𝒳𝒳𝒳𝐼𝒳

"After the Yule Ball . . . she's mine, mate."

-Colton's Pov-

Cepheus, Vinton, Cal, and I snuck back into the large castle after having a quick smoke in the courtyards, we got a little carried away, or Cal did at least, he was violently hungover, which was why all four of us were now running down the halls with snickers and aggressive shushing in attempt to make it to breakfast before it ended without getting caught.

Vinton and I were side by side with determination whilst Cal and our cousin were slightly behind us, they weren't foodies like my brother and I, most Britz, as we like to call them, weren't, or at least not like us Americans were.

It was odd moving to another country, to have to leave everything that was normal for us. My brother lost the most though, his fiancé obviously wasn't pleased with the sudden change. They attempted to make things work, long distance and all that jazz, but there's only so much a vulnerable 17 year old girl can handle, they broke off the wedding last week and ever since he's had a different girl in his bed every night, his way of coping I guess.

Me on the other hand . . . well lets just say I was never able to stick with one girl, I would try, I would pour my heart into the relationship, but in the end they never worked and at a certain point I had to just wake up and realise love isn't for me. Yet that didn't mean I didn't lose anything. Not to sound like a conceited dick, but everyone loved me back at Ilvermorny, my reputation was spotless, full of nothing but Quidditch, intelligence, attractiveness, and my flattering charismatic skills. I had definitely been humbled the second I walked in the large doors and no one turned to look at me or acknowledge my existence.

A part of me is somewhat pleased to be in a new area, it was almost refreshing, but I was an extrovert, I loved and craved the attention from others, so the other part of me loathed my parents for their short notice decision.

You may be wondering, 'why was that decision made in the first place?' Well let's just say my uncle, who was embarrassingly enough my D.A.D.A. teacher, Professor Parkinson, had written to my father for the first time in years. If I'm being honest I could hardly remember what he said it was about, but it was something to do about the upcoming war. I only hoped they were on the right side of things.

"I want to fuck my best friend." Cal blurted in a hushed whisper, causing Vinton, Cepheus and I to stop in our steps, we actually stopped on our path for food to turn around and stare at our cousin with shock, had he heard what we had? It wasn't exactly a conversation we were expecting to have in such early hours.

Vinton had recovered quicker than I had, his head bowing with silent laughter as he hit my arm repeatedly, "I called it." He 'whispered' with immature giggles leaving his mouth. I, too, bowed my head in laughter while reaching into my pocket and handing him a singular galleon. He always had such a strong suspicion that Cal was in love with Regulus, I guess I called him stupid for nothing.

"How did you two know? That obvious?" He asked while awkwardly rubbing the back of his neck with a quiet laugh, the two finally reached right behind us and we soon turned around to become face to face.

"Is it obvious? You two are practically inseparable." Vinton belted with his jaw dropped, I quickly slapped his shoulder, a warning to be more polite, Cal was just about to come out to all of us which must've been scary. We could at least show some respect.

Cal shook his head with disagreement, "As if! We used to be but I've hardly been with 'em' this year, not in public at least."

"Bullshit. You two sit together everyday!"