Sleepless Night

"Why did you reject me Liam?" I spoke when I realised he was  awake next to me.It was dark. I only knew he was awake because he had stopped snoring. I felt his head to turn on the pillow. I didn't know which way he was facing, i hoped he was facing towards me. I turned my head hoping he would sense me looking at him. There was a long puse between us.

"I panicked Ana-Lucia" he replied. Panicked about what? Why did he need to panic? Did he not want to be in a relationship with me? If he didn't why was he still lay here? "I didn't know what to do, Aimee needs us to be together and if things went wrong, you might try to take her away, but you can't and i didn't want either of you to get hurt" he whispered, i now realised he was facing me. He was still ontp of the duvet on my double bed that once belonged to the sister i had spent so much tie with in the past. " I understand" i mumbled. I did understand. It hurt though. Does he still feel the same way? I understand if he doesn't. "Do you-" i was cut off by Liam as i started to answer his statement. "I went to Louis's house. He always says the right things. He told me that, I love you and i need to think about my self as well. I decided that I do love you and I do want you, forever. I now realise i blew it." He spoke to me. I think he was referring to the scars, never mind that though, he loves me. I loved him. "I understand if you don't want me now though because of what i have caused" this time he was definitely referring to my scars.

"Li-Liam, this is not you fault" i pulled my arm from under the cover. Hiding my pain as it scraped along the duvet. I lay the cut filled arm next to his. "I love you Liam and no cuts or scars will change that." It was getting lighter outside now, i could make out the facial expressions Liam was making infront of me. I saw his eyes staring at my arm, making me realise maybe showing him wasn't such a good idea. I tried to cover my arm back under the cover. As i did he grabbed my arm, i think he did it harder than he expected to. I let out a wince of pain. "Sorry" he released my arm almost instantly. "What time is it Liam?" he picked up his phone which lit up his face. "6:15" he spoke calmly.

"Liam are you crying?" I looked to his face, lit up by the phone. He wiped the tear that was rolling down his face onto the pillow. "I-I-I i just love you so much" he cried. "Why are you crying then? I love you too" i sat up and held his chin up towards me. "I was so close to loosing you" he wiped his eyes.

"Mummy? Daddy?" a voice asked from behind Liam's head. I looked at Liam, i was 18 in two weeks, i had an idea. Before i could say anything i needed to sort things out between us first. "Yes Aimee Baby" i replied. "Can we go to the park?" i glanced at Liam and he smiled back. Simultaneously we nodded our heads to Aimee. Liam got up and walked back into his room to get ready to go out. I sat at my desk looking in the mirror. I scanned myself. I often did this. Scanned myself thinking of all the good and then the bad things about myself. 

I stood in the mirror. Looking at my body. I was only in my bra and underwear. I star at my scar ridden legs and front. Down my arms was dry blood that had been produced over the duration of the sleepless night. "Dont." one word was spoke behind me. Liam looked at me in the doorway turning back into his room before i had chance to say anything more. He was right, i needed to stop doing this to myself. I carried on getting ready, it was summer now. I couldn't wear any short sleeve tops but it looked like it was going to be one of the hottest day of the year. I found the mst summery long sleeve top i owned at put it on carefully trying to avoid splitting any cuts. 

I got dressed into a pink long sleeve superdry top and some denim skinny jeans. If you knew me well enough, you could tell i had recently cut from what i was wearing. It had been so long since i had last cut yesterday was just an outburst. "Aimee go and play on the swings for a bit" Liam spoke kindly to her. I looked up and Aimee ran into the distance, her long brown hair trailing behind her. She was so beautiful. "She looks like you, you know?" Liam spoke. I flushed. "Thank you" i replied. 

We sat on the bench watching Aimee in the park. She had so much energy. I had missed out on so  much of her life when i was in Australia, thats in the past now though and thats where its going to stay, i am here now fr here present and her future. "Ana-Lucia, Aimee has dancing tonight." i nodded to him. "Would you like to go on a date with me, in that hour." I flushed. Yesterday while Aimee was at dancing, Liam rejected me, now he is asking me on a date. "I would be honered Liam" I smiled. 

We walked back home. Aimee had dancing in an hour. I told her to go and get ready. She had a little black leotard she wore with a little tu-tu and some black glittery pumps. She was small for her age, so her clothes needed to be a age smaller than the age she was, so on her birthday and christmas clothes ther people bought her needed to be swapped fr a smaller size. I went in my room to find some clothes for our date. I put my hair up into a messy bun and put some make-up on only adding eye liner and lip gloss leaving the make-up from earlier in the day. I put on some black leggings, they were kind of see through but you could only just make out a few scars. I found a over-sized black tee and put that on. I found a cardigen, it was the one i wore the night i met Liam. 

I walked into the bathroom catching a glimpse of Liam as i was going. he was wearing a suit. Was i under dressed, where was he taking me? I walked into the bathroom leaving the door open behind me and got out my tooth brush. "You look beautiful" I looked to left to see Liam getting his toothbrush out. I flushed. "You look Handsome Liam" i replied. He did. I was so happy to be going on a date with him. I was only thirteen when we met and he was nineteen. I was now seventeen, eighteen in two weeks and Liam was twenty-four. I think i started to fall for him even when i was so young, he helped me when i needed it most. I looked at his face. I lifted my hand and rubbed my fingers to a scar he had on his cheek. He pushed my hand away. "Did i cause that? The night of the concert." I asked, scarcely. "Its in the past now." he replied softly. Even in such a young state i was still able to scar someone i would later love. If only he knew how i was in America, if only. Thats in the past aswell now; i hope. "Time to go" Liam smiled at me. I nodded in deep thought.