Places

Tylers P.O.V

" It hurts. " She sobbed as I felt my heart aching for her as she cried in my arms.

The way she said it proved how she's struggling and how she's still trying to fight whatever it is that's trying to take her down.

Knowing Alec's intentions weren't to hurt her, it didn't stop me from feeling raged wanting to beat the hell out of him for putting her in this state, her lowest state.

The state where you sit and sob over the burdens that you've been holding onto your chest the whole time assuming they'd run off if you ignored them, but they prove us wrong as we sob over them at our weakest states.

The state where you don't know what your mind is telling you to do.

When you just want all the pain to go away...

When all that you're left with is your sorrow.

I soothed her wrapping my arms around her as she shook in tears.
" Shhh, It's okay. I got you. " She froze as soon as I said those words and looked at me straight in my eyes with her hazel orbs that held tears and pain among them.

" It's not okay. I'm not okay. "

" Hey, it's just a matter of state you'll get better. " I half-heartedly smiled hoping it'll lead her to trust me.

" Nothing gets better Tyler. Once, the damage is done you'll always be broken. May be fixed but broken. "
She choked tears falling down her cheeks and in that moment after I heard those words leave her lips I realized it was true and that she was both hurt and broken, but not fixed.

If only she knew that it wasn't only her in this state.
I wanted to tell her that I knew how it felt. That I can relate, that I understand, but I couldn't.

After searching in her eyes for months for that look and what it meant I finally realized every bit of it.

She lost hope in trusting people which only explains why she didn't let us in that easily.

Something caused her this, someone.

" It's the broken pieces that form a beautiful masterpiece once you trust others and let them help you form a more beautiful form than it once was. " I spoke as I held her in my arms.

", but when it breaks down again you can no longer fix it. " She replied hurt in her eyes and I couldn't assure her more, but chose to keep it to myself.

" This can get pretty long if we start using buts especially since both of us can get pretty stubborn. " I smiled as she lightly chuckled as I felt her slight shake and the sound of her quiet chuckle.

" Tyler. "

" Yeah? "

" You know what hurts the most. "

" mmm "

" Inconsistency. Especially when they choose to disappear and not give you an explanation as to why they chose to leave you which just makes you doubt yourself, wondering what could be the reason that they left you for. If you ask me I've got dozens of reasons to why people choose to leave me, yet I'm not sure which one it is. If I knew, at least I'll try to change it. "

" Hey don't say that. Never doubt yourself or try to change yourself for others. They're the ones that have lost something worth a dozen, not you. "

" Say that to my mentality. " She chuckled in a defeated way.

" Here, let me take you somewhere that might bring your hopes up. " I spoke up as she nodded following along.

I saw the way she stared at herself through the mirror and gasped as she turned to me.

" Why didn't you tell me that I had makeup smeared on my face?! " she hissed in a whispered tone.

" Do you not know that a guy is never supposed to tell a girl that her makeup is ruined especially while she's crying? Plus, you don't look bad. "

" I hate makeup. I hate that I have to wear it for people when I hate the feeling of it. " She ranted as she began to wipe off her makeup.

I chose to stay quiet as I drove off, her still wiping off the leftovers of her makeup. I don't know what girls call it.

" Why do you wear it then? " I asked turning to her once I parked the car.

" Makeup? " She questioned turning to me defeated.

" I didn't before, I'm the opposite of other girls. When I'm happy I don't wear make-up, but when I'm sad I try the best to hide my flaws hoping people wouldn't realize the change of my moods. "

" mmm," I nodded assuming she'd finish.

" Are you ready? " I opened her door for her waiting hoping that this place can help her the way it helped me.

A nod my way and we began to walk down a path, passing by trees and far into the woods where the beautiful destiny was upon us.

Hazel didn't show any sign yet. She was quiet as usual but this time it was as if she was deep in thought, but then a smile formed her lips as she turned to me.

" Is this your place? " she asked me, but a look of confusion was written on my face as she finished.

" You know, the place you go to when you aren't feeling yourself. The place that accompanies you when nobody else does. "

" Yeah, I guess it is. " I chuckled at the thought of it.

" I found this place two years ago. One night I was so exhausted and drunk I found myself the next day under these trees, the sound of the water is my alarm. I guess something drew me to it. From that day I began to show up on different occasions. Especially when I was pissed. It was like my secret hiding place when I had enough of the guys and mom's distress. I chose not to tell anyone about it. I felt the need to keep it to myself, but you?
I felt like I had to show you this place.

" Not to ruin the moment or anything Tyler, but this was also the place I came to when I ran off the other day and got lost. I don't know what it is, but something drew me to this place too and I relaxed when I came here. I didn't want to leave, but I get afraid of the dark so I couldn't stay any longer. It's funny, I actually claimed it to be my place too. "

" How'd you find it? " I questioned confused

" I have no clue, that day I felt strayed, not just physically, but also mentally. I just followed where my feet took me, so I guess it wasn't different from the way you found this place. "

" I guess it's not my place anymore. " I joked lightly chuckling.

" Nope, you're stuck with me wherever you go. " She lightly smiled but frowned before finishing what she had to say.

" I'll promise not to come here when you do. "

" Ditto. "

It was a matter of state when we knew we had to leave after the time we got to share as we shared information about ourselves. I never knew or thought that there would be a day where I would be sitting in that one place I feel careless, with someone to accompany me let alone, Hazel.

The girl that is broken but a piece to someone's broken vase, if only she knew that she wasn't just broken.

---------------------------------
Hey guys!! Hope everyone's well!!
Super duper sorry for updating late. I got caught up with my finals and work again, forgive me. 🥺😕
Anyways share your thoughts on the chapter. 🙃
In case y'all are wondering where Alecs p.o.v is I will be posting it tomorrow because I didn't want to confuse you guys and put both p.o.vs in the same chapter, plus I need to edit it, so wait for it tomorrow.
Love you all❤️.