𝒳𝐿𝒱

A/N:

I won't lie this chapter got outta hand and I'm lowkey disappointed with the way this turned out.

"Play with fire and you're only bound to get burned'"

The early sun began to rise over the large mountains and shine over Hogwarts academy. Today was one of the very rare days that students chose to wake up early as they excitedly awaited and packed for the train that would take them back to their homes.

Some loved and some dreaded this time to come. Del being the few students who always hated this day. Even from the very beginning, it always pained for the young girl to say her partings to her friends and family while she was forced to stay at the school, yet this year was different then all the rest, for she wasn't forced to stay because she had nowhere to go, but because her new fiancé wouldn't allow it.

No one knew that the two students weren't leaving to Malfoy Manor immediately, which was why when Marlene and Lily woke up to not only Del's empty bed, but with none of her items packed, they decided to help the girl, thinking that she either forgot or just never had the time to do so herself.

Placing all her cold weather attire, some pyjamas, and some normal clothes into the unending briefcase that had 'Delphinus Malfoy' branded at the bottom of it. They also packed up her toiletries including the beauty bag they'd grabbed from outside of James' door before they left and her shampoo and conditioner set before they ran it to the loading dock with her owl where everyone's luggage laid. Everything was supposed to be placed by six in the morning if they wanted it immediately apparated to their destination.

How did they know where to send it all? No one knew, but this was a school of magic so no one exactly questioned it.

If the luggage was not placed in the zone in time, then the students were forced to drag it with them, which sounds easy at first, but the walk to the train was long, very long, even with the short carriage ride, so unless you had your apparition card, then venturing with thirty to fifty plus pounds of clothing plus an owl was not nearly as easy as it sounded, especially in the snowing conditions.

Unless the students were making the walk towards the loading zone, then no one dared to wander the icy halls this early. Though most students were already up, they were all cooped up in their dorms or common rooms making plans with their peers or soaking up the warm fires that each area equipped.

Yet of course, there was always that one student who didn't care about the weather.

Delphinus Malfoy had been sitting in one of the open windows in the corridor nearest to the courtyard as she watched the sunrise. She hadn't sat in the area since the beginning of the year, but because of the memories from the night before, she couldn't bring herself to sit in front of the Black Lake.

From her point of view she could see the small hole in the ice, she'd been watching it slowly freeze over throughout the night, yet even though a small layer now covered where she'd fallen through, it was still visible since the dark blue ragged circle was much darker than the opaque grey that went for miles beyond the mountains.

She still couldn't believe she attempted once again. She regretted it deeply, but not for the reasons that she should. Del was mortified because she knew that this was Sirius' second time saving her life.

Scoffing, she stood up from her spot, she couldn't allow herself to stare at the area anymore, but with her swift standing, she felt the grogginess of her all-nighter affecting her. Del only returned to her dormitory once last night while everyone was deeply asleep to change out of her dress and into an oversized navy t-shirt and a pair of grey sweatpants before she swiftly left, thankful that she hadn't ran into anyone in the process. Just the thought of running into anyone made her sick to her stomach as she looked at the ring that now laid on her finger.