𝒳𝐼𝒱

"Actually, I think we should forget it, as you said it meant nothing and just the heat of the moment."

Finally,

The echoes of my shoes slapping on the concrete floors travelled throughout the corridors as I ran down with a small smile, after six days I was finally back.

It was early in the morning, way early for the sun had barely even risen yet, but I still felt wide awake, I practically got down onto knees this morning and begged Hope and Euphemia to convince Faxton to let me leave, they intended on keeping me until my head was one-hundred percent healed but I had promised them to have daily check-ins with Madam Pomfrey and they hesitantly signed my discharge.

They wanted to apart me themselves to Hogwarts but I told Euphemia about the guilt I was feeling so she let me take a quick pit-stop at Hogsmeade and pick out a few presents to hopefully make up for my absence during Sirius' birthday before apparating me to Hogwarts.

Already wrapped and on his desk, with a little help of magic, was a black leather jacket since I've noticed his was worn out and ripped, a red and gold record player, and a Queen and David Bowie vinyl record, I hadn't known much about the muggle band so I decided to play safe and choose one filled with their greatest hits.

Usually I was always confident with my gifts yet I felt my heart hammering with anticipation, what if he didn't like it and was annoyed that I missed his birthday? Or what if he didn't even realise I was gone and wasn't even expecting a present and I'm just overthinking and making a fool out of myself.

Shaking off my nerve I continued mindlessly walking, I still carried no memory of what had sent me to St. Mungos, all I knew was that Fornax Yaxley was back and had something to do with it.

I'm almost a little thankful that I don't remember, I don't think I want to know what happened.

No one was awake at the moment so I was free to do whatever I pleased too, even though I craved to be with my Gryffindor friends or Slytherin family I knew it wasn't exactly an option at the moment, so I walked through the large doors of the library.

It had still been closed, locked as well, but I had been quite acquainted with Madam Pince which meant I knew not only how to open the doors but was granted access whenever I wanted.

The second I walked through the doors the candles all lit as the books reflected the orange and golden haze.

Madam Pince had always kept her books as clean as she could, no matter the damage a student could inflict on one of her precious children, she always found a way to make it seem as if they were brand new.

Sitting down at my favourite table, the one in the very back corner next to the Restricted section and the largest window which overlooked the Forbidden Forest, I grabbed one of the many new books that I had picked up from Hogsmeade.

The Book of Constellations: Discover the Secrets in the Stars

I had read many books like this one in the past, but when I saw the word 'secrets' I knew that I had to buy it.

Flipping open the hard cover I let my eyes scan over each word as I began to expand my knowledge in the subject I cared for the most.

Hours passed yet not once did I move from my seat, the sun began to rise on my right as the nearing winter sun brought warmth through the thin window, only when I heard the chair pull out in front of me did I let my eyes snap away from the laminated pages with confusion.

Who in their right mind would be up this early and in the library?

Except for me of course.

But once I saw a young woman with black hair and blue eyes a small smile grew on my face as one of my favourite staff members sat down in front of me.