Love Is An Open Door: Ace x Reader

You were running through the mansion, unable to believe you guys would host a ball for the first time in forever. You had put on your best dress and stole some chocolate. It wasn't long now as they opened the gates. You wondered if your sister would come out. You doubt she would, for the simple fact she never talked to you anymore. You puffed your cheeks, wondering if things would ever change between you too. Just as you decided not to worry about that because everyone was coming in, you put on your biggest smile, all the worries fading.

You saw all different types of people, other royals, pirates, which you made a mental note, of course, to keep an eye on them, and your normal people. Then you saw him tall, muscular guy with freckles and a cowboys hat. He was arguing with someone about not wanting to wear a shirt. You giggled slightly as you blushed and went to the food table after talking to everyone. Many people were fond of your parents, but they had passed away. Which kind of made you sad because that was when your lonely world started. You shoved a sandwich in your mouth before hearing someone clear their voice.

"Even a princess eats a lot and not a mannerism way." You stopped and turned around, seeing the shirtless guy. He was really, really handsome hot even. Your face turned red before you laughed and offered a handshake.

"My name is (Y/N). It's nice to meet you. Thank you for coming to the ball." You said he took it and brought it to his lips.

"My name is Portagas D. Ace. The pleasure is mine, beautiful." You giggled, taking your hand back and holding a sandwich to him.

"I would love one, thank you." He took a bite, brushing your knuckles, which caused you to blush.

"You were supposed to take it, not to me feed you."

"It tastes better coming from your hands, though." He grinned as he took another bite, but you took the sandwich out of his reach and hugged, biting into it.

"Then it's mine now."

"Even if I already bit into it."

"Yepp."

"That's an indirect kiss."

"Uhhhh, so." You laughed with him before he wrapped his arms around you, biting into the sand again before it was gone.

"Eh.... hey there." You laughed, turning to face him. His face was inches from yours, and you blushed, stepping back slightly.

"Would you like to share a dance then run away for
The night?" He asked you, of course, nodded. Anytime close to him would be amazing. A slow song changed, and everyone on the floor grabbed a partner and started to dance. You and Ace shared multiple glances before you guys stared into each other's eyes, smiling. Your heart fluttered in your chest, and little did you know, your older sister was watching you, smiling that you had found your love. She hoped you would go with them to no longer be in danger.

Once the song ended, Ace never let go of your hand, and he pulled you to the balcony before leaning against the edge. You guys looked at the sky smiling.

"So, what's your story?" He asked.

"Well, my whole life has been doors in my face. Especially after my parents died. (Sister's name) My older sister would never come out. It was lonely. That's why I am so glad I met you." You said.

"Really? I feel the same. My whole life, I was searching for who I am because my father was the worst person on the planet." He said, looking away. But you grasp his hand.

"But with you, I found my place."

"with you, I can see your face, and it's nothing I ever knew before. Love is an open door!." You both said in unison, laughing as he picked you up.

"With you

"It's crazy," he said, sitting you on top of the railing holding your hands, never letting you before you hugged his neck.

"What is?"

"We finish each other's." You cut him off.

"Sandwiches."

"Exactly what I was gonna say."

"I never met anyone that thought or thought like me." You can, but he caught up with you.

"Jinx! Jinx again!" You guys said.

"Love truly is an open door." Ace said, smiling at you pushing your hair behind your ear. You blushed as he leaned in slowly, and you did the same until your lips met. You felt sparks coming between you, which caused you to flush.

"Can I say something really crazy? Even though we have only known each other for a few hours, will you Marry me?"

"Can I say something even crazier? Yes!" You swing you around smiling.

"Does this mean you will leave this place and sell the seas with me and pops?"

"If he will allow a princess on his ship."

"I certainly will allow it. You are now my daughter." You both turned around to see a giant guy with a white beard, and you guessed some of his crew.

"Whoa, you are tall!" You exclaimed, looking up at him.

"I am Whitebeard. This is Marco, thatch, and the rest of my crew." He let out his deep chuckle before (Sister's name) ran up to you.

"(Y/N)! I'm so happy you love your dream you have my support."

"(Sister's name)!" You hugged her tightly, and she smiled before she glanced at Ace.

"You hurt her. I will freeze you, including that flame inside your fire fist." She mumbled so no one else could hear.

"Hey hey hey, I won't hurt her. I love real~" he fell asleep out of nowhere, and you and (Sister's name) swear dropped.

"Normally, he does it while eating, not talking."

"Well, he didn't fall asleep while eating. He was goofing around with me." You said, and they nodded before he woke up.

"Oops, sorry, I will never hurt her. I love her." He grasped your hand, and you giggled.

"Be careful (Y/N), be safe. Please." (Sister's name) said, handing you a small bow and arrow and daggers. "You are gonna need something to protect yourself."

"Thanks, (Sister's name) you are the best. I'm gonna miss you." With that, Whitebeard led you guys to the ship smiling, and you never left Ace's side, and you guys stole multiple kisses from each other. Thatch stole a picture of you guys kissing before grinning, and you both shrugged, smiling.

"I love you, Ace."

"I love you more, my sea princess."