Chapter 1

Onyx's POV
Ugh. I seriously have to do this? Well in that case...fuck. Hi. I'm Onyx Jericho. I live in New Jersey. I'm 17. I have a daughter named "Marionette Jane" She's 3. If you give me shit about this I'll go off on you. Me and her mom Amy dated for a while. When I broke up with her she went crazy. She grabbed a knife and started chasing me around my mom and dad's house with it. When I stopped to catch my breath, she snuck up behind me and stabbed me in the chest. She got arrested for that. I was given full custody of MJ.

Just about everything and everyone annoys me at school. I'm nice to teachers most of the time. If I hate them, they'll know. My family knows how I am at school. It's nothing new. I'm the asshole in the family. My home life sucks. It went to hell after my dad was killed. He was a cop. What was just a normal night turned into hell. His partner showed up at our house and sat us down in the dining room. I did my best to keep it together for my mom and siblings. When I felt a tear go down my face, I quickly wiped it away. My younger brother and older sister broke down right away. My sister Tyla saw through my lie. In the middle of the night she wandered into my room. She jumped onto my bed.

She didn't say anything. All she did was hug me. I broke down. Then my brother Alexander walked in and joined the hug. For a while it was us and our mom Cecilia. Then she decided to start dating. It only took one guy to sweep her off her bloody feet. He's the most toxic man I've ever been around. He drinks so much until he doesn't remember the damage he's done. My mom sleeps all night because of her pills. I think he gives her more than she's supposed to take. She knows we get beaten. Sometimes she just sits there and lets it happen. Her and this dick named "Mason" don't care about us I think. Tyla was the first to get outta our hell. When MJ was born I was terrified. I made sure to lock my bedroom door at night so he wouldn't get in.

When she was older she got put in the room next to mine. I kept a baby monitor on just to be safe. Once my sister moved out it went to hell. I was getting my ass kicked by the dickhead that my mom is dating. He's cut me multiple time. I just get tattoos to fucking cover them so nobody asks questions. In the morning I'm the one who brings me and Alex to school. My sister works from home so she watches MJ all day for me. Okay I'll shut up now.