Clumsy Love: Rosinante x Reader

Rosinante watched you from afar as you were sitting with the other marines. You were a beautiful marine, the same age as him. You had a certain aura to you that drew everyone to you. You had captured his heart when he first laid eyes on you, and he didn't know how to approach you. That didn't stop you from approaching him, though, especially when he got stuck somehow or caught himself on fire.

He stayed far from you as you smiled warmly, helping some of the marines. Sengoku watched as Rosinante shifted on his feet. He was trying to gain the confidence to talk to you, but he couldn't. It hurt who watched this when knew how Rosinante felt towards you.

"You know Rosinante. She is a sweet girl. You can talk to her." He quickly turned toward the Fleet admiral, and his eyes widened.

"Huh? Who?" He tried to play it off, but he knew he was already caught.

"It's painful watching you watch (Y/N). Just talk to her." Sengoku said, patting his shoulder before giving him a push. Sengoku wasn't one to do something like that, but it made everyone awkward when they were in the same room as you and him. Rosinante tripped over his feet, quickly falling on top of you. You squeaked as you hit the ground; Rosinante's face was in your chest. Your face erupted into flames when you realized the position you two were in.

"R-Rosinante-kun are you okay?" You tried to get out. Rosinante flushed as he looked up at you. He nodded his head, got up off of you, helped you up, and you brushed yourself off.

"Yeah, I am fine. Sorry." He rubbed his neck. You smiled, gently waving it off.

"It's okay. Accidents happen." You say, giving him that smile that made him forget how to speak.

"It seems all the time with me." He mumbled, but you heard him before looking at you. You were currently looking down, so this gave him the chance to take in your appearance today. It was an awkward silence, and the marines you were helping left.

"I wondered if maybe you wanted to take a break with me," Rosinante asked. You looked up with your (e/c) eyes. They sparkled a bit. You smiled widely before nodding your head, causing your (h/c) locks to bounce with your head movement.

"Sure, I would love to Rosinante-Kun." Rosinante smiled before offering his hand to you, which you gladly took. He led you to the cafeteria so he could treat you to lunch since neither one of you could leave the base as of yet. You had a strong blush covering your cheeks, and you refused to look anyone in the face. Rosinante looked elsewhere. Once you grew embarrassed enough, you slowly removed your hand from his when everyone began to whisper.

"Is everything okay?" He asked. You nodded your head, keeping it down.

"Y-Yeah, it's just everything is whispering about us." He blinked before looking around. He realized the Marines were looking at them. He assumed it was because he was holding hands with you. His face heated up a bit, and he fell down the stairs when he wasn't paying attention.

"Oh no, are you okay?" You asked, rushing to him. He grumbled about how clumsy he was. He looked up at you. Seeing how worried you were, made his heart warm a bit.

"Yeah, I am okay. Sorry for making you worry." He said sheepishly. You sighed, checking his head to ensure there weren't any bumps on his head. He realized how close your face was, and he couldn't help but stroke your hair out of your face. He looked into your eyes, and you returned his stare. He leaned in, capturing your lips with his own, you gasped at the sudden action, and he held you tightly before parting before anyone saw it.

You touched your lips, staring at Rosinante. He smiled gently. He bit his lip, waiting for your response, but he figured he should say something first.

"I uhm... I am very clumsy?" He said that was not what he wanted to say. You blinked before laughing softly. The way you laughed made him blush. You realized what he wanted to say, so you decided to use the same excuse. You pecked his lips back before getting up. His eyes widen in shock.

"I guess I am clumsy too." You say, running from him. He smiled before getting up and captured you before you both fell. He held you against his chest, nuzzling your shoulder.

"I guess that makes the two of us then." He said you laughed softly when he traced his hands on your sides. You wiggled out of his hold, laughing because you were ticklish. He blinked before grinning as he realized you were ticklish. You quickly ran to your room, with Rosinante hot on your heels. You squealed before shutting the door quickly, which hit his face, and he fell backward.

You peeked out to make sure he was okay, but he had already gotten off the floor and tackled you to your bedroom floor.

"O-Oi Rosinante!" You laughed, trying to get out of his grasp. He kicked the door shut, tickling your sides. You began rolling around laughing, trying to escape, but he wasn't showing you mercy.

"Say you love me, and I will stop." He said with a blush dusting his cheeks. Your face turned redder from laughing and what he wanted you to say.

"W-What??!?AHAHAHAHA"

"Say it... and I will stop." He grinned. You gasped for air before yelling it between laughter.

"I-I love you. I love you, Rosinante. Now stop; I can't breathe." You said with tears in your eyes. He grinned before stopping, and he leaned down, kissing your lips.

"I love you too." He said, nuzzling your cheek. You hugged him, and he picked you up and laid you on the bed. You cuddled on the bed, and you laid your head on his chest.

"Will you be my beautiful girlfriend (Y/N)?"

"I would love to." You say, looking up at him. He smiled, sighing in relief.

"That makes me happier than you know."