𝒳𝒳𝐼

I Present To You:
Twisted Agony

The second Del walked out of that common room she felt something shift in the air around her, as her walking continued the harder it felt for her to breathe, the heaving of her chest began in a steady rhythm before it escalated into a drumming beat.

It was as if Del knew that things were no longer going to be the same anymore, she knew that Leo's return would break down the healthy structure she had created for herself.

A small, selfish, part of Del almost wished that one of her boys would run out and stop her from her newly taken path, but the realistic side of Del knew that even if they had, she still would've went down the same trail, she really didn't have a choice after the threat Leo had said to her in her dorm.

Even though it might be an empty promise, just a few meaningless words to scare her and keep her in place, she didn't want to test the waters and find out.

Once she stood in front of the large entrance to the Slytherin common room she hesitated, did she really want to do this? If she walked through those doors it would never be the same.

"Pure-Sang"

The door swung open and she quickly plastered on a fake smile before sauntering in as if she owned the place, just as old times.

"Del?" Regulus asked with surprise, usually the times that the family had all hung out together was when the Slytherins practically dragged her away from her newly found friends.

"Hey, Reg." She smiled softly before moving next to the boy and cuddling into his figure without another word.

Regulus was spiked with concern as he watched Del's uncharacteristic amount of vulnerability and affection she had been showing at the moment.

"D, are you okay?" He asked slowly, no sarcasm or humor in his voice.

"Yeah," She lied, "Just tired is all."

That last part had been no lie, no matter how lazy it made her feel, she felt completely drained and all she wanted in the moment was to feel safe in her Regulus' arms.

Regulus furrowed his eyebrows with worry and confusion, but nonetheless, he pulled his arm over her shoulder, pulling her body closer to his as he soon threw the chunky knitted blanket that they created themselves.

Del smiled at the memories of the creation that enveloped the two teenagers, it was a truly beautiful blanket, thick dark gray, almost black, knots that held the fluffy yarn into place as it carried the width of eighty inches and length of ninety.

The two of them had spent days upon days, laughing in Del's personal dorm as they both attempted the muggle activity, and being the Gryffindor Del was, she of course held the 'Go big or Go home' attitude, making sure that once they completed the project they would have something to truly be proud of.

That blanket held more sentimental than anyone could understand, not only did the two of them actually create it themselves, but they shared so many precious memories with it, every time they had their rare, but necessary cuddle sessions, or whenever the other one was in a bad mood the two would just stay in bed while eating ice cream and reading under the blanket.

Not that either of the two knew this, but sadly the moment they were sharing now, was to be the last with that blanket.

And even though neither knew this information, they still acted as if it were, as if they knew it would be the last, Regulus had a strange gut feeling that Del was most definitely not okay, and most definitely not safe.