𝒳𝒳𝒳𝒱𝐼𝐼

"she slipped off her broom"

Queue 'Space Song' by Beach House:

The second Sirius left the Hospital Wing he began running as fast as he could, he knew how much Lily's words impacted Del, how much fear and agony they must've struck her with. He knew that she was going to try and shut them all out again and he'd be damned if he were going to allow her to suffer alone, she'd done that for long enough and by opening up to Sirius she created a whole new bond that wasn't even describable.

His first instinct was to rush to the valley, the place they two of them used as their escape, but the second he ran out into the courtyard he cursed at the crazed snowfall, the harsh winds and brisk weather almost made him second think if she had even left the castle, but something told him that the inclemency only encouraged her.

Despite the fact he felt he was only seconds away from getting frostbite, Sirius continued his journey to find his platonic soulmate, his legs already aching from the large steps he was forced to take to travel through the thick layers of snow, there had been no way she was on the surface floor, he was able to see the valley from where he stood, and to his disappointment, it had been clear of any sign of life, though he wasn't surprised.

He began thinking of any other spots she could be, she possibly went to the common room, or maybe even the astronomy tower, yet the second he went to turn around to re-enter the castle he noticed something abnormal in the snow.

A trail.

No one else in the right mind would dare leave the warmth of the castle, these weren't playful weathers they were dealing with, even at the early feast the Professors declared they were having a 'Snow-in' meaning it was prohibited to leave the castle under these conditions.

Sirius wasted no time before he quickly began following the footsteps and it didn't take him long before he realised where they were taking him, "She didn't" He groaned under his breath before he reluctantly looked up, hoping he wouldn't see what he was expecting.

The sky seemed empty of any flyers, yet just as he let out a sigh of relief he watched as a figure ascended into the sky at a rapid speed.

"Accio broomstick!" Sirius yelled as he shot his hand out and caught the harsh wood within his palm, she was definitely crazy for going on her broom at a pace like that to such heights, but of course, she was probably doing it for the thrill of it all.

With his broom in hand he quickly jogged through the multiple layers of snow, normally he would try to mount it then and there but with the pillowy material going up to his shins and with the risk of getting seen by a Professor he knew he needed to wait until he got to the pitch where a heating charm was placed over all the sand and grass to stop any snow build up.

Once he finally arrived at the arena he looked up and his heart dropped to his stomach, she was high up, far too high, she was at least one-hundred feet past the red barrier that had been set out to stop the quidditch player from accidentally going past safety levels.

"Del, you need to get lower!" He screamed, but of course his voice didn't travel to her heights, he could hardly even see her, and his panic only rose as he watched a black cloth begin floating down to the floor, her robe, leaving her in just her thin dress shirt, a skirt, and knee high socks. She was going to bloody freeze to death.

"Del!" He screamed again but there was no point, she couldn't hear him, so Sirius quickly mounted his broom as he began flying up towards her but once he began nearing the safety line he began realising just how dangerous this had been.