Chapter 32: a shattered heart

Recap

"I thought if I understood you, I could help you. Help cure your broken heart."

The very words repeated in his head over and over and over again.

His tired eyes fell down as he brought the rose closer. Observing it.

"But do you.....really have the courage to step into my world? Will you run...if I show you my true self?"

End of recap

Narrator's pov

"What happened?"

Jaedan asked seeing butler Cao slowly making his way past him in the empty living room.

"He's drowning himself in liquor again."
Butler Cao said as he sat down on a chair beside him in worry.

"I'll go talk to him". Jaedan said and was just about to leave when butler Cao stopped him.

"Don't. It's best to leave him alone for a while".

Seeing the old man sigh, Jaedan sat down on another chair. Watching him as he drowned in his own thoughts.

Jaedan himself couldn't help but think about the incident that occurred today. Although he found out later, he still managed to see Jungkook's abnormal behaviour.

"It wasn't like him today". Butler Cao said. Breaking silence. Grabbing Jaedan's complete attention.

"After so long....I felt as if I saw the old him. The old him was so loving don't you think? ". Jaedan added. He was smiling a little while reminiscing about the past. However, his smile slowly disappeared when a thought crossed his head.

The same thought also happened to come in butler Cao's head as well.

Butler Cao looked up at Jaedan. Watching him while Jaedan did the same.

"Do you think...he really did fall for her this time?" Jaedan sat up properly out of curiosity.

"I was thinking the same." Uncle Cao straighten himself up as well.

"But wasn't it just part of the plan? To make Sia believe he loves her? After all she is the key to success".

"At this point, I don't even know what he's thinking. It best to let him be for a while".

The two men sat quietly in much thought until Jaedan broke silence this time.

"How about we...make it possible for them?"

Uncle Cao was a bit confused at first but the minute he realised what Jaedan was trying to imply, he refused right away.

"Don't even think about it".

"But come on, don't you think they're a perfect match? They're both lonely, they both need someone to rely on. Sia has so much love to give, surely her love for him can bring out the soft side of him. And once hyung steps out of his shell, he will put her on a pedestal. We both know how crazily he'll love her."

"Jaedan, she's a married woman. Besides after what Jungkook has done, how will she ever love him?"

"But isn't hyung just blackmailing her with some videos of her secret?"