Teardrops Of My Guitar: Apoo x Reader 1.2

You watched your captain as he was flirting with another girl in the bar. Apoo was so oblivious to your feelings it quite upset you. But you didn't want to ruin the friendship that you two had. You sighed, running a hand through your (h/c) hair. You took a sip of your (f/d) before lying down. The only person who knew your feelings was one of the crewmates. He came and patted your shoulder.

"You should confess." He said.

"Not a chance."

"Ah, so stubborn."

"I rather remain, friends, than lose him altogether."

"I doubt you would lose him."

"You just don't understand." You sighed desperately. You got up and headed out of the bar.

"Hey (Y/N), where are you going?" Your best friend and captain Apoo asked.

"Oh, back to the ship. I am tired." You lied.

"Okay, get some rest. You deserve it." He flashed you a smile, and you nodded before heading to the ship. Once you arrived, you went to grab your guitar and smiled at it. Do you remember the first day you joined the On Air Pirates?

~flashback~

You were playing one of your favorite songs that you wrote outside to try and make some money so you could eat, which wasn't hard since everyone loved your music. That's when you saw him, Apoo. He was smiling at you as you were singing, and he joined in with his arm-shaped trumpet, which you thought was weird but soon learned was his devil fruit. You continued to sing and play your guitar. Once you finished, he smiled and told you he wanted you to join the crew. Of course, you agreed, and you and he would often play music together. Every day you started to fall for him.

~end flashback~

You felt a tear drop onto your guitar; you guys stopped playing together for about two months now because of his new girlfriend. You sighed and took your guitar and went to the crow's nest. You strung your guitar a few times to make sure it was in tune before closing your eyes taking a deep breath before beginning to play and sing.

"Drew looks at me. I fake a smile so he won't see.

That I want, and I need, everything that we should be.

I'll bet she's beautiful, that girl he talks about.

And she's got everything that I have to live without.

Drew talks to me. I laugh because it's just so funny.

And I can't even see anyone when he's with me.

He says he's so in love, he's finally got it right.

I wonder if he knows he's all I think about at night." You stopped as a few drops continued to drop on the guitar. You decided to use Drew as a code name for Apoo because you didn't want anyone to know about your feelings for your captain.

"He's the reason for the teardrops on my guitar.

The only thing that keeps me wishing on a wishing star.

He's the song in the car I keep singing,

Don't know why I do.

Drew walks by me. Can he tell that I can't breathe?

And there he goes so perfectly.

The flawless I wish I could be.

She better hold him tight, give him all her love.

Look into those beautiful eyes and know she's lucky because

He's the reason for the teardrops on my guitar.