A human pole

Hazel's P.O.V.
Monday finally rolled in despite how bad I dislike Monday's I felt relieved that the weekend was finally over.

You know how Mondays can be, the beginning of a dreadful tiring week, it was like drinking bitter soda, at first it's bitter, but you end up getting used to its taste, liking it the more you drink.
Lame metaphor, I know.
Since it was a Monday it had to be the worst, starting off the day with physics wasn't what we were rearing for, but hey at least I'm not alone this time.

" Penny for your thoughts? " Melanie protested engulfing me into a hug before sitting in the seat next to mine.

" Don't you think a penny isn't enough? My thoughts are worth a lot. " I retorted smirking back at her

" I know they are, but I am Broke! "

" Miss Smith, quiet down, please. I'm sure no one wants to hear about your financial problems, but your friend. " Mr. Lincoln stated loudly for the entire class to hear and by far everyone had their eyes on us, Melanie to be specific who had her cheeks flushed.

" Sir, I'm sorry for intruding, but don't you think that if she whispered it to Hazel you would've asked her to share it with the entire class? She was just getting to the point. "
Blake stepped in.

" take a seat and remain quiet. Speak only when spoken to. " Mr. Lincoln instructed huffing in annoyance.

" Sorry sir, but I've been taught to stand up for myself along with my friends. Don't mind me learning a lesson. "
By now, half of the class began to bicker, others had smug smiles etched on their faces and, Melanie, I and Amelia tried to contain our laughter before the situation came out of hand.

" I'm glad, now please quiet down and let me lecture, so the others learn a lesson. "

" The stage is all yours. "
Blake gleamed whispering to us.
" fifteen minutes of class gone, thirty left to go. "

" Gotta go! " Blake waved Mr. Lincoln before being acknowledged that he'd be seeing him in detention.

Class by class passed and none of the guys were seen. We shared most of our classes yet they didn't show up to any.
" Have any of you seen the guys today? I haven't seen them since Saturday. " I asked Melanie, who walked with me to the cafeteria.
Amelia followed along, but as usual, she wouldn't tag along in our conversations, but it doesn't mean I didn't hear her mutters to herself here and there.
" If only you knew "

" Excuse me, did you say something? " I obliged

" I was talking to myself " Amelia muttered walking past us parting her way.

" You shouldn't worry about them. They'll show up eventually. " Melanie assured me beaming before joining Amelia as they waited in line for lunch.

Starting in the bare air, I couldn't catch a single familiar face even Blake who showed up earlier disappeared.
Out of nowhere, Alex showed up freaking the hell out of me. At least I assume it's Alex.

I still haven't spoken to Alessandro from the day he exposed my feelings to his family of me feeling like a burden. It's not that he hasn't tried. At first, he did yes, but when he knew there'd be no use he gave up.
I miss him though and after thinking about it. He was only trying to help, so I guess I've got some apologizing to do.

" Earth to Hazel!! " One of the twins exclaimed waving his hands in front of me.

" I know I'm good-looking Hazel, but come on daydreaming is far past the line "
Yep! Definitely Alexander.

" You're just too full of yourself. "

" what can I say? I'm confident. That's all. "

" Trust me I know confidence when I see it and that's not it. That's more like arrogance. " I spoke then finished off what I was going to ask him.
" Quick question, do you know where the guys are? "