𝒳𝒳𝒳𝐼

"You're just like him, I'm sure you've made dear Abraxas proud."

'Their family probably did this'

'I wouldn't be surprised if they were a part of it too, it does run in their blood after all.'

'Isn't it suspicious they're just now walking in, they probably just wanted to see our reactions'

'A Malfoy and a Black, they're definitely working together.'

'They might be spies, feeding all their information to the Dark Lord.'

'Prejudiced murderer's'

The whispers grew louder and louder as the two stayed frozen in the doorway, both traumatised by the accusations they were facing and the things they were hearing.

Sirius sent glares which silenced people with fear, betrayal fueling his anger as he stared at the people he'd called his friends while Del began cowering away from the room, backing out slowly with a blank facial expression, she already had one house hate her and she didn't need two.

Sirius looked back towards his friends on the couch with a raised eyebrow, waiting for someone to say something, yet no one did.

Not because they believed what the others were saying, they knew the two would never associate themselves with the dark side of magic, but they stayed silent because no one had the ability to speak. Fear that none of them would admit to coursing through all of their veins, it was no secret that this specific group was going to be the biggest target, filled with 'blood-traitors, cross-breeds, mud-bloods, and monsters'.

But Sirius took their silence to heart, genuinely believing that they would think he and Del would do something as such.

His blank and pained face morphed into a smirk as he scoffed while nodding, rolling his tongue on the inside of his cheek he turned around and the two pure-bloods left the room.

The two walked all the way back down to the valley, not a word being said until they crashed onto the grass, panic and fear drowning both of them as they believed that they had just lost the last of their family.

"Why would they think we would do such a thing?" Del angrily asked as she finally broke the silence and looked back up to Sirius who was already holding out a cigarette for her to grab.

"Because it's in our blood." Sirius mimicked, the same anger in his voice as he began laughing by the absurdity of the accusations.

"It genuinely doesn't make sense! If we were just getting back then how would we have done it if we were already gone! I mean honestly those- ugh! I hate Gryffindors." Del began angrily splurging as she pulled on her hair.

"We're Gryffindors, Phinny."

"Shut up, Sirius." She huffed as she snatched the cigarette from his hand, touching the tip of the wrapper with her finger she mindlessly lit the tobacco.

Neither of them seemed to realise what she had done.

"But honestly," Del asked calmly, "Do they really believe we would do such a thing?"

"I have no clue." Sirius shrugged.

* * *

Back in the common room, the panic only seemed to rise as the house full of blood-traitors feared for their future, feared for the upcoming war, guilt began to settle in as they began realising what they said but everyone was far too panicked to start worrying about petty emotions.