Chapter 33 - Severus's Mission

Start from the beginning

Her next statement mended his broken heart as she whispered, "I love you, Sev......I don't know what I'd do without you."

While he held Lily in his strong arms, Severus felt refreshed, regardless of their dreary evening.

He would battle to the end of time, all the way down to his bones if he needed, to protect what was his.

He glanced behind himself at the children then back down at Lily.

Severus never imagined he would acquire such priceless treasures in his life.

Lily, Harriet, and Ellery had turned a meek servant into a proud warrior.

—————————————————————

Lucius visibly trembled when he read over the letter he received from Severus, which detailed Voldemort's visit.

Narcissa spent the better part of that morning calming her alpha down.

Throughout the Dark Lord's ranks, news of his return was met with mixed feelings.

His true followers leapt with unhinged joy when they learned that their leader had survived.

Other Death Eaters who had found themselves trapped in an ugly war machine lapsed into a bout of melancholy that their brief liberation had come to an unexpected conclusion.

Severus and Lucius anxiously waited for news and further instructions from Voldemort.

A week passed.

A month.

An entire year of silence went by.

Severus secretly continued his private meetings with Dumbledore. Since he had little new information to share, they spent those secret engagements discussing various potential outcomes and strategies.

Harriet grew, learned, and laughed.

Baby Ellery experienced the fleeting stages of infancy too quickly for his mother's liking.

Severus watched in awe as his son reached each developmental milestone.

Lily cherished every cuddle, kiss, and tranquil moment of holding her little ones, especially when they were fresh from their nightly baths as she soothed them to sleep.

After they laid Ellery in his cot one evening, Severus stood beside his beloved while they tucked Harriet into bed.

"Good night, sweetheart." Lily whispered as she let her fingers comb gently through her daughter's hair.

There wasn't a thick abundance of it yet, but Harriet had grown enough of a mane to wear a few bows, which Lily gladly placed on her head from time to time.

"Good night, Mummy." Harriet yawned as she closed her eyes, "Goodnight, Daddy."

"Goodnight, my darling." Severus drawled in his low, velvet voice as Lily bent down and gave Harriet one last kiss on her forehead.

After she straightened her back, Severus took her by the hand and led her towards the doorway of Harriet's room.

They lingered until they noticed their little girl's breathing become deep and rhythmic.

Lily pressed a gentle kiss to Severus's lips as she put out the candle that stood on Harriet's dresser.

Silently, Mr. and Mrs. Snape walked down the hallway to their bedroom with their hearts pounding in eager anticipation.

Neither children nor wars could quell the fiery passion of true love.

Severus enjoyed spending most of his late evenings reminding Lily of that with his kiss, his touch, and his body.