Finally In Love: Benn Beckman x Reader 1.2

You had caught the eye of one of the Red Hair Pirates yet you didn't notice because you were in your own world while reading. So you didn't feel the eyes of the 2nd mate, Benn Beckman, but it didn't go unnoticed by his crewmates.

"Looks like Benn is in love finally." Laughed Yassop and Benn glanced at the male as he parted with his cigarette between his lips. The entire crew including Shanks was laughing and Benn sighed at the childishness that came from the crew. He didn't acknowledge what the others were saying and his eyes drifted back to you. The way your hair fell in front of your face made Been want to push it behind your ear.

When you did look up from the book, it was to acknowledge the bartender that tended to you. He could tell you didn't drink so he wondered what you were doing in a place like this. He leaned against his hand, inhaling the toxic smoke before blowing it out once again. Just then some drunk men made their way to your table, and this caused Benn along with the other crewmates to straighten up. They stopped the teasing because they all hated one thing the most, and that was men taking advantage of women and children.

"Hey beautiful, you want to come home with us?" Drunk man number one said you looked up meeting their eyes before shaking your hand.

"No thank you."

"Come on, it would be fun. We could treat you right." Drunk man number two said, you flushed slightly and sighed repeating yourself.

"I am not interested."

"You know we are being nice when we were asking you, now I am telling you. You are coming with us." Drunk number three said he was bigger than the first two. He went to grab your arm and Benn got up quickly but before anyone could do anything you jumped up and kicked him through the wall. Everyone fell silent and looked at you, you made a small noise and a blush covered your face as you backed away behind your good friend who was the bartender.

"You bitch~" That was all the drunk man number one could say before Been knocked him out with the butt of his rifle.

"Don't talk to a lady like that. You are lucky she kicked him away." Benn said putting his cigarette out and Shanks walked to you.

"Are you okay Miss?"

"U-Uh y-yeah. I am fine thank you." You said bowing your head slightly, and Shanks waved it off before glaring at drunk man number two.

"I think you guys should leave before things get messy here," Shanks said his hat shadowing his eyes.

"You aren't in charge of this place you lowly pirate." Drunk man number two slurred but your best friend stepped up.

"He isn't, but I am... Shanks is right, you need to leave for disturbing the peace here." He said cracking his knuckles the drunk man growled dragging his other friends out. Your best friend turned to you and he sighed glancing at the wall before looking at you again.

"You did a number on my wall again (Y/N)."

"S-Sorry, I-I can pay for it..."

"It's okay, you aren't too shaken up are you?" You shook your head and he nodded ruffling your hair.

"Good, it's a good thing I made you take self-defense class though. Since you seem to attract more creeps than the average girl." You blushed sitting back down, but Benn sat beside you. You looked up to meet his dark orbs and he gave you a smile.

"T-Thank you... for helping." You said timidly, and Benn leaned against his hand.

"It was no problem, don't mind if I get comfortable here, do you? I am sure it will keep unwanted guys around." He said you shook your head ducking your head behind your book. Benn grinned slightly and shifted his gaze elsewhere so he wants staring directly at you. He would occasionally glance at you, and you both would meet eye contact before you quickly buried your face into your book again. He couldn't help but smile at how cute you were being.

You could no longer focus on your book since you were quite shy Benn, you always had a crush on him when you first saw his wanted poster. Then when you first met him when he first arrived on this island only made you fall for him even more. You could hear his crewmates whistling and teasing Benn, this made your blush darker. Benn sighed at his crewmates once more before he nudged your leg with his and whispered for only you to hear.

"Ignore them... they are always like this." You nodded your head at what he said and he gave you that charming smile before going back to your book. Your hair fell in your face again before you felt Benn push it behind your ear, he could feel how heated your skin was against his fingertips and he placed his hand on the table.

Time passed by and it was soon late, and Benn never once left your table. You were thankful for it, and when it came time for you to leave you got up. Benn watched you packing your bag with your book and the bartender came over to give you a hug.

"Stay safe out there okay... call me when you get home." He said and you nodded your head and Benn got up.

"I will walk you home," Benn said, you snapped your head and your friend smirked at you.

"You don't have to do that. I don't want to be a bother to you..." You said waving your hand in front of you.

"I think that's a great idea..."

"(B/F) stop it..." You said.

"Well it is, I can't walk with you with owning this bar. So at least I know if Benn walks with you it would be safer. What if those guys are waiting for you." He said crossing his arms.

"I agree with him, I don't mind. It's really not a bother." Benn said with a smile, your heart skipped a beat and you nodded your head.

"F-Fine..." You said quietly. Benn placed his hand on your lower back and led you gently out of the bar, ignoring what his captain was saying. That was until his captain said something that made your face erupt into flames even more.

"Go get some Beckman~ hahaha"

"Captain, I will shoot you. It's not like that..." Benn threatened and Shanks sweatdropped and he shut up.

"Sorry..." Shanks said, and you kept your head down walking outside. Benn shook his head before looking at the sky as he pushed his hands into his pockets.

"I am once again sorry about them. I swear I have no intention of taking advantage of you like that... I would be more gentlemanly than that." Benn said. You met his eyes, and he gave you a smile that made you glad it was dark so he couldn't see your face. He took your hand in his and pressed a kiss on top of it. You smiled looking at him before leaning into him when he continued to walk with you.

"I know, and I am thankful for that." You said, and Benn nodded his head. You both fell silent and once you arrived at your house you unlocked it before turning to Benn.

"Have a good night...(Y/N)..." Benn said kissing your hand once more, but you moved your hand from him before leaning up and kissing his cheek gently. A blush covered your cheeks and Benn was surprised by the kiss but he smiled wrapping an arm around you. You both shared a hug not pulling from the other, the hug felt too short when you both pulled away.

"I hope I can take you out to dinner or lunch while I am on this island," Benn said.

"Of course, you can, I would love that." You said, and he kissed your forehead.

"How about we spend the day tomorrow together?"

"That seems perfect. I can't wait." You said, and Benn waved leaving you in your doorway. You walked in smiling as you placed a hand over your heart before calling your friend telling him you made it home safe.