𝐿

Part one:

Now, it was no surprise that children and even adults of all ages were up all night, for it be the stress of if their family enjoys the gifts they bought, or for the excitement of what they were too open in the next few hours.

For the Potter household, it was obvious that their lack of sleep was because of the first paragraph, yet for Del, well she was up for a different reason.

Surprisingly, it wasn't because of her anxiety or nightmares, or even her irrational fear of the dark, no, she was up all night because for the first time in a long time, she was finally writing back and forth with her mother.

-Regulus' Pov-

Bellatrix, Narcissa, and I all sat in the library in Lucius' bloody manor, all of us now treasuring the gifts that had been sent our way from Dee. The others were somewhere scattered around the large mansion with their own presents from our dear friend.

It wasn't like we'd ever tell her, knowing she'd immediately add galleons worth of stuff onto our lists, but whatever she sent us on the holidays were the only gifts we'd ever received.

None of us bought anything for eachother. Not because we didn't care, but because it simply wasn't how we were raised, the affectionate holiday was laughable in all our families, but that didn't mean we all wouldn't buy presents for her. Obviously we have manners.

Bellatrix sat across from Narcissa and I on Abraxas' reading chair, she had her feet, which still acquired her dirty black boots, resting on the small couch-side, circle, table beside her with disrespect as a black cat rested in her lap.

The shock we all felt when we saw a kitten carrier resting beside everyone else's gifts was unexplainable. I know Del would fight to Bella's defence, but out of all people to give a small helpless animal too, she chose her?

Acting like she could hear my judgmental thoughts, Bella sent me a scowl for staring in her direction for too long.

"What will you name him?" Narcissa asked with awe as her eyes trailed over the innocent creature like it were foreign. As if we didn't have hundreds of the bloody things running and pissing their way around Hogwarts.

I don't like cats if you couldn't tell, I have always been a dog person but of course in our family, dogs, unless it be murderous and cold-blooded, were viewed as disgusting slobbery creatures, but of course cats represented independence and class.

Disgusting.

"I suppose I'll name him Draco," Bellatrix sighed as she petted the small fluff ball on her lap, though it was almost unbelievable, I could've sworn I saw her smile at it.

Narcissa awed once again, complementing the stupid and unoriginal name.

Merlin, was I in an insufferable mood.

But honestly, when will we end the constellation names?

It was still late, or technically extremely early. None of us had even gone to sleep yet, but after we got back to the manor we noticed the presents beside the door and the lot of us all split off into our own groups.

Lucius and Nashira were still in the company of the Dark Lord, as well as my parents, so it was only us in the whole house and we didn't let a second to waist, even though we may not all be in the same room, the ruckus that echoed in the large lonely corridors told me that Bellatrix wasn't the only one disrespecting the Malfoy rules.