𝒳𝒳𝒱𝐼𝐼𝐼

Was there supposed to be a lot in this chapter?
Yes.
Did I get anything done in this chapter?
No.

"You were on drugs last night?!"

Confusion.

That was the only word to describe how the Great Hall felt as they witnessed Delphinus Malfoy and James Potter strutting through the large doors without a care in the world, his arm strung around her shoulder with small and contemptuous smiles on their faces.

Making their way towards the Gryffindor table the two joined their confused friends, not giving any context to calm their appalled faces, the two ignored all looks that were sent their way as they acted as if everything was normal, because for them, everything was, if not better.

Sirius, non-shockingly, was the first to say something, "You two shagged." He stated 'matter of factly', it was the only explanation why the two both had an extra pimp in their step, an afterglow on their faces, and stress free personas.

James and Del looked up in sync with confused smiles before the two made eye contact and let out childish giggles.

"Not exactly." Del replied with a sly smirk, purposely trying to fuel the fire since the marauders always had the funniest reactions, she could feel many eyes, all from Slytherin, burning into the back of her neck but she ignored them, she needed a break from the house.

"Ew." Peter muttered, uncomfortable with her not jumping up to disagree with Sirius' ongoing obsession with the two complicated couple shagging.

"When will you then?!" Sirius scoffed, he was genuinely impressed and surprised that the two hadn't jumped each other's bones already, but of course his odd comment brought waves of silence over the group as they all looked at him with furrowed eyebrows.

"Anyways," Remus sighed disappointingly, "What's up with you two?" He asked, speaking the question everyone was wondering, the two made eye contact again as the morning they shared replayed in both their minds.

* * *

The light peaking through the curtain had started to become Del's new alarm clock as the sun draped over her eyelids and the bright golden haze shone upon her face, causing her to reveal her crystal grey eyes to the almost empty bedroom.

Though the aesthetically pleasing surroundings brought peace to the Malfoy's mind, the head splitting migraine overpowered any sense of calmness as a groan escaped her lips, her eyes quickly hiding from the light as she overdramatically turned away from the window.

Only to find herself facing a sleeping boy that made her heart patter as she began to remember last night's events.

She confessed everything.

Every heart felt detail.

And he didn't reject her, not even in the slightest, but instead almost rewarded her for finally opening up.

Panic soon began to form as she remembered his questions, when she stalled for the main two that she dreamt of keeping hidden, James Potter may be daft but he wasn't stupid, far from it actually, he must've known that Leo was abusive by now and it wouldn't take long before he figured out the full story just like Sirius.

"Shit." She whispered as her face scrunched with discomfort, what was she going to do now? She shouldn't have told him anything, at this point she was just feeding the poor boy false hope.