𝒳𝐿𝐼𝒱

"Yaxley put Del under the imperious curse."

-Sirius' Pov-

Holy fucking shite.

Out of all the possibilities and scenarios the marauders and I spoke about as we watched our friend with her Merlin awful ex-boyfriend dance, nothing could have prepared us for him to get down onto one knee and purpose.

Yet that wasn't even the worst part. Delphinus Malfoy was expected to return home. Abraxas was known and feared by all, even Wallburga and Orion respected the man's high power. And now Del, a known blood-traitor by all of Slytherin, was supposed to return back to Malfoy Manor after six years of no contact. No, no that couldn't happen. I know how this will end, I lived in that life, and Del is just as stubborn as I when it came down to her views on the muggle attacks, she would be tortured to insanity behind those dark walls.

My deathly glare immediately shot towards Lucius, the boy who claimed to love Del, who claimed himself to be her brother, her twin nonetheless. He knew where this would lead, how could he allow this? How could he give not only his blessing to Leo, but allow for him to reach out to Abraxas?

He looked frozen in his place, appalled even like he'd been petrified still. Good. He should be scared because I swear the second I get the chance, so help me Merlin I am going to murder him with my own hands.

"Yes."

My head swung back to Del. What? Why, why the fuck did she just say that? I could hear the applause, the booes, and the gasps, but all I could focus on was the heart-broken sob by my best mate besides me.

James practically stumbled backwards as he heard her agreement, he just got her back not too long ago after the incident with Lily, but just like that he lost her again, but this time was different.

This wasn't caused by his idiotic words or by her shying away from her feelings, no, this was caused because Delphinus Malfoy had just accepted Leo Greengrass' hand in engagement, and if anyone knew how these types of marriages went, it was me. With Abraxas now involved, the highly respected families following not long behind him, they were doomed. With her agreement Del not only gave up her last name, but her freedom, happiness, and physical well-being in the process.

She knew it too, the second the lights flickered back on and then crowds rushed towards Leo, Del slipped out of the large throng and quickly raced out the large doors. Her shoulders shaking with silent sobs and her hand blocking her face from anyone's eyes, from my eyes.

I sighed in defeat as I watched all the promises I shared with her in that valley when she told me what truly happened to her slipped away into nothing, I couldn't protect her anymore, and neither could James.

By the thought of him, I hesitantly looked over towards my best mate who starred with pure fury at Leo Greengrass who was hardly in sight with all the students around him, yet even through the small crack where the two held eye contact, he sent James a wink, he knew he had just won.

James attempted to take a step forward, but Remus stopped him, it was no use. Not only was the setting far too public for what he had planned for the proud boy in the centre, but we all knew that no matter the cruel words or harsh beating he could give him, nothing would be able to change the fate that was now set in stone.

Peter, who stood between James and I, looked over to me fearfully. Even without growing up in pure-blooded homes, he knew. They all did. They all saw how I looked last Christmas.

"You and Remus take care of James, get him out of here. I'm going to go follow Del." I whispered to him and he nodded vigorously while practically pushing me into the direction of the doors. We both knew something was wrong, Del would never say yes to him, so I needed to find out what he had done to her, what he threatened her with.

Twisted Love | James PotterOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara