Blake came over to talk to me earlier about it and mentioned that Alec noticed and wanted me to check up on you. "

" So they sorta know already. "

" Yeah I guess. " She nodded.

" So are you going to tell me what happened? " She asked me persistently but respectfully.

" Yesterday, after what went on I left to sleep in dads room, I dozed off and led myself on the floor. I thought I saw something beneath the bed as I wanted to reach to check what it was dad barged the door open leaving whatever it was that I saw meaningless, so earlier I wanted to check what it was but it wasn't there, but by the door I found mail and checks that Anne must've slipped under the door and well one of them had Aaron's name on it , so I took it. "

" You what? "

" It was underneath the door meaning he hasn't seen it so It's fine. Oh and let's not forget the fact that Tyler walked in on me checking the paper work. I lied and said I brought my medication over. "