𝒳𝒳𝒳𝒱𝐼

|TW|
Suicidal Thoughts/Attempt

"Were you the one who hurt her?"

The second Dumbledore had dismissed the crowd, the marauders jumped up and ran towards the door, yet they didn't walk through but waited until their blonde friend stumbled out of her seat and limped towards the exit, her intoxication radiating off of her like a spot-light and it didn't take long before Sirius spotted her in the throng of Slytherins and quickly grasped her wrist and pulled her out and away from Landon.

"What the hell?" She slurred with annoyance, but once they exited the hall she looked up to see all four boys staring down at her.

"Drink this." Remus demanded as he reached for a small vile in his bag and placed it into her hands, Del knew what potion lay within her palms which is why she looked up at them with a stubborn glare.

"No." She huffed, she was willing to speak with them and follow wherever they planned to take her, but she wasn't willing to give up her peaceful intoxication because she knew the second she reached sobriety was the second she would just go into another panic attack.

They all cocked their heads back with surprise, her tone wasn't aggressive, though it showed that she wasn't giving any room for negotiation, she was really about to fight over her own sobriety with them.

"What is going on with you?" James asked in an aggressive whisper, "Last night scared the shit out of all of us, Del, we're worried! And then you show up to the Great Hall drunk off your arse with Landon Whitmore? What is going on?"

"Last night scared the shit out of you guys?" Del replied with the same hoarse tone, a taunting smile growing on her face as she thought of many things she was able to say in the moment to get them to back off, yet thankfully Sirius caught on to her defensive tactics and quickly jumped in before she spluttered something she would regret.

"Listen, we don't want to argue or anything here. All we want is to make sure you're okay, I know we weren't the only ones scared last night and we understand-"

"You don't understand Sirius." Del slurred angrily, she had a choice to make and seeing them made her realise that she couldn't let anything else happen to her friends, as much as she loathed it, she made her decision.

"Then help us understand!" James begged.

Unshed tears began to form in her eyes as she let her walls build, she had her fun and she shared her story, but it was time for her to wake up and recognize that it needed to come to an end. "No, don't do that, Del, don't shut us out, we can help." Sirius panicked, he saw the way her eyes dulled and the way her face dropped, he knew what was about to come and he knew that if they didn't solve it quickly then they may never will.

"No, you can't," Del shrugged, "Look what happened to Lily, that was because of me, you guys need to open your eyes and understand that things are going to change, they have to, I won't let anyone else get hurt because of me."

Everyone's mouths shut as they grasped what she was saying, Lily was put in the hospital wing because of her, the reason she had a panic attack was because she feared for what their reactions would be, because of this very talk.

"Don't say that, Del" James said as he walked closer to her, "Were you the one who hurt her?" He asked with a knowing tone that helped them all comprehend where he was going with this.

"No, but-"

"Were you the one that raised a wand to her or were you the one that got her to the infirmary to help save her life?" He continued until he finally stood directly in front of her, she attempted to reply, but once she opened her mouth no words were able to flow out so James spoke for her, "I don't know what happened, but what I do know is that it wasn't you who put her in there, I don't care what the motive was, it wasn't your fault, okay? Now take the sobering potion because whatever has you high or drunk off your arse if messing with your emotions, we're going to go to the Hospital Wing and you can tell us what happened there okay? I know that last night you were scared that we would have a bad reaction, but, Delphinus, I promise you that no matter the reason, unless you put her there or had someone do it for you, we are not mad at you, we're mad at the sick fuck that made you believe it's your fault." He finished before pulling her tense body into a hug where she then completely shattered, he was right about the mix of alcohol and weed in her system, it had completely disrupted her emotions making her a sobbing mess, but she couldn't blame it all on the influence she was under, she couldn't even begin to describe the pure relief she felt by his words.