𝐼𝒳

"You know Astronomy?"

-James' Pov-

"Uh yeah, I guess we are."

Those five words affected me more than I expected they would, 'Yeah, I guess we are.'

Delphinus Malfoy was single.

A part of me was confused by the way she said it, it was like it was the first time she was even admitting those words, but based on the small encounter she had with Corvus I'm assuming it was.

Her snake friends began to ask, or more demand for answers so I'm also assuming it was also their first time hearing the news, keeping my eyes locked on the blonde below me I began to zone out of the conversation that was flowing in front of me, even after she tried to dismiss the topic the questions still came in like she had broken down a dam's wall, but the only thing I heard was those four words repeating in my head.

Delphinus Malfoy was single.

I honestly didn't know why I was so invested in it, I was probably four shots deep, not that I have really been keeping track since I've been drinking straight out of the bottle that Sirius and I have been sharing, I could barely form a sentence without stuttering, so that was most likely the reason, I knew practically nothing about the girl so I knew I wasn't infatuated with her or anything like that, my intoxicated brain was probably just stumbling over it's thoughts.

Removing my gaze from the blonde I tried to find something else to ponder over, searching for my redhead I lazily looked around the room just to find her right next to Marlene.

And Amos Diggory.

I didn't know too much about him, I knew he was in seventh year and was the Hufflepuff Keeper, why was he next to Lily, my Lilypad? How did they even know each other? I saw as he put an arm over her shoulder and leaned in to talk to her, he was too close to her.

He said something that caused her to blush, fucking blush. Why was Diggory making Lily blush? I turned my head over to Marlene who's eyes were already on me, I nodded my head towards the two next to her in question.

Marlene glanced over to Lily and Diggory and her lips thinned in sympathy before she looked back at me and shook her head lightly. I could tell that she sighed by the way her chest rose higher than the rest of her breaths. Why was she feeling sympathetic? There was no way that the girl I had been fawning over for practically six years was in a relationship with Amos fucking Diggory.

The blonde below me quickly left my mind and in any other circumstance I'd be relieved but by the new thoughts coming in I immediately missed her.

'I'm sorry'

That's what Marlene mouthed to me.

That's when my heart fell to my stomach.

And That's why I gripped the couch until my knuckles turned white before I pushed off of it. After picking up the bottle of Fire Whiskey I set on the floor, I left the Room of Requirements.

I could feel a pair of icy silver eyes following me out but I didn't look back, I left before I would make some drunken mistake or scene, I ignored my lack of ability to walk properly and continued my way to the one spot people didn't know I went to.

Usually when I say I'm going to go to my safe place people would think the Black Lake or the Quidditch Pitch, and that's exactly why this spot was one of my favorites, nobody knew I went there.