𝒳𝒳𝒳𝐼𝐼𝐼

"Who said I was going with you to the Yule Ball?"

December had hit everyone as quickly as the Hogwarts Express, yet even with the time jump it felt as if they were all still living in the past, the incident between the Malfoy siblings was still spreading around the school like a wildfire, especially Lucius' punishment.

He'd been charged with assault and was only sentenced to a one-week suspension, kicked off of school premises where he was undoubtedly rewarded for his gnarly behaviour towards his sister by his father.

Nashira had written Del the second Lucius was sent home, she apologised and apologised since she was probably the only one who was able to understand how much Lucius' actions impacted her, she explained that even with Abraxas praises she showed nothing more but disappointment and the cold shoulder towards her son.

She wished she were able to do more, to give him some sort of punishment or anything to help him realise that he was in the wrong, but sadly, with the position she was in, Abraxas wouldn't dare let her harm or bring any negative emotion to his dear son.

Because in his eyes his actions were only to be rewarded.

But at Hogwarts, the second Del's friends heard about the incident all hell broke loose, practically all of Gryffindor and Hufflepuff had ganged up on the Slytherins who deserved it, pranks and harassment were thrown left and right towards Fornax, Leo, Rigel, and Cargo.

Even the Slytherins who had begun turning their backs onto Del started to view the group differently, the Dark Lord's followers included.

Corvus had sent all four of them to the hospital wing and even though each and every student and professor knew he had been the cause of their injuries, he still faced little to no punishment for his beatings.

Practically all four of them stopped showing their face around campus, even their parents, who taught them all their prejudiced ways, sent howlers exclaiming their disappointment towards their children which brought surprise to everyone in the Great Hall, it was a known fact that Del wasn't favoured by the Sacred 28, she was as looked down on as Sirius or another blood-traitor.

Yet it was the children that wrote their parents about the incident that caused this, because no matter what she would do, no person in their right mind would be able to hate someone like Delphinus Malfoy, the names of all the students involved began to spread which was every prejudiced pure-bloods fear.

Their name and other people's opinions meant everything to them, so no matter how they truly felt about the situation, the second they hear a bad gossip being spread on their blood, they do whatever is possible to stop the mayhem.

Even now that Lucius was back at school, and all the others were out of the hospital wing, they were looked down on, which caused a whole new level of hatred towards the female Malfoy.

On a different note, Sirius had thankfully fixed the mistake he made by showing James the clothes Euphemia had given Del by saying he must've accidentally packed them thinking they were his and thankfully James somehow never caught onto the lies being told to him.

Sirius and Del would do anything they could to keep 'Mystery Girl' just as that, a mystery.

* * *

"They're glaring again." Lily shuffled uncomfortably as her eyes kept averting towards the Slytherin table and back towards Del, ever since the five came back they never dared say a word in her direction, just sent constant threatening glares towards her and her friends' direction.