Let's learn to Love: Spandam x Reader

You walked down the aisle in your white gown. You couldn't believe this was happening. You were being married to him. Your eye twitched as you saw Spandam standing there, not looking at you. It had to be him of all the people you could have married. Your parents must have hated you because this wasn't funny. Once you stood in front of him, Spandam looked away from you.

"That dress makes you look fat."

"Can it, barney." The bridesmaids and grooms, along with the priest, sweatdropped. Spandam took your hands in his as the wedding progressed due to being forced to and just wanting to get this over with. Much to your and Spandam's dismay, no one objected, so you were officially married. You might be wondering why you couldn't just run out on this wedding. It was because it was an arranged marriage.

"You may now kiss the bride." Spandam made a face, as did you, as he lowered down to your lips and kissed you. You both pulled away, trying to fake happiness. You both walked out of the hall, not wanting to stay, and went home to your new shared house. Once you guys walked through the door, neither one said a word to the other. You began to remove your dress, not caring if Spandam was there or not. Spandam glanced at your body, and as much as he hated to admit it, you had looked beautiful tonight, but that didn't change the fact he didn't like it. He stripped to his boxers, and you had long put your oversized sweatshirt on. You looked at the big.

"The bed looks small."

"What do you mean it's a king-sized bed." Spandam rolled his eyes.

"I will still be next to you." You mumbled, getting in bed, turning your back to him and he huffed doing the same.

"Just go to bed."

"I plan to, so shut up."

"You shut up." Spandam sighed, and you closed your eyes. Not long, you had finally fallen asleep. Spandam, on the other hand, couldn't sleep. He didn't know how he was supposed to accept that he was married to you. Should he try to love you, or should he continue to keep things the same? He turned back around and looked at your back. You were had turned in your sleep, your hair covering your face. Spandam had an urge to move your (H/L) (H/C)hair out of your face so you wouldn't suffocate. Once he attempted the nice gesture, he noticed your face was scrunched up, and you were sweating.

"She must be having a nightmare." He moved his hand back to his side, not knowing what to do. You started to whimper in your sleep, gripping the sheets. Your past is coming back to you in the form of a dream. Your home went up in flames, and the people were crying and begging for a savior. Spandam continued to watch you and decided not to wake you because he knew it would have end up in an argument. He closed his eyes and finally went to bed, deciding to think in the morning. It was now the middle of the night, and you had shot up out of bed panting and sweating. This startles Spandam, and he falls out of bed.

"Owe..." Spandam grumbled and got back into bed about to curse you, but he kept his mouth shut once he saw your face.

"(Y/N), are you okay?"

"Yes, I am fine."

"You don't look fine."

"Don't worry about it." You lay back down, and Spandam sighed, laying back down but pulling you to his chest, which causes you to squeak.

"Whether we like it or not, we are married now. We might as well learn to trust each other." Spandam mumbled.

"W-What are you saying."

"You know what I am saying. If I say it, I will regret it."

"You want to learn to love each other?" He only nodded.

"And in order first step is to at least try and calm you down after a nightmare." He said, tightening his grip on your waist. You blushed gently and turned to face him, and he looked down at you. He gave you an encouraging smile, and you blushed.

"I still hate you."

"That's okay. We can have a love-hate relationship." Spandam said.

"I heard those are the fun relationships."

"Hmhmm, it never gets boring." You smiled slightly and decided to sleep in Spandam's arms that night.

"Thank you. I feel better now."

"If you ever wanna talk about it, I am all ears."

"Be careful with what you say." You warned.

"And why is that?"

"I may fall in love."

"Eww, please don't." You both laughed softly, and Spandam captured your lips, and you kissed back, holding his face. You smacked his shoulder when he pulled away, and he only chuckled, closing his eyes.

"I hate to say this, but you were beautiful at the wedding."

"Eww, and you were quite handsome."

"That's the only compliment you are getting from me." You guys say in unison, but you kept cuddling his chest as his arms were around your waist.

"Good night, Spandex."

"Good night, ugly duck."You both finally drifted to sleep, knowing neither of you meant the hurtful things you said to each other. The sun peeked through the curtains, and you rubbed your eyes before feeling your head on something firm. You looked up to see Spandam's arms around you and your head on his chest. You shook your head, pecking his lips, and slipped out and went to make breakfast. Just as you finished up, Spandam walked in, rubbing his eyes, and went to grab a plate. But you smacked his hand.

"I didn't make that for you." He looked at you, narrowing his eyes, and you narrowed them too. He tried to grab it again, but you beat him to it shoving it in your mouth, grinning. Spandam grinned, grabbing your wrists and pushing against the table, taking the pancake back.

"Ha. I win." You pouted, pushing him away.

"You owe me a pancake."

"Whatever, loser."

"tsk leathery freak," you mumbled and tossed an egg at his back which caused him to leap into the air. He grabbed the pancake batter and poured it on your head. You gasped.

"You did not!"

"I so did." You grabbed the flour and poured it on his head until he was a ghost. He growled and grabbed some eggs, tossing them at you, and you shook up a bottle of soda, and for the next few hours, you guys had a food war. It wasn't an angry food war either. You both were laughing hard. Both your and his parents walked in and stopped to look at the mess. You and Spandam stop dead in your tracks.

"What the...heck." They said.

"We can't even let you guys live together, can we?"

"You guys hate each other that much?"

"Hate?"

"Each other?" You both blinked, and you both laughed.

"Oh my god, Spandam, you look like a unicorn puked you out." He managed to have glitter mixed with sprinkles, cake batter, soda, flour, and everything in the fridge.

"You look like a slime monster puked you out."

"You both look horrible clean this mess up." They left shaking their head. You and Spandam looked around at the mess and sweatdrop.

"This is gonna be a pain."

"No kidding."

"It was worth it, though. I had fun." You said, laughing, and he laughed as well as you guys started to clean each other up, and the house that looked like a food tsunami went through.

"You know it won't be bad trying to love you," Spandam said.

"I agree. I think I can get used to this by far." You leaned in and pecked his lips shyly, and he blushed.