I'm Sorry: Kidd x Reader

You hit your steering wheel as you were broken down on the side of the road. You leaned your head against it, taking the key out of the ignition. You were on your way home from a trip when your car started to act funny. It has not been your week, and you thought going on a small vacation by yourself would help. You were 500 miles away from home, and you had no service where you were at.

"Damn it." You said as you got out of the car and opened the hood of it. You backed away quickly as smoke rose from the car. You began coughing violently as you walked around and sat in your car leaving the hood open. At this time you wished you had a working phone so you can call your dad. You would say you would call Kidd, but he was an ex-boyfriend who broke up with you. He was amazing at fixing cars though, your dad would have just done the basics and enough to get you home.

You sat there with your head in your hands, you had messaged Killer right before heading back home saying you were on your way home just in case you didn't make it back in a reasonable amount of time.

So hopefully when he tries and calls you and can't get a hold of you he would come looking for you. Killer was Kidd's best friend, but he was a close friend of yours too. When you went out far away, he would call you once every three hours to make sure you were okay. If you didn't pick up he will call you three times before getting worried about your well-being.

You got out of the car and closed the hood before getting back in the car locking it. You played with your phone trying to get service, you didn't want to leave your car to unlock, just in case you got some weirdo trying to "help" you. After about thirty minutes to no avail. You tossed your phone. you didn't know what you were going to do. It didn't help you were in heels so you finally decided to start walking in hopes of finding some type of signal. You grabbed your keys locking your door before walking in the direction of your home.

After about four hours of walking, you ended up getting extremely hot. You weren't sure how long you have been walking and your phone died so you didn't know what time it was. You saw a car moving towards you before coming to an absolute stop. You stop hoping and praying it wasn't some random guy until you saw the familiar red hair. Kidd got out of the car raising an eyebrow at you leaning against his car.

"Where the hell is your car? Why haven't you answered Killer's calls?" He questioned, you glared crossing your arms.

"Still an asshole as always. Hello to you too. Why do you care anyway?" You said, and Kidd pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Because Killer begged me to come looking for you, he called you about fifty times and you didn't answer. Since he is stuck at the shop, he asked if I could spend my day looking for your ass." You crossed your arms, he looked you over. You were sweaty, and your face and arms were flushed red. He could tell you have been walking for a long time.

"My car broke down, about god I don't even know how long I have been walking or how far I walked. I didn't have service, so I was trying to walk to get service but my phone died." You said looking away. Kidd got back in the car before motioning for you to get in the car.

"Get in."

"Huh?" He shot you a glare as if telling you he wasn't going to repeat himself. You got into the passenger side leaning your head against the window. It was silent for a bit before he put the bottled water in your lap. You looked at him, and he focused on the road.

"Thank you, Kidd, I do appreciate this." You said, Kidd glanced at you and nodded his head.

"Just drink it, I don't want you to pass out." You smiled, he was never really good at saying he cared. You opened the water and began to drink from it, before closing the lid and holding it in your lap. You closed your eyes as you began to cool down, it wasn't long before Kidd stopped the car and closed it. You opened your eyes as he got out, and you got out to stand next to him. He opened the hood of it after having you unlock the door, and he did the same thing you had done earlier. He stepped back waving the smoke out of his face, before taking a look under the hood. You heard him click his tongue as he stared at you, and you blinked confused.