𝒳𝒳𝐼𝐼𝐼

"That's Remus' mum?"

Blinding bright lights shined through my eyelids as the sounds of doors sliding open and shut, grunts and hisses of pain, people talking in low voices, the intercom calling out codes and directions, squeaky wheelchairs, the clack of keyboards, and a low-volumed radio all immediately harassed my ears, then the scent of lemon cleaners, antiseptic, a metallic tang from stainless steel in the open air, bleach wafting from bedding, and obnoxious perfumes of 'get well' flowers quickly flooded my nose, making me slightly scrunch it with displeasure.

First, I felt cold metal bed rails, soft pillows, and crisp sheets, but then the hot, deep, burning, sharp, dull, achy, stabbing, headache trailed right after, then the prick of a needle, a sweaty forehead and the fact that I had a smooth plastic remote of some sort lightly placed under the faint grip of my fist.

I quickly opened my eyes with both concern and confusion, none of these sounds, scents, or sensations felt familiar, yet the second my silver was revealed to the world I immediately regretted it, everything was uncomfortably white and clean, the lights were a cold toned white, almost carrying a bluish tone which almost fried my irises the second they were met with the brightness.

Where in the bloody hell was I?

Thankfully, a short women with thick dark brown curls and dark green scrubs walked through the wooden door with a clipboard and sorrow filled facial expression, she let out a sigh of stress as she dropped the metal and paper onto the desk in the corner and sat into the small swivel chair letting her head fall into her hands in the process.

The woman seemed to have given herself a small shake down before she ran her hands through her hair, her wedding ring tangling within the dark strands before she finally looked up.

A surprised gasp left her lips, which was quickly formed into a smile, "You're awake!".

"Where am I?" I croaked out, I hadn't known how dry my mouth and throat had been until I finally opened them.

What the fuck was going on?

My question seemed to have morphed her relieved persona back into a panicked one as she frowned with concern.

"What is the last thing you remember, Delphinus?"

I opened my mouth to speak yet no words came out, what was the last thing I remembered?

I pondered over the thought for a few moments, first I left the Slytherin common room while drunk and high out of my mind, then what?

"I uhm, I left the Slytherin common room-"

"While intoxicated." The woman added, I winced at her words yet her tone didn't hold disappointment or anger, she was just simply finishing my sentence.

"Right." I awkwardly breathed out.

"Then what happened?"

"I- I can't- I don't know."

The woman nodded sympathetically as she picked up the clipboard and began to jot down notes with a muggle pen.

"Yet you obviously seem to. Care to inform me on what I missed, or better yet where and why I am here?" I snapped but quickly slapped a hand over my mouth by how rudely it had sounded, "Sorry." mumbled as I leaned my head back onto the pillow, bad move.

The back of my head began to throb violently as white hot knives jammed my brain, was I hungover or something?

The woman didn't seem offended by my harsh tone, not even in the slightest, instead she noticed my pain and rushed over to the plastic bag that had been connected to my arm by a thin tube and quickly turned the notch slightly, raising the dosage of the mysterious drug.